Movie Madness Mafia - Good vs Evil

Pac

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game!! I was waay off on the set up man. Didn't realize that many scum would be in the game. Didn't understand a set up with a cult involved. 

Great job Ace, AVM, and JVOR. Well deserved win!!!

I'd was hoping you'd convert at least 1 scum...  that would have been very interesting to see how that person would have played double agent.

Nice game you guys!

So, AVM false claimed Doc and nobody countered because there wasn't one? For like a second I thought something like this could be possible, but I'd done so much over-imagining earlier in the game, I figured AVM was the convert and didn't want to spin my wheels further... not that it mattered.

Good call keeping me alive this long too. Like I always say to AVM when he's scum with me, kill off the competency and take the derps to end game. I was a huge derp in this one. I think the only worthwhile reads I made all game were on JVOR and Dan on D1, when I was actually still mired in that other game. 

Anyway, fun game as always Pac. Thank you!

Such a fun game, Pac. I don't know if I've ever laughed so much from start to finish.

Thanks!  : )

I kinda mailed in the last few scenes but I'm hung over and not feeling particularly creative.  I laughed pretty damn hard when I first saw your ET reveal..  That was some funny sh*t.

Scum Team 1:

Crusher - You are the Blob (Scum GF).

You are a disgusting mess who intends to destroy all the heroes. Since you are a mass of filth that doesn't have any features, you are immune from any investigations and will show as town.

You partners are JVoR (Freddy Krueger) and Michael Myers (AVM).

AVM - You are Michael Myers (Scum with a 1 time vest).

You are a killer with supernatural powers that allow you to sustain massive punishment. With that in mind you have a vest that will protect you from anything that might come your way.

Your partners are The Blob (Crusher) and Freddy Krueger (JVoR).

JVoY - You are Freddy Krueger (Scum Role Blocker).

You are a master of the dream world with tremendous powers. With that in mind at night you can choose a player to visit in their dream and render any power they may have useless.

Your partners are The Blob (Crusher), and Michael Myers (AVM).

Scum Team 2:

Leelou - You are Pinhead (Scum GF).

Your human form is forever gone and whats replaced it is pure evil. The person you used to be is history and what you've become is unrecognizable. With that in mind, any time you are targeted with an investigation you will show as innocent.

Your partners are Jason Voorhees (80), and Species (Dan X).

Dan - You are Species (Scum Stalker).

You are a master of deception and able to manipulate anyone you choose. With that in mind each night you are able to target a player and get them to reveal any role they may have.

Your partners are Pinhead (Leelou) and Jason Voorhees (80).

80 - You are Jason Voorhees (Scum with a vest).

You are perhaps the dumbest character in the entire game but are freakishly strong. With that in mind you are able to thwart any attack that may come your way ONE TIME during the game. You'll be protected by the stupid hockey mask you always wear.

Your partners are Pinhead (leelou) and Species (Dan X).

Werewolf Team -

HESS - You are David Kessler (CL with 2 conversions).

Poor guy. All you wanted was to go to London and enjoy yourself. Instead you were bitten and are now a werewolf.

TWO TIMES in the game, at ANY TIME you are able to bite any player of your choosing. 1 of the times your bite will be unstoppable regardless of any protection a player may have, and the other, can be stopped.

NOTE: I had to change around this role due to 3 people being added in last minute. To give the cult a real chance I immediately added Wombat to the team and still are giving them 2 conversions.

Wombat - You are Jack Goodman (member of cult with Hess who is David Kessler).

You and David went to London looking for fun but it ended in tragedy. David was bitten by and converted into a werewolf and he has now done the same to you.

VERB - You are Marty McFly (Town Time Traveler)

1 time in the game you are able to use your power to skip all night actions and we will go to the next morning. Simply PM me after a lynch and we'll immediately start a new day.

CTM - You are Chet (Town douche bag).

You're a pretty smarmy fellow aren't you. You win with the town and want to destroy the evil characters but can't help yourself. You just have to be an a$$hole.

There is however 1 benefit to being a douche. If I see that you're playing in the spirit of your role (ie being a jerk) I'll award you with a vest that you can put on starting night 1.

Goes without saying but you CANNOT REVEAL WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR THAT IT WILL EARN YOU ANYTHING.

You can say you have a vest or whatever you'd like, just not that you had to earn it.

SONG/VERB - You are Clarice Starling (1 time Lie Detector).

At any point in the game you can PM me a post to investigate and will be told if it is true or false.

LILY - You are Laura Croft (Town Commuter).

