same old jets

SickJetFan

Sickjetfan is sick to his stomach...may not recover this time

I left the giants when Lt and Carson retired...what a mistake that was.

Maybe it time for me to curse the giant with my fandom!

you lost any credibility when you said you changed teams.  

I just don't know what to think anymore.  The team didn't need him.  Plenty of other backup QB's to sign or trade for.  We got rid of our cancer in Santonio Holmes.  Izdik drew a line in the sand a and took a hard line approach to free agents.  He wasn't going to spend wildly just to make a splash.  He was going to make smart moves with free agency while building this team through the draft.  Then he goes out and signs Michael Vick.  We didn't need him.  We didn't need this attention.  This just brings more of a negative attitude towards this team.  If Izdik was really going to change things and change the perception of the team, then why sign Michael Vick?  I can root for the team and I will.  I won't root for the player.  I'll continue having questions about Izdik. 

Sickjetfan is sick to his stomach...may not recover this time

I left the giants when Lt and Carson retired...what a mistake that was.

Maybe it time for me to curse the giant with my fandom!

we dont want u. 

why u leave Giants when LT/Carson left? Cause they might not win??

Gee what a swell fan..adios muchahcho

we dont want u. 

why u leave Giants when LT/Carson left? Cause they might not win??

Gee what a swell fan..adios muchahcho

Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn

But I will answer your question Mary

Perfection! I was a fan thru those years 81-90....something you have never had being a jet only fan. I watched the jets too and endured Richard Todd but I also watched kleco,shuler,hasten,walker,etc..I simply decided I will never get that high again with giants so I will just stick with jets...

I have been a Jets fan all my life and this makes me sick to my stomach.  I cannot face my children who love their dogs that I now cheer for a team that pays millons to a dog murderer.

Goodbye Jets.  Thanks for the memories

All I can figure is that the Jets want people to hate them.

I have been a Jets fan all my life and this makes me sick to my stomach.  I cannot face my children who love their dogs that I now cheer for a team that pays millons to a dog murderer.

I got an idea, turn it into a lesson about redemption for your kids.

If I was convicted of a felon, I would have to change professions as the state would take away my license and insurance companies would not touch me a ten foot pole.

If Izdik got caught strangling dogs, the NFL would be done with him, at least he would not be a GM anymore.

If a player with less talent than Vick did this, no teams would sign him.

The fact that the NFL, actually only two teams, look past his murderous ways and felony conviction just because he can run well and throw touchdowns is extremely bad for society.

I can only imagine what I would say when my child comes up to me and says this:

"Daddy, steve in class makes fun of me that my team has someone who strangled dogs with his own hands and made them fight each other to the death"

"It's ok son, he served a year in jail and he scores touchdowns"

I will probably say this now:

"Son, I cannot cheer for a player who has done these disgusting, terrible things.  It is not ok.  My former Jets team decided to look past the strangling of dogs, but I cannot.  My Jets are important to me, but my morals are way more important"  ( if half of the Jet fans said this, it would send a good message to our children, our society, the Jets and the NFL)

If I was convicted of a felon, I would have to change professions as the state would take away my license and insurance companies would not touch me a ten foot pole.

If Izdik got caught strangling dogs, the NFL would be done with him, at least he would not be a GM anymore.

The fact that the NFL, actually only two teams, look past his murderous ways and felony conviction just because he can run well and throw touchdowns is extremely bad for society.

"Daddy, steve in class makes fun of me that my team has someone who strangled dogs with his own hands and made them fight each other to the death"

"Son, I cannot cheer for a player who has done these disgusting, terrible things. It is not ok. My former Jets team decided to look past the strangling of dogs, but I cannot. My Jets are important to me, but my morals are way more important" ( if half of the Jet fans said this, it would send a good message to our children, our society, the Jets and the NFL)

Literally no one is going to make fun of your son for Vick being a Jet. They'll be to busy mocking his poof of a father.

All I can figure is that the Jets want people to hate them.

Your franchise signed Dante Stallworth four years after he killed a human being, signed Haynesworth after stomping on a guys bare head with his cleats and most recently had a player who's allegedly involved with multiple homicides. The patriots were making these signings so people would like them? Get outta here, teams make signings to win games, period. 

