Jets sign Jacoby Ford

Matt39

Britt is LIGHT YEARS better than David Nelson if he has his head on straight and isn't hurt... Both of which are unlikely though. 

Try to read the write up I did on NFL WR postions. It isn't 1990 anymore, teams dont look at two WR positions only.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're really typing with a straight face that Stephen Hill and Jacoby Ford are top 2/3 WR's in the NFL? Can you ship me over some of what you're smoking?

Teams are in the 3+ WR set more than any other set in todays game.

I'm not sure anyone is proclaiming that he'll be the team's savior, but getting a player for a low salary (assuming of course) with high upside to compete for a job is pretty much ideal. It'syou  the definition of low-risk, high reward. The upside that a player with Jacoby's talent offers is greater than the risk tha tyou take in signing him. Just like the Reeves signing: no one thinks he'll be a star, but finding a UDFA to replace Trufant is actually a solid move, considering specials it a vital part of your team. 

I'm not disagreeing with you or the signing. I don't have an agenda. I just think that blowing up other people's points of view to caricature like proportions seems to be the order of the day here lately.

Guys, Jacoby Ford has skills but maybe he just has not received the full opportunity. Let's see what he does with this opportunity, if he sucks he will get cut. Simple as that, maybe you catch lightning in a bottle, maybe you don't...we will see.

LL

Decker for Holmes, Vick for Sanchez, Giacomini for Howard, Colon for Colon, Pace for Pace, Ford for Cribbs.

That leaves Cromartie and Winslow to replace. Anybody else?  We are in pretty fair shape compared to last season.

They have several interesting names in at corner as well - Ras-I Dowling, Johnny Patrick, Reeves, and Lowell Rose a CB/S who played at UCLA and transferred to Tulsa when he did not mesh well with Neuhisal.  These guys are all long shots, but I would not be surprised at all if one or two provided value during the season.  

I've been looking for a concise look on the offseason without whining. Sounds like things are going fine. Don't disagree on being able to find value out of one or two of these seemingly random CB/DB pickups.

Dowling probably has the most talent out of all of them, dude just seems to be addicted to the stationary bike.  It'd be nice if he or Patrick could put a healthy season together, I just won't hold my breath. Personally, I think Walls has the biggest shot at starting out of all the guys on our roster and I wouldn't be terrified if that happened. He played 250ish snaps, the team obviously trusts him enough it seems.  

They have Nick Taylor listed at DB too, and I KFFL has him at CB.  That's the FIU basketball player that ran n the 4.2s and had a cup of coffee with the VIkings 

Guys, Jacoby Ford has skills but maybe he just has not received the full opportunity. Let's see what he does with this opportunity, if he sucks he will get cut. Simple as that, maybe you catch lightning in a bottle, maybe you don't...we will see.

LL

LMAO. Can you name the litany of hall of fame WR's who kept him off the field in Oakland? I'll wait. 

Jets agreed to terms with WR/KR Jacoby Ford, formerly of the Raiders.

Former Raiders owner Al Davis made Ford the No. 108 overall pick of the 2010 draft after he ran a 4.28 40-yard dash, but Ford has proven to be amongst the most injury-prone players in the league. A would-be slot receiver, the 5-foot-9, 190-pound wideout has just 57 career catches, and missed 28 games over the past three seasons. Ford has as many lifetime lost fumbles (three) as receiving scores, and was barely utilized on returns in 2013. Still only 27 (in July), Ford is worth a flier, but is far from a guarantee to crack the 53-man roster.

Ford has proven to be amongst the most injury-prone players in the league. Move over Stephen Hill or the Jets better buy more exercise bikes for training camp.

Ford has proven to be amongst the most injury-prone players

They're taking a shot. I wanted Desean Jackson almost as much as you. This is the way they're doing business right now. The way I see it, they're going to have to spend money within the next couple of years. I root to see progress in Geno, the defense should be better, the offense as well. By next year, we'll see where we are and maybe they find some pieces and really contend.

Football is still fun even when you don't expect to win the Super Bowl , no?

Britt is LIGHT YEARS better than David Nelson if he has his head on straight and isn't hurt... Both of which are unlikely though. 

Light years?  His best year was 42 for 775 with 9 TDs,   Nelson's was 61 for 658 and 5.  That isn't light years and I think Nelson's big year was better than any of Britt's others, though that is debatable.  People tend to overrate Britt as a #1 because he was starting to beast in 2011 going for 16 and 270 with 3 TDs over the first 2.  Then he blew his knee up.  He has not exactly come back strong. 

I've been looking for a concise look on the offseason without whining. Sounds like things are going fine. Don't disagree on being able to find value out of one or two of these seemingly random CB/DB pickups.

I left off Folk for Folk, but you get the picture.

LMAO. Can you name the litany of hall of fame WR's who kept him off the field in Oakland? I'll wait. 

Lis franc?

They're taking a shot. I wanted Desean Jackson almost as much as you. This is the way they're doing business right now. The way I see it, they're going to have to spend money within the next couple of years. I root to see progress in Geno, the defense should be better, the offense as well. By next year, we'll see where we are and maybe they find some pieces and really contend.

Football is still fun even when you don't expect to win the Super Bowl , no?

You cant surround Geno with scrubs at WR and expect him to get better.

I cant believe the guys who are cheering this move WOW..........Do you guys own a PSL and season tickets?

Nobody is cheering this move as anything beyond a possible contributor as a KR and depth player.

The problem is the few people who can't stop their vaginas from bleeding all over the entire board, even when it comes to something as simple as camp competition.  It is completely intolerable.

A roster is 53 people =sometimes I think people lose sight of this. You need all to contribute to be successful not a list of so called name players with big contracts

Signing worthless players is usually meh but in the context of the rest of this incompetent off season it just makes everything worse. 

The problem is the few people who can't stop their vaginas from bleeding all over the entire board, even when it comes to something as simple as camp competition. It is completely intolerable.

MF'n THIS!

Decker for Holmes, Vick for Sanchez, Giacomini for Howard, Colon for Colon, Pace for Pace, Ford for Cribbs.

That leaves Cromartie and Winslow to replace. Anybody else?  We are in pretty fair shape compared to last season.

They have several interesting names in at corner as well - Ras-I Dowling, Johnny Patrick, Reeves, and Lowell Rose a CB/S who played at UCLA and transferred to Tulsa when he did not mesh well with Neuhisal.  These guys are all long shots, but I would not be surprised at all if one or two provided value during the season.  

Not really. We have a ton of picks to put some more talent in to the team, plus our 2013 draft picks would be much improved now. Oh, n we also have $30mi in cap left so we can go bizzerk in the "mini FA".

Archived