Movie Madness Mafia - Good vs Evil

Pac

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Song - she appears to be agreeing with a few people, then voted for Jack after he tried to revive the Fagus train. Was around during N1, I'd like to hear from her on current events in the game. 

I'll have to get to the rest of the players in a couple hours, I'm going out til this afternoon. 

BTW, nice way to actually dodge any of the questions I asked you with a vote on me. 

I didn't dodge the questions at all. I'm notorious for not being active early in games. Since I tried to change that MO the last few games it got me killed. When you asked me what I had to offer which obviously was not much at the time I decided to read through your posts and I found a whole lot of nothing ...you know the same thing you were accusing me of contributing. You brought the attention to yourself I'm just making players aware of it. So right now, since you need to know more , I'm looking at you as playing scummy. What say you about your contributions to the game this far ?

Leelou is pretty much the only thing keeping this game from being a snoozefest, so I don't find her nearly the scummiest thing going on here. Ape's busy, but he really legitmately hasn't done much here either except contribute a scramble and then question people who wouldn't attempt to possibly give him a power, when it really could be any alignment that can ask for a power.

I really don't know why CTM thinks my post was suddenly scummy. I still stand by the logic that the sequence of events was that scum was being run up day one, 80 reveals, Hess and AVM take their vote off for some reason, then someone shot 80 who was scum. Clearly wasn't scum who shot 80 unless they're running the deepest game ever. Maybe Hess and AVM are both town who look really bad by the end result, but it's not like that was an organic lynch that came to an end with reaching the correct vote count. It appears to me like it was an attempted derailment of a correct lynch that got caught in the middle by an unaccounted for shot. 

Two game-related questions that don't make sense to me is why did day one end with Nolder's shot (or maybe a second power made the day end but their wasn't an announcement). The second is what function does the werewolf serve. I assume for flavor reasons it is probably impotent at day? BG was killed by a harpoon, which again could be flavor, but that doesn't sound like a werewolf. And if it's a lone wolf sk type deal there was only one death so far at night. The second question we just have to wait and see but the first one is just bizarre. 

I also don't really see what's particularly worrisome about Jack at this point. In the beginning, yes, BG who was the claimed cop was mistakenly saying Jack was a confirmed guilty. I get that looks bad for Jack initially, but it came to light that BG actually had no results on day one to share so all we're left with is a newish cop's beliefs that Jack looked scummy. Jack this entire time was pretty much saying AVM looked suspicious and BG was somehow hollering at him that Jack was scummy for saying the same thing he was saying.

On top of everything, and I think this is a key point, is that Jack said he could kill someone and himself and was considering using it on BG. That's an easily verifiable claim and it's something scum have to worry about as well in terms of him being able to easily take down one of their members. I'm not saying I think he's town because of all this, but my concerns about him diminish significantly because we can just tell him to kill someone if we need it and if he fails to die himself then we lynch him (must be done before lylo) 

So I'm interested in hearing about the people passively voting and fosing Jack and explaining to me what exactly is making him suspicious or fishy to them. Again, my read is more neutral than anything. What comes to mind is Hess (with a FOS today), Nyn, and Crusher who voted Jack.

You most have skimmed in your reading, because while my vote was indeed on Jack day 1 (for a ridiculous revote on fagus after pac reset the vote count), I have expressed that my concerns on him have lessened since and that I've agreed with him on his thoughts about BeeGee. I also said that I don't think BeeGee flipping as the cop reflects on Jack in a bad way, due to the way BeeGee was playing.

Jack cleared my FOS. I missed that part on my initial skimming through the game. I was trying to keep track while finishing the mock in the draft forum. Leelou, CTM, Verb seem most town. JVOR ok with too, Jack to a lesser degree, at least Nyn is making an effort. Nol is either SK or vig. Either way I'm not lynching. AVM I guess out of consideration. Ape's scramble post didn't ping at all. Scum is probably hiding. Only post to recently ping so far is Smash's.

This is without really looking at trains but gut feeling. At some point I'll look closer.

invote vote Smash

Leelou is pretty much the only thing keeping this game from being a snoozefest, so I don't find her nearly the scummiest thing going on here. Ape's busy, but he really legitmately hasn't done much here either except contribute a scramble and then question people who wouldn't attempt to possibly give him a power, when it really could be any alignment that can ask for a power.

