Cannizzaro: [Derp-filled think piece whining about Sanchez getting released later than Cannizzaro would prefer]

T0mShane

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a friend last year who got laid off from her law firm via email on Thanksgiving day.

Law Firms are brutal. Buddy of mine showed up to work one day and his key-card didn't work, apparently they just forgot to tell him that he no longer was employed there. Didn't even get the courtesy of an email. People who think what the Jets did is bad, clearly haven't spent a day in the business world, let alone see what goes down on wall street. This was also a kid with 100k in loans, not some 27 year old pretty boy with $30+ million in the bank. Pooooor Sanchez. He's gonna have to start banging jail bait in a loft in SoHo instead of the penthouses in Manhattan. 

I agree with everything stated in this article/ You guys are way way to defensive of an organization that has sh*t the bed for years and years and years then you get mad at the media for stating as such.

Get the f@ck over it man. When this team starts to do things like they should (like they did for the short time Parcells was here) you will stop seeing the negative arguments.

All everyone in this forum does is spurt out negative sh*t but then bash the media for doing the same freakin thing.

When the Jets stop acting like the morons of the football world the media will stop treating them that way.

So you therefore decided to make a post where you spurt negative sh*t and insult everyone.  Because you don't agree that holding Sanchez until it was right for the team was the right thing for the team to do.

Congratulations.  You agree with the dumbest of all the Jets beat writers.  The man who considered Herm Edwards a top 5 coach in the NFL.  lol

The Jets had 2 reasons to hold Sanchez and they only needed one.

1. They were negotiating with VIck (no matter how much I hate it). It puts the team in a poor negotiating position if the team has Geno Smith, Matt Simms, and no one.

2. They wanted to get a draft pick for Sanchez, even if it was a long shot.  The only way to guarantee getting nothing for him was to cut him weeks ago.  I'm sure Houston was certain they were going to end up releasing Schaub.  In the end they barely got anything, but barely anything is still more than nothing. 

Whatever success he had as a head coach aside, Parcells was a nasty, spiteful bastard.  Even the players who followed him from one team to another, and signed with him because they felt he was a winner, were aware of this.  He made back-room deals to abandon his current team and move to another one (did it to NE and did it to the Jets.  His divorce getting settled late prevented it from becoming big news with him going to Tampa).  The guy was negotiating a deal for himself with a division foe in the week prior to his team appearing in the superbowl.  Then on his way out the door here, he gave his buddy Bryan Cox a contract with like a $9M signing bonus or something, which would be high for Cox under today's salary cap.  His douchebaginess is the reason Belichick bolted from the team to get the hell away from him.  The guy got his rocks off f*cking with people's livelihood.  He had a number of strengths as a coach, but spare us the fairy tale of the great personal integrity of Bill Parcells.

So you therefore decided to make a post where you spurt negative sh*t and insult everyone.  Because you don't agree that holding Sanchez until it was right for the team was the right thing for the team to do.

Congratulations.  You agree with the dumbest of all the Jets beat writers.  The man who considered Herm Edwards a top 5 coach in the NFL.  lol

1. They were negotiating with VIck (no matter how much I hate it). It puts the team in a poor negotiating position if the team has Geno Smith, Matt Simms, and no one.

2. They wanted to get a draft pick for Sanchez, even if it was a long shot.  The only way to guarantee getting nothing for him was to cut him weeks ago.  I'm sure Houston was certain they were going to end up releasing Schaub.  In the end they barely got anything, but barely anything is still more than nothing. 

Whatever success he had as a head coach aside, Parcells was a nasty, spiteful bastard.  Even the players who followed him from one team to another, and signed with him because they felt he was a winner, were aware of this.  He made back-room deals to abandon his current team and move to another one (did it to NE and did it to the Jets.  His divorce getting settled late prevented it from becoming big news with him going to Tampa).  The guy was negotiating a deal for himself with a division foe in the week prior to his team appearing in the superbowl.  Then on his way out the door here, he gave his buddy Bryan Cox a contract with like a $9M signing bonus or something, which would be high for Cox under today's salary cap.  His douchebaginess is the reason Belichick bolted from the team to get the hell away from him.  The guy got his rocks off f*cking with people's livelihood.  He had a number of strengths as a coach, but spare us the fairy tale of the great personal integrity of Bill Parcells.

This. Dont forget Tuna's ex-wife saying he scumbagged moved her by  'waited on tampa' deal until divorce settled so it wouldnt be community money 

he promised Belly he's LEAVE 100% form Jets, then changed mind and said 'u coach, but I'm stayin as your Boss/team Prez'..2 things, Belly didnt want any part of him as he was promised and alos Belly knew as soon as he went 2-5, Tuna would 'save the day and come back to field',,

Tuna hosed us as far as keeping Belly for sure

So when something happens to support my end of the QB argument its a completely unsustainable stretch ? Facts no longer matter ? Give me a break db

dbatesman's got a point.  Remember Todd Collins?  Didn't do well his first year as starter in Buffalo, went to KC and became career backup.  At 36 he started his first game for the Redskins due to injury, wins four games and takes Washington to the playoffs.  Had them ahead of Seattle in the fourth quarter too, but finally lost. 

Then there was AJ Feeley in 2002 for Philadelphia, winning four out of five and bringing the Eagles into position for the playoffs until Donovan McNabb returned. Nothing came of his career afterward either.

