EVERYTHING CHRIS JOHNSON: MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but Powell played on a team that had a RB avg. 4.6 a carry and ran for a 4.4 avg as a whole. Johnson's team didn't have an RB average more per carry than he did and ran for a 4.0 avg. as a whole.

I'm not really looking to say Powell > or = to Johnson. Just that using Powell's stats, at the time his low TD #, in a comparison is a poor argument.

Everybody has him replacing Goodson, but there is no reason to cut Goodson or Powell.  They can all fight it out for carries until Ivory gets hurt.  They carried Green most of last year and Goodson and Powell are cheap enough to carry. 5 RBs, including the FB is not a ton.

Goodson is coming off a serious knee injury along with legal problems still lurking Powell scored 1 TD last year.

Goodson is coming off a serious knee injury along with legal problems still lurking Powell scored 1 TD last year.

What the **** does that have to do with what I said?

You prefer Alex Green to Powell or Goodson?  They don't have to dump anybody to sign Chris Johnson though it would make it tougher for draft pick to stick. The interest in Donald Brown and Johnson indicates they really want a speed back.

What the **** does that have to do with what I said?

You prefer Alex Green to Powell or Goodson?  They don't have to dump anybody to sign Chris Johnson though it would make it tougher for draft pick to stick. The interest in Donald Brown and Johnson indicates they really want a speed back.

Im stating facts about Powell and Goodson.

Signing Johnson improves the RB position immediately Powell,Goodson,Green all JAGs want the passing game to work get a legit running game.

Johnson isn't signing anywhere as an every down back. I don't want him as an every down back unless he wins a training camp competition. The bold is all that matters to me. I'll take those huge stat padding games.

Anyway, Ivory is the best reserve back he's ever played with, I think that could be beneficial to both of them.

I agree. 

However, the reports here is he still wants to be the guy that gets all the carries. 

How true the rumors are remain to be seen, but it was reported he did not handle losing carries to Shon Greene well.

Everybody has him replacing Goodson, but there is no reason to cut Goodson or Powell.  They can all fight it out for carries until Ivory gets hurt.  They carried Green most of last year and Goodson and Powell are cheap enough to carry. 5 RBs, including the FB is not a ton.

Some must be confident in Goodson recovering from both his ACL and MCL tears. Hopefully Jets are going in with the mindset him not recovering 100% and if he does then that's just a plus. Going by his contract restructure it seems like that's the case as he's basically a camp invite.

But as of now there's no reason to cut anyone until preseason/camp if necessary.

Running back Chris Johnson was released by the Tennessee Titans on Friday, the team announced.

More from ESPN.com

kuharsky_paul_m.jpgChris Johnson's refusal to accept responsibility for his drop in production since his 2,000-yard season forced the Titans' hand, writes Paul Kuharsky. Story

"As an organization, we want to thank Chris for his contributions to the Titans," general manager Ruston Webster said in a release. "Chris produced many memorable moments, broke franchise records and was durable over his six-year career with our team. We have had an open dialogue with Chris' agent, Joel Segal, over the last few weeks, and we appreciate the patience and professionalism they have shown throughout this process.

"We made an effort to trade Chris but were unable to do so. We wish Chris the best and thank him for the six seasons he spent with us."

The lightning-fast Johnson was one of the league's most dynamic and explosive playmakers early in his career. He ran for 2,006 yards in 2009 and is one of only six players to run for at least 1,000 yards in his first six seasons, along with Barry Sanders, Curtis Martin, LaDainian Tomlinson, Eric Dickerson and Corey Dillon.

interesting how GM's really aren't trading for players they know will be cut to avoid a "bidding war"

tanny would have given the titans a 4th and next years 6th

lol at the bills trading a 6th for Williams

idiots

One of the NFL's top running backs is now on the free-agent market. The Titans released three-time Pro Bowler Chris Johnson Friday, effectively ending his career in Tennessee. He was due to earn $8 million in base salary this season, but the Titans saved $6 million in salary cap room by releasing him.

Johnson, 28, is arguably the league's fastest back. He's rushed for more than 1,000 yards in each of his six seasons, including 2,006 yards in 2009. His speed and shiftiness would be a nice complement to the Jets' No. 1 back, Chris Ivory, known for his punishing style.

The Titans had hoped to trade Johnson but instead were forced to release him and get nothing in return. According to an ESPN report, the Jets, Dolphins, Bills and Falcons all discussed the possibility of trading for Johnson. The Giants, Rams and Cowboys also have needs at running back.

If the Giants are concerned about the availability of David Wilson (neck) they could view Johnson as a nice addition alongside recently signed Rashad Jennings. Meanwhile, there are questions in Dallas about the durability of DeMarco Murray, so owner Jerry Jones might go after him.

The Jets certainly are interested. But how much money is general manager John Idzik willing to spend? The Jets have plenty of money ($26.9 million under the cap) and 12 draft picks. But the organization chose not to go after Darrelle Revis and DeSean Jackson -- two premier players at their position -- and lost out to the Giants on cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

If the Jets do acquire Johnson, he'd be expected to work in tandem with another running back -- something he's hasn't been too keen on.

"I have never been a big fan of the two-back system, so I don't know how we plan on using him," Johnson told a local newspaper shortly after the Titans signed former Jet Shonn Greene to a three-year, $10-million deal last offseason. "You don't give a guy that kind of money to be just a goal-line guy and in tough-yardage situations. So we'll see what happens."

In 2013, Johnson rushed for 1,077 yards and six touchdowns on 279 carries and caught 42 passes for 345 yards and four touchdowns.

Archived