Rex Ryan: Watch out for the Jets.

joewilly12

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sat in Shea for 81 game against Packers to get into playoffs for first time since 1979

Flew from San Diego to Pitt for AFC title game.

Sat at fake spike game.

Went to 41-0 playoff game against the colts driving 180 miles after digging out of snowstorm upstate.

Sat thru the choke against Cleveland in 85.

Sat thru 1-15.

Sat thru back to back 1st round tight end picks.

Sat thru dick Steinberg being the first GM in Jets history.

Sat thru Coslet

Sat thru "I'm entitled to enjoyment out of this team." Leon Hess and then he hires kotite

Sat thru #2 pick Blair Thomas

Sat thru Browning Nagle 330+ his first start and then a bust.

Sat thru passing over Sapp for a tight end.

Sat thru Miami 14-0 over Jets. AJ Duhe 3 picks

Sat thru 10-1 to 10-6 win over KC in wild card and then 10 point choke vs. Browns in final 4 minutes... Oh and Walton never tried to win game in OT.

Shall I continue????

Sat in Shea for 81 game against Packers to get into playoffs for first time since 1979

Sat at fake spike game.

Went to 41-0 playoff game against the colts driving 180 miles after digging out of snowstorm upstate.

Sat thru 1-15.

Sat thru Coslet

Sat thru "I'm entitled to enjoyment out of this team." Leon Hess and then he hires kotite

Sat thru 10-1 to 10-6 win over KC in wild card and then 10 point choke vs. Browns in final 4 minutes... Oh and Walton never tried to win game in OT.

Shall I continue????

Yes

What a bunch of bullcrap. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US JETS FANS want nothing more than for Rex Ryan to be right-for ONCE. Every single one of us want nothing more than to see the Jets hoisting another Super Bowl Trophy up over their heads at the end of the Canyon Of Heroes Parade.

Sat at fake spike game.

Sat thru 1-15.

Sat thru Coslet

Shall I continue????

ur list is gay. one time I saw nuu faaola in a club having an overdose in the bathroom and I used a broken shard of his coke mirror to give him an emergency laryngectomy. you go

That's expecting a lot from the draft.   Richardson was great last year and should be great again this year.   The rest of the draft wasn't exactly a vast improvement.  

Winters is a work in progress and pretty much stunk all year.  Millner was benched and stunk most of the season.  He should improve, but now he's the #1 CB on a team and he couldn't even handle being the #2 or #3 guy last year.    Ivory wasn't an improvement over Greene.  Goodson was useless.  David Garrard was useless.   Hell Geno stunk for 90 percent of the season.  

So yeah you can find starters in the draft, but will they be any good if they do start?     Saying Millner, Geno or Winters were good is a lie.  They might become good, but they sure were't last year.   So if you find 3 starters like them,  a backup like Ivory (which it what he really is) it's not really an improvement.

Winters stunk until the last month.  If he started out good and then (while healthy) stunk in November or December I'd be more worried. 

Same with Milliner.  Surgery in the spring, missed summer/camp time due to injury, missed time in the season due to injury, and his HC put him on an island with #1 WRs like he was Revis in his prime. Not saying that did him permanent damage or anything, but it's all going to make him look worse than he's going to be.  Got noticeably better towards the end.  Did a decent job on Josh Gordon (like 10 incomplete passes thrown his way) who, heading into the Jets game, was writing record books for a month.  He really should be fine at worst.

Ivory was absolutely an improvement over Greene, so I have no idea what you're watching.  Neither are good receivers, neither are fast, but Ivory has power and moves.  Though he once had power, Green now has neither.  Without breakaway speed he averaged between 4 1/2 and 5 ypc behind a meh run-blocking line and a passing attack that wasn't exactly teaching a clinic on routinely stretching the field.  Or are you more concerned with how many yards he compiled himself over 16 games? If Ivory got a pathetic 200 more yards on his next 100 carries then he'd have more or less had Shonn Greene's 2012 season.  The difference in rushing TDs don't bother me. Sanchez had 0 and Geno had 6.  Hell, they even gave Richardson a couple of goal-line carries where he got in.  Greene got more carries in 2012 than did Ivory in 2013.  That's where Greene's comparison-advantage ends.

