Desean's a FA

BroadwayJets

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to have this on my team. This I know happens. The other is all speculation in spite of the fact he's never been in any trouble and does tons of charity work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0BgHrGN5p4

This mother****er gets so open, it's absurd. Does anyone else in football get this kind of separation? You put him together with Decker and Kerley and the Jets have one of the best wide receiving corps in football which is unfathomable considering where we were a year ago.

I want to have this on my team. This I know happens. The other is all speculation in spite of the fact he's never been in any trouble and does tons of charity work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0BgHrGN5p4

This mother****er gets so open, it's absurd. Does anyone else in football get this kind of separation? You put him together with Decker and Kerley and the Jets have one of the best wide receiving corps in football which is unfathomable considering where we were a year ago.

Please send this to Rex,Woody and Idzik.

OK I do not think this is going to take long- some team is going to sign him relatively shortly- 

I would not be so sure of that, at a minimum teams are going to want to do their due diligence on this situation. The Hernandez issue is going to weigh on every teams mind about this.

I would not be so sure of that, at a minimum teams are going to want to do their due diligence on this situation. The Hernandez issue is going to weigh on every teams mind about this.

You might be right- but there are not many secrets-people in the business usually know something about players and their backgrounds

Would love the Jets to sign desean, he's everything the jets need in a WR, my friends are eagle fans and they say the only problem with him is that he's a "me" guy and that he doesn't like to go over the middle, but with his size why would he

No it proves this wasn't a release based on any of his actions which there weren't any the gang excuse was to justify the release. The Eagles are a dysfunctional organization.

Roseman (to assistant): Hoo HOO! I'm in a FIRIN' type of mood today, Rodney! Go on out in that hallway there and bring me a HEAD to ROLL! HOO HOO!

Assistant: Um, there's nobody out here but...

Roseman: But whooooooom, Rodney?

Assistant: Desean, sir. Desean Jackson.

Roseman: Ohhhhhhhh, he'll do just fine. HOO HOO!!

I completely agree. There's no way any of those guys use YouTube. If they did this team would be in much better shape.

Rex doesn't know how to operate it, Woody is too aloof to know it exists and Idzik is too cheap to own a computer. If only Joewilly could get them on the horn, we'd get this thing done asap. 

I completely agree. There's no way any of those guys use YouTube. If they did this team would be in much better shape.

Hell yes haven't you watched Jets football the last 45 years.

Rex doesn't know how to operate it, Woody is too aloof to know it exists and Idzik is too cheap to own a computer. If only Joewilly could get them on the horn, we'd get this thing done asap. 

Damn straight.

DeSean Jackson: Assessing risk vs. reward

March, 28, 2014

MAR 28

3:45

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

As owner Woody Johnson told the world this past Sunday, the New York Jets have interest in wide receiver DeSean Jackson, who was released Friday by the Philadelphia Eagles. How much interest remains unclear, but they figure to be involved.

A look at some of the key factors that the Jets must weigh:

Positional need: The Jets gave Eric Decker a five-year, $36.25 million contract, but they don't have a legitimate No. 1-type receiver -- a game-breaker. Jackson, coming off an 82-catch, 1,332-yard season, has that kind of talent. The upcoming draft is rich with receiver talent, but Jackson is a proven commodity.

DeSean Jackson could be the playmaker the Jets are missing on their roster.

Economics: The Jets have tremendous flexibility. According to ESPN Stats & Information, they're about $30.4 million under the salary cap. Only one other team, the Cleveland Browns, has more cap space. General manager John Idzik, speaking earlier this week at the NFL owners meetings, said he wouldn't be opposed to having two big-money players at wide receiver. He said it would depend on future cap costs, age, etc.

Baggage: This would be a controversial signing. In his years with the Eagles, Jackson was known as a moody player who complained about his contract, missed meetings and chafed coaches with his me-first attitude. Why else would Chip Kelly unload a 27-year-old Pro-Bowl talent? On Friday, Jackson's reputation took another hit, with NJ.com reporting that the Eagles were concerned about his alleged connections to street gangs in Los Angeles. Jackson, in a statement, claimed he has no gang associations.

