Mark Sanchez To The Eagles

JetNation

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it is tough, because the pro Mark defense is he would be okay with better weapons.  So that is one of those safe bet opinions because this is the Jets so offensive weapons isn't going to happen lol.

But my biggest beef was never with Sanchez, it was with the organization.  They never held him accountable.  Until the very end, then they held him very accountable.  Still think he would have been better served being pushed\having to earn things along the way.  Geno will have to earn his job this year.  That is a good thing.

And, therein lies the problem with the pro Mark defense... He would be "okay" with better weapons.  And, that's it.  The ceiling, as we'd all seen, of Mark Sanchez was "okay."  And, it required a giant leap for him to get even there.  There's no doubt that Sanchez would still make bad decisions, and still overthrow receivers who had more recognizable names on their jerseys.  It's not like the Jets WRs were never open.

The organization definitely mishandled him.  But, based on what we'd all seen, and the advanced metrics show, I'm not sure there was a way to handle Mark Sanchez in which the results are any different.

Apparently there wasn't a single NFL GM out there who thought the Jets mishandling of the QB position was the real problem or else Sanchez would not have gone somewhere where he's not even going to be considered part of a QB competition.

1. sh*tty start to career.

2. ?????

3. Rich Gannon.

If Kelly can prop up Nick Foles, he could straighten out Sanchez if Sanchez wakes up. I can't imagine a worse scenario for any young QB than getting drafted into a program run by Rex Ryan and Brian Schottenheimer.

Well it is tough, because the pro Mark defense is he would be okay with better weapons.  So that is one of those safe bet opinions because this is the Jets so offensive weapons isn't going to happen lol.

But my biggest beef was never with Sanchez, it was with the organization.  They never held him accountable.  Until the very end, then they held him very accountable.  Still think he would have been better served being pushed\having to earn things along the way.  Geno will have to earn his job this year.  That is a good thing.

Eh, his lack of college starts makes it iffy. I think he's in a better position now - 26 or w/e with tons of NFL starting experience but nothing that says he should start for anyone right now.

I do like that Geno isn't locked into the job this year, but so much more confident in him than Sanchez.

still the most mesmerizing sports gif of all time. so happy he's gone

Weighing down 2009 and 2010 was enough of a crime, but the depths 2011 and 2012 took. It's absolutely flooring how bad he was, and it was just compounded by the backups.

I can't imagine a worse scenario for any young QB than getting drafted into a program run by Rex Ryan and Brian Schottenheimer.

I will not argue that at all TS -

One guy who doesn't care if anybody thinks he's real smart and carries on in building his defense. He treats the offense like a storm door that isn't really necessary but everybody else has one and doesn't want to look like a hillbilly so he gets one from K-mart and really looks Appalachian. 

The other thinks he's soooo smart that it turns into an Emperors' New Clothes deal where he and Jeff Fisher are assuming they're really smart but in reality are walking in the parade naked.

And, therein lies the problem with the pro Mark defense... He would be "okay" with better weapons.  And, that's it.  The ceiling, as we'd all seen, of Mark Sanchez was "okay."  And, it required a giant leap for him to get even there.  There's no doubt that Sanchez would still make bad decisions, and still overthrow receivers who had more recognizable names on their jerseys.  It's not like the Jets WRs were never open.

The organization definitely mishandled him.  But, based on what we'd all seen, and the advanced metrics show, I'm not sure there was a way to handle Mark Sanchez in which the results are any different.

Apparently there wasn't a single NFL GM out there who thought the Jets mishandling of the QB position was the real problem or else Sanchez would not have gone somewhere where he's not even going to be considered part of a QB competition.

Yes.  When he was younger this was something that was more credible (first two seasons).  But after that, you were a top pick and you have been around a few seasons...at what point do you make the team better?  Totally agree.

And the Jets were vindicated when even the Raiders went elsewhere for a starting QB.

One of the funniest things about this what isn't there. See how much effort went into this research/writeup AND then consider the date: it was posted or published or whatever on 11/14/2012.

Just 8 days after this research paper/article, on 11/22/2012, we - and really, a whole nation of football watchers - were treated to the buttfumble on Thanksgiving.  

Talk about a cherry being put on top of a sundae or an exclamation point at the end of a sentence.

Archived