Rex Ryan: Watch out for the Jets.

joewilly12

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sh*t myself that day and didn't even care. I do now all the time but back then it was a big deal.

It is the day that made me a dark wider. I shall never have high expectations for this sputtering train wreck of a team again. 0-18 next season.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. What's the guy supposed to say? "You know what guys I'm not too confident about our squad this year. We're probably going to suck. So, to all you remaining free agents and late cuts don't bother coming here. Also, if you're on the squad right now. Hopefully it's a short contract so you can go to an organization that's going to try"

The guy had a the most underrated team in the league last year and he just said "Watch out for the Jets this year" As in they'll be better than expected. It's a fairly benign comment. 

• 8 months later...

I don't think there has ever been a coach in the history of sports that talked this much sh*t and backed none of it up. And that guy just happened to coach us because of course that would happen.

What did you guys expect?

20 seconds into his very first press conference he utters "I didn't come here to kiss Belichick's rings". What first-time HC would be that stupid? Only Bozo the clown.

The best one however, was when he claimed "we are a zillion times better than when we played them last time". Then he lets the Bills kick his ass up and down the field.

The guy is an absolute clown and Jets fans deserve better.

20 seconds into his very first press conference he utters "I didn't come here to kiss Belichick's rings". What first-time HC would be that stupid? Only Bozo the clown.

The best one however, was when he claimed "we are a zillion times better than when we played them last time". Then he lets the Bills kick his ass up and down the field.

and the Jets deserve better??  Really???   based on what?

It's almost like the guy is putting on an act so people will pay attention to him. What a crazy thing for an adult to do.

I don't think there has ever been a coach in the history of sports that talked this much sh*t and backed none of it up. And that guy just happened to coach us because of course that would happen.

This made me lol

I don't think Rex actually realizes what he's doing. No sane person would make statements like this with a 2-11 team. And it seems he's still in denial that the Jets are a sub par team. Well thank god Woody loves him! He loves him simply for statements like this that grabs headlines. The top priority for us should be trying to win a super bowl. Not back page headlines psl's and money. But that's why were the jets. The new laughing stock of the NFL. Hasn't been like this since 95-96 when kotite was saying we gotta get back on track

Archived