Kyle Wilson and Stephen Hill Trade Value

BroadwayJets

Right after we dropped cro, I assumed we'd go after a CB in free agency, which we did, but did not complete. But right before FA started, I figured these are two guys who have really good potential, but have not shown anything on the jets, nor will they. Separately, I think kyle wilson's trade value would be higher than Stephen hill's, but together I think we could grab a 2nd or 3rd round pick. The team? Detroit.

My reasoning:

I figured Detroit needs a CB, wilson is actually pretty good, mainly in the slot.

Detroit needs a WR. Stephen Hill does have potential, and has the body size of megatron, so who better to work with him than megatron himself. 

Just a thought. What do you guys think we could get for them if we were to trade them?

Right after we dropped cro, I assumed we'd go after a CB in free agency, which we did, but did not complete. But right before FA started, I figured these are two guys who have really good potential, but have not shown anything on the jets, nor will they. Separately, I think kyle wilson's trade value would be higher than Stephen hill's, but together I think we could grab a 2nd or 3rd round pick. The team? Detroit.

My reasoning:

I figured Detroit needs a CB, wilson is actually pretty good, mainly in the slot.

Detroit needs a WR. Stephen Hill does have potential, and has the body size of megatron, so who better to work with him than megatron himself.

Just a thought. What do you guys think we could get for them if we were to trade them?

Maybe a 4th or 5th rounder for Wilson nothing for Hill

My reasoning:

Your aware that not only does Detroit need a  WR, and CB, so do the Jets

We still need Wilson, and maybe even Hill. Wilson is good in the slot so why try to replace him? Why not build?

Because we don't have any fantasy guys! And he had a 82 rating in madden and espn never talks about him!

Both of them have more value to the Jets than they would have in a trade.  Now granted, for Hill that's really more in theory and based on potential, but no team would give up anything of value for him anyway, so it wouldn't be worth making a move.  Wilson on the other hand will at minimum once again be the Jets nickel if not their #2 CB this year, so a trade there really doesn't make much sense.  Beyond that, neither is costing the Jets all that much and it's not like the Jets need the money anyway, so barring a surprisingly high offer for one or both, the Jets are likely better off hanging on to them.

God, I effin' hate what fantasy football and advanced metrics have done to football and baseball.

I have played fantasy sports for 20 years. This is more about stupid is as stupid asks than it is about fantasy football.

I have played fantasy sports for 20 years. This is more about stupid is as stupid asks than it is about fantasy football.

You are probably right.  I remember 20 years ago when we congregated at the infamous Casa Escobar and sucked down strong drinks prior to the first round.  It was fun, there were no internet pundits, and no methodology other than good drinks, camaraderie and gut feeling.

Baseball totally disgusts me.  WTF happened to going to the stadium and having dogs and cold beers, maybe working your scorecard, and just watching the effin' game?  Who the **** cares about WAR other than finocchio stat geeks?  Don't even get me started on pitch counts and 200 inning "work horses".

I long for the simple life -- a quiet Sunday afternoon at the cock fights with the family.

Archived