Smith did not suck for 90% of the season.  Probably 7 of his games were so-so or better.  With a poor blocking OL, poor WRs/TEs (who were literally all injured anyway), splitting snaps with Sanchez in his first & only NFL summer, and getting injured for a week in August (crucial time for an unready rookie).  Given all that, I think there's reason to expect him to be a lot better a year later rather than the lazy idea that his rookie season will be the pinnacle of his career or even typical.  Even with his generally bad rookie season, your 90% claim is way off.  Besides, he was well worth a flier.  Projected top 10 pick drops because he acted like a punk in front of a lot of GMs, he plays QB, we needed a QB badly, and this year isn't exactly loaded with a dozen amazing QB prospects anyway.  You want to get pissed off at the QB position, get pissed off at passing on QBs in a STRONG QB draft because Tannenbum guaranteed Sanchez the starter job for the next 2 seasons a month before the draft, followed by trading our 4th & our 6th for Tim Tebow and a 7th.  Then used 2 more picks on Stephen Hill.  

Bohanon was certainly fine for a rookie 7th round FB.  One of the linemen, Campbell, was moving from one side of the ball to the other.  If you expected him to be a starter - and a good one - as a rookie, you're the only one.  As an experiment on a 6th round pick, I'm fine with the gamble.  Aboushi looks like the one who we'll move on from, and he doesn't have the excuse of playing on offense for the first time since high school.

Goodson & Garrard were not draft picks but nice try to use them as examples of a bad draft.

I think this will show to be a strong draft.

Do you like anything about this team or do you just like hating them?

Forgot to include they went 5-0 for Nagle's pre season.  Finished 4-12

Lynn Dickey, John Jefferson & James Lofton led the #1 passing attack in the NFL into the 1981 game....

Yes, what do I know about the Jets.....

Hooray we're all Jet fans!!!

Anyway maybe Rex talking like this means that fat Rex is coming back, always liked him better.

Sat at fake spike game.

Sat thru 1-15.

Sat thru Coslet

Shall I continue????

Yes please. But slower.

Usually this site is just a bad habit, but sometimes I really love it. Lol.

he missed vinny achilles. that was the worst for me because it is around the time i went from being a fan because of the old man to really loving the team on my own. it was especially cruel because first we got the setup jab of squandering a halftime lead and losing that AFC championship game to Denver only to watch them beat an Atlanta team that we would've decimated in the SB, then we recovered our balance a bit during the offseason while expectations soared to stratospheric heights leading into next season, only to get hammered by the follow through uppercut on opening day. truly a 9 month kick to the sack.

he missed vinny achilles. that was the worst for me because it is around the time i went from being a fan because of the old man to really loving the team on my own. it was especially cruel because first we got the setup jab of squandering a halftime lead and losing that AFC championship game to Denver only to watch them beat an Atlanta team that we would've decimated in the SB, then we recovered our balance a bit during the offseason while expectations soared to stratospheric heights leading into next season, only to get hammered by the follow through uppercut on opening day. truly a 9 month kick to the sack.

I sh*t myself that day and didn't even care.  I do now all the time but back then it was a big deal.

Rex loves his players, his players love him. I hope he'll be here for a long time

Love?  Wins.  There have to be wins. Pete Carroll shot hoops with the guys when he was here. Big Deal.  I did not want Rex back last year but fair is fair.  You have to give him this year--minimum 8-8 finish.  Next year: playoffs or bye bye.

Sat at fake spike game.

Sat thru 1-15.

Sat thru Coslet

Sat thru Browning Nagle 330+ his first start and then a bu

Shall I continue????

looks like you Sat thru a lot of this,..change it up, get off your a## maybe our luck will change.

Archived