Jets sign Jacoby Ford

Matt39

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has 13 catches in the last 2 years. Idzik bargain hunting!

Idzik is making himself look like the one of those people on the storage locker auction tv shows where they essentially buy items worthy of a garage sale and try to turn a profit. Hilarious, would even be moreso if it works, but I don't think anyone is too excited.

Useful player for WR and ST depth, one of the more likeable names left in FA given the austerity of Idzik.

A former Clemson Whatever, that school seems to come up with the Jets alot over the past two offseasons. He was their #2 offensive WeapOn after the ridiculous Spiller.

He has 13 catches in the last 2 years. Idzik bargain hunting!

Nothing like including a year missed entirely due to injury as part of the evaluation of "in the last 2 years".  He had 13 catches last year, that number is meaningless enough on its own to not try to pull such nonsense.  Of course, 11 catches on the year didn't keep the same folks from whining about the Jets not signing Kenny Britt, now did it?

and scored 4 TD's. 

http://youtu.be/tz6VWCBLHeo

In his career. Not last year and 1 since 2010. 

Nothing like including a year missed entirely due to injury as part of the evaluation of "in the last 2 years".  He had 13 catches last year, that number is meaningless enough on its own to not try to pull such nonsense.  Of course, 11 catches on the year didn't keep the same folks from whining about the Jets not signing Kenny Britt, now did it?

At least Britt has a TINY BIT of upside....

If Jacoby Ford is your X WR, you're the worst offense in the NFL. (Same goes for hill though too)

They both are potentially capable of doing exactly what you need an X to do. I imagine Hill will compete for Z as well.

Decker for Holmes, Vick for Sanchez, Giacomini for Howard, Colon for Colon, Pace for Pace, Ford for Cribbs.

That leaves Cromartie and Winslow to replace. Anybody else?  We are in pretty fair shape compared to last season.

They have several interesting names in at corner as well - Ras-I Dowling, Johnny Patrick, Reeves, and Lowell Rose a CB/S who played at UCLA and transferred to Tulsa when he did not mesh well with Neuhisal.  These guys are all long shots, but I would not be surprised at all if one or two provided value during the season.  

In his career. Not last year and 1 since 2010. 

At least Britt has a TINY BIT of upside....

Where do you play Britt? You can't put him and Decker and Nelson on the field at the same time. They all are basically the same type of WR.

Woo hoo!!!!! A back up return guy and a number five receiver that may not even make the team!! Idzik is ******* brilliant! Thank God there's an adult in the room now!!

The inverse is just as silly, isn't it?

I'm not sure anyone is proclaiming that he'll be the team's savior, but getting a player for a low salary (assuming of course) with high upside to compete for a job is pretty much ideal. It's the definition of low-risk, high reward. The upside that a player with Jacoby's talent offers is greater than the risk tha tyou take in signing him. Just like the Reeves signing: no one thinks he'll be a star, but finding a UDFA to replace Trufant is actually a solid move, considering specials it a vital part of your team. 

Woo hoo!!!!! A back up return guy and a number five receiver that may not even make the team!! Idzik is ******* brilliant! Thank God there's an adult in the room now!!

The inverse is just as silly, isn't it?

You're right but no one is actually saying the inverse. Unless I missed it?

Where do you play Britt? You can't put him and Decker and Nelson on the field at the same time. They all are basically the same type of WR.

Britt is LIGHT YEARS better than David Nelson if he has his head on straight and isn't hurt... Both of which are unlikely though. 

Decker for Holmes, Vick for Sanchez, Giacomini for Howard, Colon for Colon, Pace for Pace, Ford for Cribbs.

That leaves Cromartie and Winslow to replace. Anybody else?  We are in pretty fair shape compared to last season.

They have several interesting names in at corner as well - Ras-I Dowling, Johnny Patrick, Reeves, and Lowell Rose a CB/S who played at UCLA and transferred to Tulsa when he did not mesh well with Neuhisal.  These guys are all long shots, but I would not be surprised at all if one or two provided value during the season.  

Dowling probably has the most talent out of all of them, dude just seems to be addicted to the stationary bike.  It'd be nice if he or Patrick could put a healthy season together, I just won't hold my breath. Personally, I think Walls has the biggest shot at starting out of all the guys on our roster and I wouldn't be terrified if that happened. He played 250ish snaps, the team obviously trusts him enough it seems.  

Archived