I really don't know why CTM thinks my post was suddenly scummy. I still stand by the logic that the sequence of events was that scum was being run up day one, 80 reveals, Hess and AVM take their vote off for some reason, then someone shot 80 who was scum. Clearly wasn't scum who shot 80 unless they're running the deepest game ever. Maybe Hess and AVM are both town who look really bad by the end result, but it's not like that was an organic lynch that came to an end with reaching the correct vote count. It appears to me like it was an attempted derailment of a correct lynch that got caught in the middle by an unaccounted for shot. 

Two game-related questions that don't make sense to me is why did day one end with Nolder's shot (or maybe a second power made the day end but their wasn't an announcement). The second is what function does the werewolf serve. I assume for flavor reasons it is probably impotent at day? BG was killed by a harpoon, which again could be flavor, but that doesn't sound like a werewolf. And if it's a lone wolf sk type deal there was only one death so far at night. The second question we just have to wait and see but the first one is just bizarre. 

I'm pretty confident you are town. <3

I don't like how the day phase started with this easy AVM vs. Jack thing.

This was BeeGee to Jack_D. Confirming he was scum. How I don't know. Did he get a Day investigation instead of Night or was he just truly playing with zero sense. Jack jumped on the Fagus train too eager, hence his own early train. In fact, I was the one who derailed Jack's train at 5 votes with Ape at 3 and 80, 3. I voted 80 to 4, he eventually spazzes at the rest is history.  

Also, Jack and 80 were both 2nd votes on each other's trains. Ballsy buss but their votes were early enough. 

VOTE AVM  and FOS Jack. T

He was way too defensive about his vote/unvote.  

Hess was the first post and has since reread, so I have less of an issue with this one.

Small FOS Hess for the quick unvote after 80's claim. 

This post, 80's flip and then AVM's defense makes me comfortable voting him. 

vote AVM

AVM and Jack are my top two suspects right now. AVM for reasons mentioned yesterday and Jack for his interactions with our now dead cop. I'm also watching the quiet ones. I'd like to hear more from JVoR, Dan, Lily, Hallia, Smash and Fagus. 

Then Leelou chimes in, also with both AVM and Jack as her top two.

I don't want to sheep along and vote AVM, but you make a good point Leelou regarding that claim and subsequent unvote, I'd like to hear what he has to say about it.

I have nothing to do but play mafia until my wow is fixed >.<

Hallia's is probably my least favorite post of the bunch. Not even a vote here.

Eh, I don't know. My vote on day 1 rested on Jack (after my joke vote on Song) because his play was fishy. He was gaining a semblance of credibility because some of the things he was saying about BeeGee seemed to make sense to me. But now with BeeGee's flip, which by the way who knew :tongue:...... I'm conflicted. True, BeeGee flipped cop but his play made him look like anything but the cop. Or a townie for that matter. His inaccuracies, however unintentional, made him look bad. I don't see why scum would openly try to take him down if they were going to shoot him at night anyhow. Trying to do it during the day would have put them in evidence when he flipped. It seems like sloppy play.

What has been said about AVM makes tons of sense and I agree with it. I don't really have more to add to it since it's been looked at from loads of angles as is. So I feel good about going with this direction.  Vote AVM

Again, we're talking only about AVM and Jack, as if they are the two options for the day.

Both AVM and Jack look like crap.  vote : Jack

Put AVM at L1 and I will do what I do.

/Pac'd

And this.

You most have skimmed in your reading, because while my vote was indeed on Jack day 1 (for a ridiculous revote on fagus after pac reset the vote count), I have expressed that my concerns on him have lessened since and that I've agreed with him on his thoughts about BeeGee. I also said that I don't think BeeGee flipping as the cop reflects on Jack in a bad way, due to the way BeeGee was playing.

Now that you've unvoted AVM and your concerns about Jack have lessened, what are your thoughts on other people?

A Rochester suburb noted for it's quaint charm and abundance of tree life.   Also home to one of the top elementary schools in the state which is where my little guy goes. 

JVoR and I are hoping to visit the Rochester area sometime this summer or fall. :) I haven't been back in so long.