On even nights you are able to leave the town thus making yourself ineligible to be targeted by anyone. If someone tries to kill you they will miss.. But if someone were to investigate you they wouldn't get a result.

This happens every EVEN night (2,4 etc).

JACK D - You are Martin Riggs (Town Suicide Bomber).

You really are a hot head with a death wish. At any point of the game of your choosing you can attack 1 player in the game and blow them up. The problem is in order to do so you'll have to make the ultimate sacrifice. See the bomb you have is attached to a vest you're wearing.

So you can kill someone, but you'll die as well. You don't have to use the role but are obviously encouraged to do so if the urge strikes.

NOLDER - You are Frank Dux (town lethal weapon).

You are known for having the fastest recorded knock out in the history of the Bloodsport tournament. With that in mind you have special power to be utilized ONCE at any point in the game.

Any time a player has reached half the required # of votes to lynch, you can PM me telling me to take them out. They will die and we will go to night.

You win with the heroes.

INTEGRITY - You are Rocky Balboa (townie that can earn boxing gloves).

You've been stripped of your gloves by Apollo. (flavor).

You can earn your gloves back to knock any player out of your choosing if you are able to get someone in the game to say "yo Adrian". You CANNOT REVEAL WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Once I see a yo adrian you'll be given gloves to be used at any point in the game you'd like.

HALLIA - You are Judge Chamberlain Haller (Town Judge).

1 time during the game you are able to pardon a player who has just been lynched. If you plan on using the power please be quick with and PM me shortly before or after a lynch has occurred.

BEE GEE - You are Axl Foley (Town Cop). ****REAL COP******

Each night you can PM me the name of a player to investigate. I'll let you know if they're good or evil.

JIF - You are Tootsie (Town Cross Dresser).

You're quite the fruit. For some reason you like dressing in womens clothing and gallivanting around town.

There is however a perk to your behavior. Every ODD NIGHT (1,3 etc) you are wearing clothes which make you unrecognizable. Anyone attempting to kill you won't be able to find you. (basically doc protection on odd nights).

You win with the town.

SMASH - You are Cujo (Townie with 1 time poison).

You are aligned with the town but have some extra juice. At any point during the day game you can decide to attack a player and infect them with rabies. The victim will survive the initial attack but die from the rabies that night.

NYN : You are Frank Drebin (Town Cop) ******* NYN IS ACTUALLY A NAIVE COP BUT THINKS SHES LEGIT *****

Each night you can PM me the name of a player to investigate and will be told if they are good or evil

Nice game you guys!

So, AVM false claimed Doc and nobody countered because there wasn't one? For like a second I thought something like this could be possible, but I'd done so much over-imagining earlier in the game, I figured AVM was the convert and didn't want to spin my wheels further... not that it mattered.

Good call keeping me alive this long too. Like I always say to AVM when he's scum with me, kill off the competency and take the derps to end game. I was a huge derp in this one. I think the only worthwhile reads I made all game were on JVOR and Dan on D1, when I was actually still mired in that other game. 

AVM thought he was dead so they tried to draw out real doc as JVoR was RBer...

I wanted to do something new with the Doc concept so gave JiF doc protection on Odd nights and Lily Doc protection on even nights... I figured that and the fact the town had a vest, could skip night, and could pardon, made up for lack of a conventional doc.

Nice game you guys!

I didn't shoot you because I was sure you were cult. No wonder you were being so damn uncooperative LOL.

Town player of the game -- Verbs 2nd incarnation.  It's true he technically shouldn't have been there but he still had to figure everything out and was doing the best job of it.

Pinheads MVP - Dan..  She and Leelou are good players who are hard to lynch so I had to gimp their team by adding 80.

Blobs MVP - JVoR..  nailed Hess and was fairly accurate the 2nd half of the game

Wolves MVP - Hess got it by a nose over JiF (who did play well) because he wasn't afraid to be super active all game.  Not easy to do as a CL.

Overall bad guy MVP - Ape

AVM thought he was dead so they tried to draw out real doc as JVoR was RBer...

I wanted to do something new with the Doc concept so gave JiF doc protection on Odd nights and Lily Doc protection on even nights... I figured that and the fact the town had a vest, could skip night, and could pardon, made up for lack of a conventional doc.

Having both docs get converted, a naive cop who was a flake, and the real cop forfeiting himself on N1 ... I'm actually surprised this game played out so evenly in balance, all things considered.

Anyway, I know I played poorly - I couldn't maintain any focus at all and just had no energy for details - I tried to play it purely real-time, like I did when I first started playing, and not surprisingly the results were the same. No biggie - this was my worst game in a long, long while... 

