John Idzik on Michael Kay & B&C: MERGED

Maxman

See, all of the above things happened AFTER the people in question left the Giants. The Jets, on the other hand, went out and INTENTIONALLY acquired a "character" guy like ConVick the Criminal. Note the difference there?

NY Giants linebacker Michael Boley accused of abusing his 5-year-old son, being investigated by police in Alabama according to report

David Diehl pleads guilty to DWI

It amazes me how many times this organization has been fooled by the big shinny object and its absolutely burned the Jets.  And now that they've finally got a frugal more calculated GM, everyone is up in arms about not breaking the bank for the big shinny object.

Bout time Rex has a real GM. 

It amazes me how many times this organization has been fooled by the big shinny object and its absolutely burned the Jets.  And now that they've finally got a frugal more calculated GM, everyone is up in arms about not breaking the bank for the big shinny object.

Vick is a shiny trinket.

10 years ago

Yup. Don't pretend Schaub is Joe Montana. But there is a better chance he goes back to being decent in the right system than there is that Vick will be any better than the turnover machine he was last year, with less speed and more injuries.

Yup. Don't pretend Schaub is Joe Montana. But there is a better chance he goes back to being decent in the right system than there is that Vick will be any better than the turnover machine he was last year, with less speed and more injuries.

I don't think the Vick move was a splash move was what I was getting at. There's no upside with Schaub. He's got no arm left and he throws picks. Vick has his own limitations but there's no question he has more upside if he can stay healthy.

It amazes me how many times this organization has been fooled by the big shinny object and its absolutely burned the Jets. And now that they've finally got a frugal more calculated GM, everyone is up in arms about not breaking the bank for the big shinny object.

I agree. Plus, most GMs don't say much at all, via their own mouths or anonymous Mehta quotes. I'm not dying to go back to the Tannenbaum era.

Isn't it obvious?  The Jets are supposed to sign every single big name FA, but only for the vet minimum.  If they don't, they are the worst team in professional sports history.

While I do agree with this, I generally think they did alright last time they splurged. They overpaid Scott (who was still ridiculous his first two years) and Holmes  but everyone else was an easy enough out. Ironically it is the monster contracts in the pre-capped draft that took them down. 

Preach!!!!

In case you were wondering.  #20.  Go Gators.

http://www.businessinsider.com/public-colleges-with-smartest-students-2014-3

UF is fine man, I was just busting balls. All joking aside though, what the hell is New College of Florida?  I've never heard of it.

I actually have no problem with the college system in Florida, I would have gone there if I were a state resident, but being from New York I definitely wasn't going to pay private school money to go to another state's public school, unless it was Berkley or UNC.  Hell, I wish I were a Florida state resident, could have gone to FSU med for $20k a year. 

UF is fine man, I was just busting balls. All joking aside though, what the hell is New College of Florida?  I've never heard of it.

I actually have no problem with the college system in Florida, I would have gone there if I were a state resident, but being from New York I definitely wasn't going to pay private school money to go to another state's public school, unless it was Berkley or UNC.  Hell, I wish I were a Florida state resident, could have gone to FSU med for $20k a year. 

Never heard of it until that article either.  I just wanted to let Shane know my brains are good even though I cant spell.

Archived