EVERYTHING CHRIS JOHNSON: MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

When we signed Decker, he was the best available WR, not Desean, who wasn't a FA at the time. DeSean's middle name is "Trouble" and if u spell is name backwards, it spells "Santonio Holmes, V.2.0"

No, backwards it spells elbuort and if you think the Eagles offense will be as good without him you are yzarc.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Physical not standard procedure unless the framework of a contract are in place. You don't just go take physicals everytime you visit a facility...there is usually a contractual framework already set up, pass the physical and then you get signed...usually.

LL

That bank I applied to owes me an apology.

clue in CJ's latest tweet?

"Hey to everyone who is wondering where I'm going n y it's taking so long. I'm taking my time n weighing all my options before I make my decision."

"and why" or "new york"?

DRC took a full physical? I don't think so...usually full physicals are in anticipation of a contractual signing. Like I said, athletes don't submit to the full physical until the framework of a contract has been agreed upon. A full physical is due diligence by the team...

Again, unless agency protocol has changed, an agent would not allow his client to take a full physical w/o a contractual framework in place....unless the client was desparate and this represented his best shot at a contract.

LL

clue in CJ's latest tweet?

"Hey to everyone who is wondering where I'm going n y it's taking so long. I'm taking my time n weighing all my options before I make my decision."

"and why" or "new york"?

I wouldnt look into that because you can only use 140 characters on twitter so a lot of things are shortened. 

CJ is exactly what Jets need. A catcher out of the backfield that can take it to the house. receiving handoffs is usually what gets CJ those negative plays. We got a guy for that already.

Bingo - like flanker out of the wishbone. He's very dangerous in space.

No, backwards it spells elbuort and if you think the Eagles offense will be as good without him you are yzarc.

No one questioned his talent. His off the field issues are what scared most of the teams away. Bad influence on the entire team. If he was a good soldier, he would never have seen FA.

I think Idzik needs to pull the trigger on this one and NOT be so concerned about pinching pennies. This guy is a playmaker which is something the offense has been missing for a looooong time. Not a game breaker anymore but he adds speed and elusiveness to a backfield crowded with bruisers. Can make the screen game go and is a threat on the edge. That gives Rex the thumbs up to draft the CB the team so desperately needs in round one.

No one questioned his talent. His off the field issues are what scared most of the teams away. Bad influence on the entire team. If he was a good soldier, he would never have seen FA.

actually from what I hear his off field issues werent bothering teams,,it was the news coming from eagles players that IN locker room he was negative, talked back to chip kelly and his shiit atttiude in facilities were bad influence on rest of team who were 'susceptible'

actually from what I hear his off field issues werent bothering teams,,it was the news coming from eagles players that IN locker room he was negative, talked back to chip kelly and his shiit atttiude in facilities were bad influence on rest of team who were 'susceptible'

But McCoy said they seemed like best buddies!

Can you define "off the field issues"?

maybe he was,,,i think more of a 'your embarrassing me' thing from Kelly

Top-notch WR coming off his best season, so his performance as a WR wasn't an issue.  The Eagles didn't need to be told his value on the field; they know better than anyone.  

Locked up for less than he got on the open market.

Player wants more $ but isn't holding out or anything.

Just came off his best season.

Still very young (just turned 27 on Dec 1st).

No one offering up anything significant for him.

Offense clearly worked on the field with him.

New, young QB has high comfort level + success throwing to him.

No issues with the HC or in the locker room according to McCoy.

Not due any sizable roster bonus.

Team is coming off a first-place finish, in no small part due to the success of their passing game.

and...

The team cuts him outright before the draft (before they land a replacement in the draft, and before any potential trade partners miss out on drafting a WR they really wanted).  Freaking nobody just does something like that.

They (Chip Kelly) badly wanted to be done with him for personal reasons that were so intense they felt it outweighed the obvious on-field production they were getting.  That's pretty telling.  

I would gladly take CJ for $3M or less per year guaranteed. That said, the Jets intense interest in him rather than players at other positions perplexes me.

i think in part, it's bc he would really fit Mornhinweg's system perfectly. With something to prove and if at fully health, he'd be the Jets version of McCoy...Brian Westbrook. 

i think in part, it's bc he would really fit Mornhinweg's system perfectly. With something to prove and if at fully health, he'd be the Jets version of McCoy...Brian Westbrook. 

You think so? I didn't think he was great in the passing game. Maybe above average.

You think so? I didn't think he was great in the passing game. Maybe above average.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/50570/on-chris-johnson-as-a-pass-catcher

He catches 40+ balls a season (below 40 once - 36) and 230-500 yards.  Seems to be a decent reciever out of the backfield.  More than MM, it seems that Idzik has a near Al Davis obsession with speed. 

I didnt bring up off field,, i said in house,,ask person who brought up off field, LOL, I didnt

I know. But said teams didn't have an issue with his off the field issues, just his locker room issues, which is still an off the field issue.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/50570/on-chris-johnson-as-a-pass-catcher

He catches 40+ balls a season (below 40 once - 36) and 230-500 yards.  Seems to be a decent reciever out of the backfield.  More than MM, it seems that Idzik has a near Al Davis obsession with speed. 

Forte, Sproles, Pierre Thomas and Woodhead all had about twice as many receptions as that last season. Not saying he's not an upgrade over a guy like Ivory who couldn't catch a cold, just not sure it's as eye popping a move as people seem to think.

Forte, Sproles, Pierre Thomas and Woodhead all had about twice as many receptions as that last season. Not saying he's not an upgrade over a guy like Ivory who couldn't catch a cold, just not sure it's as eye popping a move as people seem to think.

CJ was 5th rated RB in NFL last year for YAC.. damn good

You can't catch more balls than are thrown to you. There's a philosophical difference in how Munchak wants his offense run vs how Sean Payton, Trestman and McCoy do with their respective teams.  Of course Sproles, Forte and Woodhead will have more receptions when they have 30-40+ more targets.  You have to look at what the players do with the ball once they get it and Johnson is pretty dangerous in space.

Archived