I've got way too much going on in my life right now. I'm hoping things calm down in a few weeks. Then I'll be up for game.

Having both docs get converted, a naive cop who was a flake, and the real cop forfeiting himself on N1 ... I'm actually surprised this game played out so evenly in balance, all things considered.

Anyway, I know I played poorly - I couldn't maintain any focus at all and just had no energy for details - I tried to play it purely real-time, like I did when I first started playing, and not surprisingly the results were the same. No biggie - this was my worst game in a long, long while... 

I've got way too much going on in my life right now. I'm hoping things calm down in a few weeks. Then I'll be up for game.

You're not factoring what I thought was a likely scenario of scum teams shooting each other and the wolves..  for the most part all they did was kill townies.

Town could have easily pulled it out...  What killed it were the Nyn meltdown and allowing the Hallia lynch to go through so she had to use her power on herself.

This was one thing that I felt I was right about, and I couldn't understand why any townie didn't see it.

While I will take full ownership for my overtures of wrongness, I will say, a lot of times I ended up wrong for good reasons in this game. There were a lot of illogical moments by townies that I picked up on and ran with.

Town player of the game -- Verbs 2nd incarnation.  It's true he technically shouldn't have been there but he still had to figure everything out and was doing the best job of it.

Pinheads MVP - Dan..  She and Leelou are good players who are hard to lynch so I had to gimp their team by adding 80.

Blobs MVP - JVoR..  nailed Hess and was fairly accurate the 2nd half of the game

Wolves MVP - Hess got it by a nose over JiF (who did play well) because he wasn't afraid to be super active all game.  Not easy to do as a CL.

Overall bad guy MVP - Ape

Fully expected that one. :)

I think you are letting some other pretty pitiful performances off the hook too easy ... CTM was chock full of wrong, paranoia and stupid arguments, I mean have you EVER seen him apply logic with bias like that? As town? I never have.... and BeeGee forfeited the cop role.

Also... Nyn.

:P

Nice game you guys!

Honestly, I feel like we let the game come to us.  That, and JVoR basically coached/managed us after his death.  I made some terrible calls and played a terrible game...just got bailed out by combination of untimely bad play, perfect conversions by Hess, and the aforementioned coaching by JVoR.

Hess played amazing.  Dan, honestly, played in a way that she was so obviously scum she kept herself alive while everyone searched for CL.  

@Dan -- As soon as I read "I want to hear from AVM," I knew you guys had figured it out in some way.  Killed me haha.  I wanted to go the co-winners route, if possible.  FWIW, we probably lose without your play :D

gg all. That Halia lynch screwed all other factions badly. 

Agreed.  That sucked big time.  I especially feel bad for Hess, who played simply outstanding.

Oh and @JiF -- fan-damn-tastic play dude.  In all honesty if some scenario unfolded where we killed the Ape (lynch or NK) and he flipped town...I would have gotten paranoid that Ace had been converted.

Oh and I loved the difference between the dead thread and the other scum thread:

Scum thread:  The shock that I wasn't actually cop along with lots of love from Dan.  Fun times :biggrin:

Dead thread: Basically..."So...is AVM legally retarded?"

edit:  Reading beegee's hatred for me has made me stronger than ever.

...and more AwesomeTM

Also, last commentary:

@dead thread (aka bee gee) -- there was no "holding AVM accountable" for your death because of the time you revealed, partially into the night phase.  My argument was always going to be that I submitted before you claimed.

Oh and I think it goes without saying, but awesome game Pac.  Incredibly hard to do a multi-faction game like that...you're the man

My saving grace in this game was recruiting you to the community. Glad you came over. Hope to see you play regularly. :)

I was actually confused at first since it was a cult game and I had no ideas how balance is done here. But when I'd come home to catch up I'd just laugh at all the crazy interactions. Good times. I'll probably take a short break due to bad timing unless a mod really, really needs to fill up a game. I'll stick around for sure though.

Oh and I loved the difference between the dead thread and the other scum thread:

Scum thread: The shock that I wasn't actually cop along with lots of love from Dan. Fun times :biggrin:

Dead thread: Basically..."So...is AVM legally retarded?"

edit: Reading beegee's hatred for me has made me stronger than ever.

...and more AwesomeTM

B)

No, no....

You'll notice that comment was very early after my death and I was angry (at myself mostly) about being dead after having an early read.

You played a great game

But with that said.... Come at me bro!

Archived