Don't expect Jets to sign DeSean Jackson

Cmartin

I don't know what's more amusing - those who confuse his actions as patience or those who see it for the truth, failed signings.  If he had been a successful negotiator of any ilk, he could have landed those players he coveted namely LaFell, Pettigrew and any of the 9 CB's he was positively linked to.  

I love the excuses being made for him - master plan, holding the money for something better, visionary.  The fact is, he can't seal a deal.  Nothing more.  He's making Bidwell look like a lightweight at the moment.

He tried to sign those players. 

he went out and got the #1 WR on the board

closed it like a door with greased hinges !!!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NY Jets owner Woody Johnson did say publicly they were interested in D-Jackson. I believe Woody Johnsons credibility is on the clock. Tic Tock Tic tock. At least make a call. 

if this measn idzik has the balls to tell woody to shove it when it comes to meddling with players, he is now my hero

San Fran was linked to dozens of players that they didn't sign, do you see their fan-base bitching about it constantly?

That's because they have a roster 100 times more talented than the Jets have. What right would the fans have to complain, they are still going to be a SB contender.

I understand to an extent what Idz is doing, but not getting ONE of the better CB's or Safeties, or DJ now with a boatload of cap is inexcusable IMO. Why not go into the draft being able to truly get BPA?

How would the Latin Kings feel if they signed a Crip?

Could cause issues...

Not that DeSean would get into any trouble in NYC late night.... There's nothing to do.

Yeah, but we've got a stern disciplinarian coach who knows how to keep difficult personalities in check, duh.

That's because they have a roster 100 times more talented than the Jets have. What right would the fans have to complain, they are still going to be a SB contender.

I understand to an extent what Idz is doing, but not getting ONE of the better CB's or Safeties, or DJ now with a boatload of cap is inexcusable IMO. Why not go into the draft being able to truly get BPA?

And they have that talent by building through the draft, not shooting their wad in one off-season.  You didn't see them sign guys like Q until they were really pushing to be a contender.  They spent at least three 1st round picks on Olineman, built a solid defense so that when Smith played well and then Kaep took over, they already had a well-built, relatively inexpensive team around them that gives them a long window of opportunity. Same goes for seattle more or less. 

Geno developing would single-handedly do more for this team than signing Jackson, Johnson and whomever else if he stagnates.  It's all about building a team for the long-term and hoping that Geno pans out, if he doesn't, then you hope one of the developmental guys you select this year and the following turn out to be that guy.

Woody wanted the player. Idzik has not even approached. This just shows how much influence Idzik has in the organization. What may have made JETS back away is the alleged gang ties. There is no other reason.

Or, Idzik thinks he can get similar production from a draft pick at 1/10th the cost.

"Why bother trying to field a competitive team in 2014?" = The Idzik philosophy.

Every team has to sign some talent through free agency, so I don't buy all the Pro Idzik people saying he is doing the right thing. We had so many opportunities to address holes in our roster, as well as bring in playmakers and game changers. We haven't made a single move despite all the cap room. This is bull. Jackson is an elite talent, who has never had legal issues and has been a super productive player in his six years in the league. Idzik thinks cause Seattle won it after he left, that he is going to strike gold twice utilizing that same philosophy. I am tired of this guy already.

Sure, I see a lot of these receivers coming in right away and posting 1,300 yard seasons.

It amazes me that people keep thinking that taking a wideout in rounds 1 or 2 means that we will be guaranteed to hit on a legitimate elite receiver. The draft is hit or miss, and no one can predict the outcome. Jackson is a proven elite talent. That is why he worth the money to be brought into the fold.

This is pretty good from a fan comment on PFT:

jr507 says:Mar 29, 2014 3:11 PM

sports media 2014 possible headlines:

A1 – Jets sign Jackson, known gangbanger, circus continues…

A2 – Jets avoid Jackson, move on. Idzik lost, circus continues…

B1 – Patriots sign Jackson. “Genius” gets his man.

B2 – Pats don’t sign Jackson. BB wisely avoids Hernandez-like rogue.

I wonder why Jets fans can’t stand most sports sites these days. Can’t wait until Brady retires and New England goes back to being garbage like they were for nearly their entire history.

This is pretty good from a fan comment on PFT:

jr507 says:Mar 29, 2014 3:11 PM

sports media 2014 possible headlines:

A1 – Jets sign Jackson, known gangbanger, circus continues…

A2 – Jets avoid Jackson, move on. Idzik lost, circus continues…

B1 – Patriots sign Jackson. “Genius” gets his man.

B2 – Pats don’t sign Jackson. BB wisely avoids Hernandez-like rogue.

I wonder why Jets fans can’t stand most sports sites these days. Can’t wait until Brady retires and New England goes back to being garbage like they were for nearly their entire history.

F the Pats with a baseball bat.

The Jets will allow another team to sign DeSean Jackson and the 45 year and counting will continue another year.

Buffalo News' Tim Graham reports the Bills only are interested in free agent DeSean Jackson at a "predetermined price" and will not get into a bidding war.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport labeled the Bills a "wild card" landing spot for Jackson, but with the list of teams interested in Jackson growing by the minute, it is unlikely the Bills can land Jackson on their terms. The Raiders and Chiefs have emerged as the favorites to land Jackson's services.

The Jets will allow another team to sign DeSean Jackson and the 45 year and counting will continue another year.

Buffalo News' Tim Graham reports the Bills only are interested in free agent DeSean Jackson at a "predetermined price" and will not get into a bidding war.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport labeled the Bills a "wild card" landing spot for Jackson, but with the list of teams interested in Jackson growing by the minute, it is unlikely the Bills can land Jackson on their terms. The Raiders and Chiefs have emerged as the favorites to land Jackson's services.

Yeah buddy!

Where is your proof he's a gang member? Because people said so?

Screw what people say. I know it because I've been a cop in the inner city for years and am now a detective specializing in drugs, gangs and criminal interdiction. There are so many things screaming gang member that only a blind person could miss it.

Flagging

Signing

The use of CC instead of ck in the title of his record label. Info: CK is frowned upon because in blood nation it stands for crip killer, which is why blood members started wearing Calvin Klein logos (CK) when it was too much hassle to flag red. On the flip side crips used the British Knights logo , BK, Blood killer. Beyond that he drops the C sign so often that if he's not full crip he'd better be wearing a Kevlar vest everywhere he goes. The thing is, something like 15% of nfl and nba players grew up in high gang areas and had either membership or affiliations with gang members. That was life and that's forgive able IMO. Repping crips openly and publicly as a grown man is another story. Add in murderous associates and you have an absolutely active gang member. And an a$$hole to boot.

Sad state of affairs when we can basically buy a successful team and our GM and owner doesn't do it.

We've tried that before. It didn't work. Redskins tried and that didn't work. Eagles tried that and it didn't work but it'll definitely work this time!

We've tried that before. It didn't work. Redskins tried and that didn't work. Eagles tried that and it didn't work but it'll definitely work this time!

Disagree we have a lot in place already just need a few pieces and Idzik is letting them slip  on by. Lets see how bad the draft fails us again and we all miserate here another year.

Archived