Philosophy: Clearly, Idzik is building for the long term, avoiding quick-fix solutions -- especially expensive ones. That's one of the reasons they took a pass on Darrelle Revis; they didn't want to get involved in a one-year arrangement. The Jets would come off as hypocrites if they take a short-term flier on Jackson, whose value has declined to the point where he might have to accept a one-year prove-it contract. The obvious question: Why wouldn't they do the same for Revis, a solid citizen with good football character?

The X factor: Former Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is a close friend of Jackson's, so he'd obviously be an asset for the Jets in any type of recruiting battle. But the Vick-Jackson relationship could be a double-edged sword. League insiders suggested that Jackson's loyalty to Vick could backfire in a potentially volatile quarterback competition between Vick and Geno Smith.

The Big X factor: Johnson is smitten with Jackson's playing ability and is not afraid to pull rank, as he did last year when he instructed Idzik to trade Revis. It's not clear whether the gang-related allegations would cause Johnson to change his opinion. The Jets are taking some heat because of Vick's past; they'd be subject to additional criticism if they picked up Jackson. But Johnson made it clear he's in a win-now mode, so he might be willing to take the risk.

Familiarity: The Jets will rely heavily on offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, who coached Jackson in Philadelphia. They trust Mornhinweg, who was instrumental in the Vick acquisition. Mornhinweg knows that Jackson can be a diva, but he's also a coach who recognizes the need for a playmaker.

You might be right- but there are not many secrets-people in the business usually know something about players and their backgrounds

I find it interesting that he was released, rather than traded.

Could be because of his contract, or because of his reputation.

Going to be interestjng, I think we desperately could use a player like him, yet he would be a terrible signing at this point.

Yahoo Sports reports the Chiefs, Jets and Raiders are all pursuing free agent DeSean Jackson.

It confirms earlier reports, as all three teams have been previously linked to Jackson. The 49ers, Patriots, and Seahawks are also believed to have some level of interest. Jackson could be an ideal fit in Kansas City under former coach Andy Reid, but the Chiefs have just $4.66 million in 2014 cap space. Despite an obvious need at receiver, the Panthers have "no interest" in Jackson and have been ruled out as a landing spot.

"Johnson is smitten with Jackson's playing ability and is not afraid to pull rank, as he did last year when he instructed Idzik to trade Revis."

funny how these things become stated as fact.  is woody on record on this ?

"Johnson is smitten with Jackson's playing ability and is not afraid to pull rank, as he did last year when he instructed Idzik to trade Revis."

funny how these things become stated as fact. is woody on record on this ?

I would almost guarantee Woody is on record somewhere with this.

Yahoo Sports reports the Chiefs, Jets and Raiders are all pursuing free agent DeSean Jackson.

It confirms earlier reports, as all three teams have been previously linked to Jackson. The 49ers, Patriots, and Seahawks are also believed to have some level of interest. Jackson could be an ideal fit in Kansas City under former coach Andy Reid, but the Chiefs have just $4.66 million in 2014 cap space. Despite an obvious need at receiver, the Panthers have "no interest" in Jackson and have been ruled out as a landing spot.

Watch what happens if we get Jackson. All of the sudden, Geno is going to become a good QB overnight. Decker/Jackson/Kerley will be tearing it up... add a WR and TE draft pick to that mix. 

from NJ.com:

"Yet the Eagles' apparent interest in jettisoning Jackson likely has little to do with his performance on the field or a big-money contract that could squeeze the team's salary cap. Rather, sources close to Jackson and within the Eagles' organization say, it's Jackson's off-field behavior that concerns the front office. A bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly are the reasons, sources told NJ.com. And when the Eagles looked more deeply into why Jackson was missing meetings, they found that his friends were becoming a more powerful -- and negative -- influence in his life.

Now the Eagles have even more serious concerns -- Jackson's continued association with reputed Los Angeles street gang members who have been connected to two homicides since 2010."

#TeamCaptain 

Watch what happens if we get Jackson. All of the sudden, Geno is going to become a good QB overnight. Decker/Jackson/Kerley will be tearing it up... add a WR and TE draft pick to that mix. 

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Could you imagine?  The Jets would be a badass NFL team.

Morey reads message boards. 

I can't remember the last time the Jets had that much skill at WR. Better than the Holmes/Edward/Cotchery year. You would have to go further back than that.

i had this convo with my buddy today......who would be a better combo??   Desean and Decker or Keyshawn and Chrebet??  similar dynamics also...........1 alleged gangbanger and 1 white guy lol!

Archived