EVERYTHING CHRIS JOHNSON: MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. that looked way too easy

2. of course it was against us

Number 52 and 57 were never touch on that play yet were no where close on that tackle. As for the Titans, good luck with Greene as he would have tried to idiotically run over the FS for a 12 yard gain.

But would he take it? He has an ego the size of Holmes cock and probably still thinks he's worth top dollar.

The size of a whale... the size of the moon... the size of the titanic... pretty much anything could have worked there, but you went with a big ol' dong... yet it's everyone else's fault because Freud.

Somehow Goodson is some star RB without ever proving it.  Great, he showed promise in a game, but the guy played 2 games and missed the rest of the season.  He's pretty much been a backup to backups his entire career and he now has serious legal issues.  The guy might not get charged with anything, but could get suspended again by the NFL.     

Sorry, but assuming Goodson will do anything is a big assumption. The guy has never even rushed for 500 yards in his career and had 1 decent year receiving.

No one said he is a "star" but to say he is a backup to the backups sounds great for your argument but doesn't take reality into account:

He wasn't going to start over Williams or Stewart in Carolina. In hindsight that doesn't look like much to overcome, but at the time it was certainly alot.

He wasn't going to start over McFadden in Oakland. Beyond being Darren McFadden, the guy averaged 5.3 a carry the two previous seasons.

If Goodson had gotten an opportunity in either of those places, he'd be one of the really good backs in the league. Whenever he has gotten an opportunity, he has produced.

I guess this is me just nitpicking (and also responding to idiotic posts that have called him "garbage" etc.) since I also believe he can't be relied upon for anything this season.

No one here has any idea where Goodson is in his rehab, remember he tore his ACL in the middle of the season; I'd doubt he is ready for the start of the year. Plus, he still hasn't had his arrest processed through the courts or the league yet. I imagine that he is going to face at least a 4 game suspension whenever all that stuff clears up. Goodson is easily cuttable. None of this has even taken into account that Chris Johnson is a much better football player than Mike Goodson....

No one here has any idea where Goodson is in his rehab, remember he tore his ACL in the middle of the season; I'd doubt he is ready for the start of the year. Plus, he still hasn't had his arrest processed through the courts or the league yet. I imagine that he is going to face at least a 4 game suspension whenever all that stuff clears up. Goodson is easily cuttable. None of this has even taken into account that Chris Johnson is a much better football player than Mike Goodson....

Many of us know this and many don't.

Somehow Goodson is some star RB without ever proving it.  Great, he showed promise in a game, but the guy played 2 games and missed the rest of the season.  He's pretty much been a backup to backups his entire career and he now has serious legal issues.  The guy might not get charged with anything, but could get suspended again by the NFL.     

Sorry, but assuming Goodson will do anything is a big assumption. The guy has never even rushed for 500 yards in his career and had 1 decent year receiving.

I could not agree more. Sure he looked like he had potential in the limited time we got to see him last season, but a bigger ? there never was. I wouldnt hithch my cart to the Goodson train for nuttin.

Manish is a troll. Chris Johnson's release paperwork hasn't officially been filed yet. He isn't a free agent.

Titans released RB Chris Johnson.

The move has been in the works for weeks, if not months. The Titans save $6 million versus the cap and eat a $4 million dead money hit. Johnson isn't the same player as the one that rushed for 2,006 yards in 2009 and earned the moniker CJ2K, but he still has excellent speed and hasn't missed a game since his rookie season. There's no chance he'll find the $8 million salary he was scheduled to earn on the open market, but Johnson is easily the best back to hit free agency this offseason. He won't be a true No. 1 like he was in Tennessee, either. Johnson is merely a complementary piece to a backfield. Look for the Jets and Cowboys to show interest. The Patriots and Rams could also be in the mix.

All this talk about oh is CJ the same as old and etc, he lost a step blah blah. These things are obvious, but he still ran for 1,000 yards last year on an OK o-line and bad quarterback play. Also I believe I read a stat that the Jets RB cap expenses is in the bottom 3 in the NFL. We have the money to spend in the RB department, and we should, CJ is 28 years old i believe. 3 year contract would be nice.

It seems he's one of those players that will benefit from a change of scenery. I definitely want him signed.

The problem now a days with RBs is they are considered old at 27-28 because their fantasy football numbers start to slip so we correlate that with too old to play RB now.

He fills a huge need for us on the offense. Speed out of the back field when we already have the power back in ivory.

Stop over analyzing everything.

Really?  Were you aware that the Jets had the #4 rushing offense last year?  Keep in mind this was accomplished with a rookie QB that didn't command a lot of safety respect due to our lack of weapons.  They also struggled through rookie growing pains at LG yet managed such a lofty position.

Throwing out Nelson, Gates, Kerley (when healthy) and a hobbling Winslow didn't strike fear into anyone.  Imagine the ground attack when opposing defenses have to account for an upgrade at TE and better WR's.  And throw in an improved QB to boot whether it be Geno in his 2nd year or Vick.

Marty runs a run-heavy west coast offense.  There will be touches that most teams probably couldn't guarantee.  No one is going to offer Chris the lead back position.  I think you're off the mark and the reasons for Jets and Johnson's mutual interest is validated in my mind.

Our interior run blocking was horrid. Winters is atrocious.

According the the NFL, Chris Johnson can't be contacted until Monday 4 pm. So not sure what he expected.

Yea, but that would require Mehta knowing details about the inner-workings of the league he covers. I think that's asking a bit much from him. It's bad enough he has to report on a team he doesn't like.

Archived