Johnny Football Pro Day

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally saw some highlights of Manziel's workout. That 50 yard "bomb" everybody is talking about to Mike Evans raised more red flags about his arm strength than anything else. The ball does not jump out of his hand with any great velocity and if that is the best he can do and that too in an indoor stadium I am not sure many NFL teams would like to spend a 1st round pick on him.

first of all he threw that ball on the run which means he did not get to plant and throw. That ball was all arm so yes he does have a strong arm and can make all the throws . Basing what he did he pro day on one throw is ridiculous.

first of all he threw that ball on the run which means he did not get to plant and throw. That ball was all arm so yes he does have a strong arm and can make all the throws . Basing what he did he pro day on one throw is ridiculous.

Reading comprehension. Did not say my entire opinion was based on one throw. But yes the probability of that throw being completed in real game situation would have been negligible even if the WR was a Mike Evans.

It was an indoors workout. I was not impressed. Its my judgement call. You can have your opinion about it.

Johnny football pro day? You mean Mike Evans? 

Reading comprehension. Did not say my entire opinion was based on one throw. But yes the probability of that throw being completed in real game situation would have been negligible even if the WR was a Mike Evans.

It was an indoors workout. I was not impressed. Its my judgement call. You can have your opinion about it.

Im not a big fan of pro days or the combine but Manziel made every throw has very quick feet and a strong arm that along with his play on the field will no doubt make him a top 5 pick which, unfortunately means the Jets will have zero chance of getting him. Mike Evans will go top ten so zero chance for the Jets to get him either.

Im not a big fan of pro days or the combine but Manziel made every throw has very quick feet and a strong arm that along with his play on the field will no doubt make him a top 5 pick which, unfortunately means the Jets will have zero chance of getting him. Mike Evans will go top ten so zero chance for the Jets to get him either.

I cannot check out the vid or gif you posted at work.

I am was not impressed by what i saw. The made every throw was also quoted of Mark Sanchez's ability. He may still go Top 5 or Top 10 because baring last year's draft QB's usually get taken higher than they should be. Even last year the Bills drafted EJ Manuel in the first round and i did not think he was a first round talent.

So wont be surprised if Manziel soes Top 5 or 10. But he definitely is not a first round talent.

Im glad...we dont need him. Evans yes, but we have our qb right now. I can't say we have a qb for the future but we don't need to spend a 1st rounder on a qb. We don't need to go any higher than a 4th rounder imo. 

first of all he threw that ball on the run which means he did not get to plant and throw. That ball was all arm so yes he does have a strong arm and can make all the throws . Basing what he did he pro day on one throw is ridiculous.

You can throw further while your body is in motion than flat footed. Why do you think outfielders cro-hop or pitchers have a windup?

You can throw further while your body is in motion than flat footed. Why do you think outfielders cro-hop or pitchers have a windup?

two totally different things. When a baseball player is moving toward his target yes he gets momentum throwing the ball in the same direction but when he's moving from side to side he has to stop, set, and then throw the ball. Manziel was rolling to his right and throwing the ball while moving in a sideways direction. That's a much more difficult throw than running forward and stepping into the throw.

So.... in motion, moving forward, yes, you would get more on the throw. Rolling from side to side much less on the throw (this is what Manziel did on that particular throw). Dropping back and setting then stepping into the throw is the ideal throw for a QB from both a velocity perspective and an accuracy perspective.

Archived