"Son, I cannot cheer for a player who has done these disgusting, terrible things.  It is not ok.  My former Jets team decided to look past the strangling of dogs, but I cannot.  My Jets are important to me, but my morals are way more important"  ( if half of the Jet fans said this, it would send a good message to our children, our society, the Jets and the NFL)

There's countless number of business executives who've screwed over and ruined people's lives that still maintain high-end jobs, assuming they didn't get an 8-figure buyout.  It's not just Vick, but anyone in this country that has a unique and marketable skill will always have employment. 

Look at Woody Allen: I'm not saying he did or did not molest his daughter, but it's pretty obvious that not many in the film industry cares if he did, they still love him for his film-making skill. It's not right, but that's the country we live in and it's not just Vick. There's people who've done far worse and have been punished far less than him. I mean Christ, look at Ted Kennedy.  This isn't a rare situation we're dealing with here.

:rl:   Cue the violins.  Comedy gold.  I'm telling ya, GOLD.

Your franchise signed Dante Stallworth four years after he killed a human being, signed Haynesworth after stomping on a guys bare head with his cleats and most recently had a player who's allegedly involved with multiple homicides. The patriots were making these signings so people would like them? Get outta here, teams make signings to win games, period. 

Facts are Stallworth was drunk one night, slept it off and while driving the next morning hit and killed a guy who ran out in the road. POS Kevin Mawae used to go after players knees ending their seasons.Nobody knew including you that Hernandez was involved in murder.

Vick is a dog killer and a $hitty QB. Enjoy.

Facts are Stallworth was drunk one night, slept it off and while driving the next morning hit and killed a guy who ran out in the road. POS Kevin Mawae used to go after players knees ending their seasons.Nobody knew including you that Hernandez was involved in murder.

What if it turns out Vick is on a mission?

Dude, he blew a .12, at 6' 200 lbs that's roughly 6-7 drinks and that's after him sleeping it off. Sugar-coat it any way you want, the guy was trashed and drove home too early and killed a person. 

What does Kevin Mawae being a scumbag have to do with your franchise? You don't defend your position in an argument by not even addressing it. And as for Hernandez, that scumbag was in and out of trouble with the law and had known gang-affiliations prior to being drafted, what happened with the murder is not all that surprising to those that knew him. Your franchise just chose that his football ability was worth the risk. 

Nowhere did I ever defend Vick's actions, he's a deplorable human being and I hate that the Jets signed him, however that doesn't take away from the fact that your franchise tries to play off the squeaky-clean, boyscout act, when in reality, they're just as bad and dirty as the rest of the teams in the NFL.  

Stallworth was charged with DUI manslaughter.  Why?  Because after the accident he was tested and failed.  .12

Do not come on this board and spin a murder.

He reached a financial agreement with the family as well in order to avoid a civil suit.  

Dude, he blew a .12, at 6' 200 lbs that's roughly 6-7 drinks and that's after him sleeping it off. Sugar-coat it any way you want, the guy was trashed and drove home too early and killed a person. 

What does Kevin Mawae being a scumbag have to do with your franchise? You don't defend your position in an argument by not even addressing it. And as for Hernandez, that scumbag was in and out of trouble with the law and had known gang-affiliations prior to being drafted, what happened with the murder is not all that surprising to those that knew him. Your franchise just chose that his football ability was worth the risk. 

Nowhere did I ever defend Vick's actions, he's a deplorable human being and I hate that the Jets signed him, however that doesn't take away from the fact that your franchise tries to play off the squeaky-clean, boyscout act, when in reality, they're just as bad and dirty as the rest of the teams in the NFL.  

Exactly.  He was still legally drunk after sleeping it off.  But let's compare this to a guy who blocks football players on the field.  Oh my.

Why do Pats fans always try to bring others into the debate to try and make their sh1t acceptable? Yeah the Pats taped and cheated but others did too was the excuse. Stallworth killed someone but Mawae played dirty.

Pretty lame

Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn

But I will answer your question Mary

Perfection! I was a fan thru those years 81-90....something you have never had being a jet only fan. I watched the jets too and endured Richard Todd but I also watched kleco,shuler,hasten,walker,etc..I simply decided I will never get that high again with giants so I will just stick with jets...

reading your posts makes my eyes feel like throwing up. Congrats, I didn't have any idea that sensation was even possible in human physiology.

Archived