Are you really boycotting the team because of Vick?

Maxman

I will root for his head to get separated from his body, whether he's on the field or holding a clipboard.

The paid his debt thing is a matter of opinion. Besides, I think his actual jail time was over racketeering, not his evil cruelty.

Different situation but same principle: if your daughter got raped and permanently scarred, both physically and mentally, and the dirtbag got out after 3 or 5 years & was living large, would you say, "Meh, that's all in the past now. He's paid his debt. And he even spoke out against child rape in a magazine article last year."? Probably not.

Just because one individual judge says that's enough time, or because there was only so much prosecutable evidence, that doesn't mean the punishment was apt or sufficient.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will root for his head to get separated from his body, whether he's on the field or holding a clipboard.

The paid his debt thing is a matter of opinion. Besides, I think his actual jail time was over racketeering, not his evil cruelty.

Different situation but same principle: if your daughter got raped and permanently scarred, both physically and mentally, and the dirtbag got out after 3 or 5 years & was living large, would you say, "Meh, that's all in the past now. He's paid his debt. And he even spoke out against child rape in a magazine article last year."? Probably not.

Just because one individual judge says that's enough time, or because there was only so much prosecutable evidence, that doesn't mean the punishment was apt or sufficient.

There's plenty of other thread to voice your opinions about Vicks personal life. This thread was for people explaining how they're going to boycott the Jets. Please read the first post before you just jump in. :)

How is this over analyzing?  I simply want people to go on record.  Because some people are making VERY BIG statements right now.  Just wanted to clarify.

Max what your seeing is a lot of over reaction . There are multiple fronts as to why fans do not want Micheal Vick on the team.

1. The obvious - Dog killing torturing POS psychopath

2. Hes 34 years old and does not have the same explosive abilities he had when he was in his 20's

3. The latter part of his career he's been riddled with injuries

4. The guy is the same turnover machine we just cut and is 7 years older

5. Whether fans want to believe it or not there will be a disruptive media presence and disruptions from other outlets and organizations as well.

If you want to get a true poll of the fans Max than I think you should run this poll when the regular season starts and we will have more answers at that time based on what happens in camp and what happens with the off the field crap.

Bunch of temper tantrums thats all no one is boycotting the jets over this. When a child screams and whines, you call him on it every time and never cave in. Once you cave once they own you. The whiners didnt get what they wanted but with their bluff called they arent going anywhere. Empty threats from the beginning.

Max what your seeing is a lot of over reaction . There are multiple fronts as to why fans do not want Micheal Vick on the team.

2. Hes 34 years old and does not have the same explosive abilities he had when he was in his 20's

5. Whether fans want to believe it or not there will be a disruptive media presence and disruptions from other outlets and organizations as well.

If you want to get a true poll of the fans Max than I think you should run this poll when the regular season starts and we will have more answers at that time based on what happens in camp and what happens with the off the field crap.

This.

Bunch of temper tantrums thats all no one is boycotting the jets over this. Ehen i child screams and whines, you call him on it every time and never cave in.

I guarantee a handful of fans will stop following the Jets just because they're sick of the crap. I'm not to far from it. It's the same sh*t over and over again and it's getting old.

It's just unlikely that you will be able to get anything statistically valid or projectable at this moment with the progesterone-fueled overreactions in full swing.

That isn't the goal.  I am looking for a list of names that I can save and throw it back in people's faces when they come to our tailgate lol.

I've tried in the past. This is it! No more Jets merchandise until X is done! Never works. Really. And it sucks because I'd love to say that Woody Johnson won't be getting another dime of mine until Vick, who is a piece of human trash, is off the team. But...I just know it's not true. I don't have that type of willpower. I'll be on Eastbay and something will be on sale and I'll have to buy it because I'm a big pussy. As Louis CK has said, I have a ton of beliefs and live by none of them. It really is sad. And that says a hell of a lot more about me than someone who actually has the balls to stand by their convictions. The fact that a few assholes on this site are using their free time to ridicule someone who's upset about a perfectly reasonable thing to be upset about is ******* beyond me.

this is right on the money

I agree with you and that is my point, there is a whole lot of overreaction going on.

I guarantee a handful of fans will stop following the Jets just because they're sick of the crap. I'm not to far from it. It's the same sh*t over and over again and it's getting old.