@Dan

You just quoted my second thoughts about Jack as I was voting AVM *laughs*  Are you for real?  The fact that you're trying to make a connection between my unvote and change of hearts about Jack is lame. Secondly, I never said that in my posts I mentioned an alternative, so I'm not even sure what you're on about.... your posts seem full of fluff, my dear.

I'm afraid my scum hunting skills aren't as honed as yours, so I have yet to map out every scum in this game. :P

Right now I'm getting town vibes from Nolder, Jack, Lily, CTM and Verbal. AVM, by default, is in the no touch zone right now because of his doc claim. The rest I've yet to decide. I always have a hard time telling with Leelou so it's really a shot in the dark... there are a lot of players in this game that I've never played with before so it's close to impossible to tell if there's something off about their play. Still trying though.

The Smash angle... he is second the last in post count on the thread and when he did show up he pinged a bit. But there isn't much to go on. Still, I have no problem getting rid of inactives. It's a good hiding place for scum.

I've played a couple of times with Hallia. She seems to be playing the way she usually does. It's neither here nor there, but I'd be more keen on her if she was acting differently. So for now I don't really have a read on her.

you sorta sound like Cindy with the whole wah nobody is getting me thing. Starting to ping.

Really? Cindy?  I'm deeply hurt, Hess. Really, I thought we had a moment there.

People don't get me plenty. I've gotten over that ages ago. When people don't bother to read in a game based on written posts.... well it can be bothersome :P

Really? Cindy? I'm deeply hurt, Hess. Really, I thought we had a moment there.

People don't get me plenty. I've gotten over that ages ago. When people don't bother to read in a game based on written posts.... well it can be bothersome :P

Buttons have pushed. Project mayhem has been set in motion. We'll see.

You're getting town vibes from me? Really?

I'm just sitting on my ass voting Smash because low post count and resting on the fact that I killed scum.

I haven't done a single bit of scum hunting or vetting of anyone.

Sorry but that smacks of buddying to me.

You're getting town vibes from me? Really?

I'm just sitting on my ass voting Smash because low post count and resting on the fact that I killed scum.

I haven't done a single bit of scum hunting or vetting of anyone.

Sorry but that smacks of buddying to me.

Keep the Diddy Kong avy -- this new persona of yours is awesome lmao

@Dan

You just quoted my second thoughts about Jack as I was voting AVM *laughs*  Are you for real?  The fact that you're trying to make a connection between my unvote and change of hearts about Jack is lame. Secondly, I never said that in my posts I mentioned an alternative, so I'm not even sure what you're on about.... your posts seem full of fluff, my dear.

I'm afraid my scum hunting skills aren't as honed as yours, so I have yet to map out every scum in this game. :tongue:

Right now I'm getting town vibes from Nolder, Jack, Lily, CTM and Verbal. AVM, by default, is in the no touch zone right now because of his doc claim. The rest I've yet to decide. I always have a hard time telling with Leelou so it's really a shot in the dark... there are a lot of players in this game that I've never played with before so it's close to impossible to tell if there's something off about their play. Still trying though.

The Smash angle... he is second the last in post count on the thread and when he did show up he pinged a bit. But there isn't much to go on. Still, I have no problem getting rid of inactives. It's a good hiding place for scum.

I've played a couple of times with Hallia. She seems to be playing the way she usually does. It's neither here nor there, but I'd be more keen on her if she was acting differently. So for now I don't really have a read on her.

This post is bad.

If Dan's posts are fluff, why are you taking the time to respond to them as if they are actual arguments.

I get the town read on Jack, and to a lesser extent, Nolder.  BG314's screw-up basically ended up being a reaction test and Jack passed imo.  Nolder shot scum and has been unashamed of his lack of effort, which is townish imo.

Lily is being typical Lily.  I have no idea how anyone but Jack would have a read on her atm.  CTM is hiding behind his meta of insulting people and taking potshots at the Ape.  Mild scum read on him, so I don;t get the town read at all.  Verbal is doing his typical early-game Verbal stuff, so the town-read there doesn't make much sense to me either.

The mention of AVM is superfluous and looks like it's there to add credibility to a somewhat weak list.

And Leelou is towntelling pretty hard right now imo, so being undecided on her is bad imo.

So all in all, this post looks like a bad defense, followed by a somewhat arbitrary and under-explained list of town reads, as well as a couple waffling statements on inactives.  No actual scum reads or controversial stances.

Vote Nyn

Archived