Mark Sanchez To The Eagles

JetNation

NFL: New York Jets at Pittsburgh SteelersFor the past few days it has been rumored that was going to sign with the Philadelphia Eagles. There were reports that he just needed to pass his physical.  Looks like it is official now, per Ian Rapoport:

In Philadelphia he will back up QB Nick Foles and will also compete with another former USC QB, Matt Barkley.  The Jets announced that Mark Sanchez was released on March 21st.

This move comes as no surprise as Sanchez, injured all of 2013, was set to be cut before a $2 million roster bonus was due on March 25. The Jets gain $8.3 million in salary cap relief by releasing Sanchez.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Rams would be a better spot for him.  Given that Schottenheimer is the OC and Bradford always gets hurt.  Seems to me Sanchez has a better shot to play in St. Louis...

I don't think Schotty and Sanchez really have much respect for each other.

I thought the Rams would be a better spot for him.  Given that Schottenheimer is the OC and Bradford always gets hurt.  Seems to me Sanchez has a better shot to play in St. Louis...

Sanchez knows that Schotty sucks balls. Chip kelly's offense provides opportunity and isn't as predictable. The Rams was the worst spot for him to go because of that. 

It would be nice to see him beat the Giants a few times! With Foles at the helm, we won't see much, if any, of Mark unless an injury occurs. So does this mean Matt Barkley is totally available? We should be all over this beast. 

that is mighty funny as well

$100 he lights up the Jets in the pre-season...its the only game we play against him next year.

and the pats* will make tebow a star !!!!!

and revis will get 3 pick 6's on geno in the opener !!!!

$100 he lights up the Jets in the pre-season...its the only game we play against him next year.

I think Philly will just be happy if he's 100% and game ready by then.  Still don't understand how they quantify the recovery, but regardless, rumors are that he's roughly 80% now and considering how tricky shoulders are, I think they'l just be happy with him healthy by then. That and I don't really care what another team's second string does against our second string.

What makes you say that....

Could just be from my perspective that they both suck. I just think Schottenheimer wants to work with a better QB than Sanchez, and that Sanchez wants to work with a better OC than Schotty. I think they were happy to be done with each other when Schottenheimer finally got himself fired. Just never saw a reunion there.

Good luck to this former Jets quarterback in Philly. Most of the time he didn't deserve the criticism he barely had any good offensive coordinators or receivers except for Cotchery,Edwards who were traded away unnecessarily. 

Pretty sure neither were traded. Edwards has done absolutely nothing since leaving, including being out of football for this past year and it took Cotch three years to have a statistically relevant season. The Jets didn't jettison Brandon Marshall and Anquan Boldin in their primes.

Archived