If it was that easy to walk away from this demon we would have all shook the self destructive habit of being jets fans long ago

There's plenty of other thread to voice your opinions about Vicks personal life. This thread was for people explaining how they're going to boycott the Jets. Please read the first post before you just jump in. :)

First post was from Maxman. I'm in the middle of a power struggle with him. Marking my territory like one of Vick's victims would have. It's like symbolism or something.

Basically where I was going with it is I'm not boycotting the Jets, but I will root for bad things to happen to Vick any time he is on the field (or off). That includes rooting for him to suck like he typically does anyway.

Apologetic Vick gets 23-month sentence on dogfighting charges

On its Web site Monday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution estimated that Vick has incurred financial losses of $142 million, including $71 million in Falcons salary, $50 million in endorsement income and nearly $20 million in previously paid bonuses.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3148549

First post was from Maxman. I'm in the middle of a power struggle with him. Marking my territory like one of Vick's victims would have. It's like symbolism or something.

Basically where I was going with it is I'm not boycotting the Jets, but I will root for bad things to happen to Vick any time he is on the field (or off). That includes rooting for him to suck like he typically does anyway.

Speaking of marking my spot, I just left my mark in this awesome new Jets robe that I purchased after the Jets signed Vick.  :)

Vick is such a ridiculous improvement over geno it aint funny. Bow wow is going to take us to playoffs this year. I wonder if you would root for him to get hurt in the wildcard round.

I agree with you and that is my point, there is a whole lot of overreaction going on.

This is your opinion, which is no more valid than another's.

I hope he gets hurt very badly, that it never heals, and the pain never subsides.

Some things are unforgivable to me. This is one of them.

I'm not sure if I'd equate the raping of a personal family member to how I should feel about what Vick did. In either case I'm all for mob justice and think it's a better system then what we've got now. If one of the PETA people want to sever his head from his body for you, I won't lose any more sleep then he did before he got caught and grew a conscience. I'll just laud Idzik for another cap saving move when his money comes off the books.

I'm not sure if I'd equate the raping of a personal family member to how I should feel about what Vick did. In either case I'm all for mob justice and think it's a better system then what we've got now. If one of the PETA people want to sever his head from his body for you, I won't lose any more sleep then he did before he got caught and grew a conscience. I'll just laud Idzik for another cap saving move when his money comes off the books.

I didn't, and said it's a different situation.

It wouldbe wonderfully ironic is the Jets win the Super Bowl with Mike Vick as starting QB, he'll be on the lead float down the Canyon of Heroes, get the keys to the City but half the fanbase won't be able to enjoy it because they hate Vick.

The Football Gods would definitely have a sense of humor.

Why would that make a difference?

Easier to root for a guy to get hurt at beginning of season when expectations are low. Will you root against him if he proves you wrong and we find ourselves in foxboro in the playoffs?

i seriously considered boycotting. i dont think i can stop being a jets fan....its been something i've done since i was like 8 years old. that said.....i wont be rooting for vick to do anything good here. if he gets hurt i'll be glad.

i also believe there is no way in hell they just gave him 5 million without giving him a chance to win the job......vick will likely be the opening day starter

I am entertained by the self righteous hissy fits some people are having over this move. Part of being a man is growing as a person and putting your darkest moments behind you to live a more positive life. I guess that applies for everyone except Michael Vick?

It wouldbe wonderfully ironic is the Jets win the Super Bowl with Mike Vick as starting QB, he'll be on the lead float down the Canyon of Heroes, get the keys to the City but half the fanbase won't be able to enjoy it because they hate Vick.

The Football Gods would definitely have a sense of humor.

knowing my luck in life this is exactly what will happen. one thing i want to see before i die is a jets superbowl. how sh*tty would that be if i had to watch vick be the qb to bring us there. anyway i'm positive this wont happen. no way vick can stay healthy throughout  a season

I am entertained by the self righteous hissy fits some people are having over this move. Part of being a man is growing as a person and putting your darkest moments behind you to live a more positive life. I guess that applies for everyone except Michael Vick?

some people believe that there are actions that are unforgivable and that the person who comitted them isnt worthy of redemption.

I dont think it's accurate to suggest Vick is the only person that some view as beyond redemption. Some crimes are too heinous that the scum that commit them are never forgiven. See any child molester for an example...

Boycotting is not all that realistic. That said, I usually go to a few games per year, I won't go this year because of this. I won't spend one dollar on Jets merchandise this year. I will still root for them passionately as long as Vick is not playing. If he starts, I won't watch. With my luck the jets would win the SB with Vick starting, it would be so fitting. That said, he sucks and won't win the SB, but he may start.

Archived