I am going to read this post a few times.  That is how good it is.

When I wake up in the morning I will put on my robe and I am not going to grab the newspaper.  Instead I will just grab this post!

I am going to read this post a few times.  That is how good it is.

When I wake up in the morning I will put on my robe and I am not going to grab the newspaper.  Instead I will just grab this post!

I call mine 'the post' also,,,small world

On Friday, a Guy was a brokers assistant for 20 years at my current firm and the twat who runs our joke of an HR dept ran upstairs to his group after he left, got his cell phone number and fired him on his Bus ride home to the Bronx. Replaced him with two 20 somethings the following week. Pretty sure Richie would kill to have 5% of Sanchez's net wealth to live the rest of his life on.

Sanchez and his agents agreed to the March 25 roster bonus when he signed his contract, rather than having it scheduled the first day of the free agent period, knowing that it gave the Jets the leverage to hold onto him as long as they did. That was in exchange for a 20 million dollar extension!  I think that was more than fair and I don't hear Sanchez or his camp complaining, only beat writers. 

I am going to read this post a few times. That is how good it is.

When I wake up in the morning I will put on my robe and I am not going to grab the newspaper. Instead I will just grab this post!

After Namath, Bill Parcells is the best thing to ever happen to this lowly franchise. All else is slander.

After Namath, Bill Parcells is the best thing to ever happen to this lowly franchise. All else is slander.

agree UNTIL he re-neged on his deal w/Hess&Belly to totally remove himself from picture and give 100% control to Belly. By staying as Prez ?(total final control), and Belly boss, Belly wanted full control and got it in NE

If he had kept his words, there wouldnt have been 'I resign as coach of NYJ' note and we would have had same HC, asst coaches, front office and probable draft picks, Brady, and SBs as ended up w/pats

What's funny is that this crap isn't going to stop when Sanchez gets to St. Louis (or wherever). The beat guys are pissed that the organization has tightened up the leaks, and whenever they want good copy, they know they can call Sanchez's idiot brother to commiserate about the injustice of it all. O/U on number of "how many more wins would the Jets have with Mark Sanchez?" articles next season is 3.5.

agree UNTIL he re-neged on his deal w/Hess&Belly to totally remove himself from picture and give reins to Belly.

If he had kept his words, there wouldnt have been 'I resign as coach of NYJ' note and we would have had same HC, asst coaches, front office and probable draft picks, Brady, and SBs as ended up w/pats

We don't really know how true that is. It's just as likely that both Parcells and Belichick talked to Woody Johnson for ten minutes and knew enough to flee.

What's funny is that this crap isn't going to stop when Sanchez gets to St. Louis (or wherever). The beat guys are pissed that the organization has tightened up the leaks, and whenever they want good copy, they know they can call Sanchez's idiot brother to commiserate about the injustice of it all. O/U on number of "how many more wins would the Jets have with Mark Sanchez?" articles next season is 3.5.

Because I so love chaos, I'm hoping Sanchez does really, really well next year.

Bingo that's it

If Vick had turned the Jets down, Sanchez would probably have been the opening day starter

EXactly. These articles are written with the only purpose being to try and inflame a portion of the fan base.  Imagine if we kept a guy on the team who we were paying millions of dollars an extra week to make sure we had a replacement we felt good about. 

Poor über rich, super good looking, young Mark Sanchez.  LOL

Once could argue that Belichick was.  Belichick is the one who pushed so hard for the team to pick up Vinny (who Parcells refused to play until his hand-chosen guy flopped).  And then Parcells f*cked with him until he'd had enough, snapped and wanted out.  

Once could argue that Belichick was. Belichick is the one who pushed so hard for the team to pick up Vinny (who Parcells refused to play until his hand-chosen guy flopped). And then Parcells f*cked with him until he'd had enough, snapped and wanted out.

One could argue that, but it'd be silly. Parcells set the foundation for an eight year run that made Al Groh and Herm Edwards look like viable head coaches. Belichick gets kudos for escaping Woodyland, but judging by his post-Pioli personnel management, it'd be hard to convince anyone that he could do for a franchise what Parcells did for the Jets, Pats, and Cowboys.

I'm spurting negative sh*t and insulting everyone ?? Exactly how am I doing that ? Your going to tell me people on this forum don't spew out negative sh*t about the Jets or other posters ?? Really ? theres a group of 8-10 posters who do it regularly make fun of others and NEVER have a positive thing to say unless one of their buddies is involved. I know you don't disagree with everything I say Sperm but never once have you ever backed one of my posts but your certainly there with bells on when you disagree. But I'm negative

If the truth hurts then maybe people should learn from it.

Just so your aware I'm not a big Cannizzaro fan at all. As I have stated in the past I'm not a big fan of any Sports writer and the only time, ironically, that I get to read this beat writers crap is in this very forum when people post it crying like little children as if only they are allowed to bash the Jets.

I do not think the Jets purposely tried to Hurt Sanchez but I do think if they had no intension of keeping him "like some here Ironically in this very forum have stated" they should have dumped him a few weeks ago. After all he's a POS right ?

And a big LOL sticking up for Belichick the biggest scumbag of all to make your point ....a bit hypocritical no ?

Bash Parcells all you want without him this organization coming off the Kotite embarrassment would have been so much better off right ?

Archived