EVERYTHING CHRIS JOHNSON: MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

It's a short deal. I made the argument first on yearly average salary. You guys didn't accept that. We looked at average guaranteed per year. Not what you guys were hoping to see either. Now we are back at some sort of average yearly value discussion. It does not matter. It's a short deal. Few if any escalators. Probably not much guaranteed on year two. It come back to what is a guy with his talent supposed to make yearly on a short deal. Therefore I would venture to strongly guess the comparable yearly salaries were the leading guide.

In short, you put together a failed argument to prove paying Chris Johnson $4-5M this year is a bad idea. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In short, you put together a failed argument to prove paying Chris Johnson $4-5M this year is a bad idea.

No idiot. I said $4 it's fair. You said just pay him 5. I explained to you many different ways why that's not right and how it would be setting the wrong precedent as a front office. :face:

Don't lol so quickly. It looks like LAD saw that he signed 4.25.

Stick to mafia!

Yeah 4-5M sounds great. Like I said. You were the one that gave me a garbage list of players making under $4M in 2014 as some kind of sign he was being over paid. The only two players that looked like possible better options were Spiller, still on a rookie contract and Charles...which I debunked. 

So, I win. 

Yeah 4-5M sounds great. Like I said. You were the one that gave me a garbage list of players making under $4M in 2014 as some kind of sign he was being over paid.

So, I win.

Ehhhh, wrong:

how do I eat crow? All is said was quiviling over $1M was a joke when u have 23M to spend. Whether it's 2 for 7.6 or 10 who cares.

You said pay the man that extra million a year. Yeah, so, that difference apparently matters to all parties involved. Sounds like CJ wasn't worth that extra million to the NY Jets. Sounds like it anyways. What do I know.

Ehhhh, wrong:

You said pay the man that extra million a year. Yeah, so, that difference apparently matters to all parties involved. Sounds like CJ wasn't worth that extra million to the NY Jets. Sounds like it anyways. What do I know.

You're clearly a man who's lost an argument and grasping at straws. I'm sensitive to that. I don't need an apology. 

Oh God. I won't even begin to get into the difference with you between a three year deal and a two year.

You wouldn't know how because you don't even know what your arguing about anymore. You've changed the context multiple times already. 

Here, grab my hand. It's not worth it. 

Profootballtalk reports Chris Johnson's two-year contract with the Jets has a base value of $8 million.

Another $1 million is available through incentives. It falls right in line with what we would have expected. The top of the 2014 market before Johnson signed was Donald Brown's $3.5 million annually from the Chargers. Johnson was by far the best back to hit free agency this offseason, and he gets $4 million per year. This is by no means a sign Johnson will carry the load for the Jets.

Whats the point then? You want an argument I will give you one you seem like a fair weather fan who would have something to bitch about even if the Jets won the Super Bowl.

I'm not complaining about the signing either.

We're miles apart on level of comprehension, so I won't even begin.  Once in a while, I'll just mock you for being a reactionary lady-boy.

Who are the best guards in the draft and how do we get them

Last year I scream for us to draft Warford in the second but we opt to go with Geno. He ended up going to the Lions in the 3rd round, which was a few spots ahead of us and we had to settle for the next best thing in Winter in a pick I just hates. Although he went in the 3rd and happens to play guard, he was a top 10 rookie throughout the year.

This year Gabe Jackson is similar to Warford. Yankey, Richardson and Thomas (ACL) are the others behind Xavier Su'a-Filo in the G rankings. Can't go wrong with Yankey or Jackson although I prefer the latter. Unless we can grab a OLB or TE prospect with it in the second, I would have no problem picking up Jackson.

The Jets landed running back Chris Johnson on Wednesday, ending a brief free agent stint that didn’t feature overwhelming interest around the league in Johnson’s services.

Johnson spoke to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean after signing his contract and he had some of those teams on his mind when discussing his plans for the upcoming season. Johnson said he’s going to draw motivation from those who think he doesn’t have the same spark he had when he was running for more than 2,000 yards for the Titans.

“I have a fresh start. Now I am going to go out there with a chip on my shoulder,” Johnson said. “I know a lot of people are doubting me. I want to prove everybody wrong who has doubts in me. I am very excited about [joining the Jets]. It’s a team on the rise and I want to make them better. … I still have it.”

Johnson joins Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell and Mike Goodson in the Jets backfield at the moment, although there’s a good chance they’ll part ways with Goodson now that Johnson is in the fold. How things will shake out in terms of playing time remains to be seen, but he new Jet said he’s already spoken to offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg about the different ways he’ll be used in 2014.

“I think I’m going to fit in pretty well,” Johnson said, via the team’s website. “Just talking to him and to Rex, who’s a guy that likes to run the ball, I think I’m going to fit in very well. We talked about all those things, catching out of the backfield, getting the ball to me in space.”

Johnson had 42 catches last season, one fewer than Jets team leader Jeremy Kerley, and his four receiving touchdowns were as many as Jets leader Jeff Cumberland, which underscores the need for more offensive talent on the roster. The Jets have added that in Johnson and wide receiver Eric Decker. With more likely to come in the draft, the Jets will look a lot different offensively than they did last season and that’s a step in the right direction.

cimini_rich_55_normal.jpg
Chris Johnson tells @jwyattsports: "I have a fresh start. Now I am going to go out there with a chip on my shoulder." #nyj
32m
Beat Writer / Columnist

cimini_rich_55_normal.jpg
More Chris Johnson: "I know a lot of people are doubting me. I want to prove everybody wrong who has doubts in me." (via @jwyattsports).
31m
Beat Writer / Columnist

walterfootball.com/freeagents2014recap.php

Jets sign RB Chris Johnson (2 years, $8 million): D Grade

I hope Rex Ryan enjoyed his time coaching the Jets because his fate has been sealed. He will be fired at the end of this season in the wake of the Chris Johnson signing. On the bright side, the Jets are likely to have a top-two selection next spring, as seen here in my 2015 NFL Mock Draft.

This is a terrible signing on so many levels. First of all, Johnson is not a good player. He frequently dances around behind the line of scrimmage and has too many negative runs. He doesn't have his elite speed anymore - he turns 29 in September - so there is no more upside with all of his downside. Johnson is also terrible on third downs because he's atrocious in pass protection. Second, Johnson is an awful person to have in the locker room because he throws his teammates and coaching staff under the bus whenever he struggles. Instead of taking the blame himselves (Emmitt Mock is coming soon!) - most of which he deserves - he spreads it around, creating a horrible vibe.

Third, Johnson, like the quarterback the Jets just signed, is a coach killer. Not only is he bad to have around teammates, as mentioned, but he happens to be an extremely overrated commodity. He's still a big name, so the media will hype up the Jets entering this season. Offseason hype plus regular-season disappointment is a recipe for coaches being fired, so Ryan will be the latest victim of CJ2YPC and the new quarterback.

Archived