First post!

CeeJay

Hey all, the title says it all. I've been lurking around for awhile and hanging out in the chatroom here and there. I'm not here to bash Idzik because the offseason isn't over yet, we still have a draft that includes 12 picks. I'd like to give my thoughts on this offseason so far..

The signing of Jacoby Ford and Dimitri Patterson honestly has me baffled, I understand we're all about "competition" which I'm all for.The  details of Ford's contract haven't been released yet so I'll hold judgement.

Breaking down our FA's & Idzik's approach so far..

Jacoby Ford -- Hopefully It's for vet league minimum, anything more than that isn't a good deal in my opinion. He's nothing more than a 4-5 WR, we have plenty of those already. If he's our KR/PR I'd be ok with that, he does have something like a 25% fumble rate from what I've read during ST duties which is worrisome, hardly ever healthy I don't see where he factors in with our offense. League minimum or no thanks.

Dimitri Patterson -- Don't like it at all, there's no way to spin it, for $3 million there's no way to say this is a "good" or even "ok" signing. I've read alot of people saying we could've had Cro back for 500k more which I agree and would've taken that route instead. Yes, Cro's hip has to be considered an issue, I'd rather put him out there every sunday than Patterson based on knowledge and previous success in Rex's system. I've also saw some mention that Patterson may be kicked inside and Wilson put outside, If that truly is the case in my opinion signing a slot player/#2 CB like Walter Thurmond III whose making the exact same amount with the NYG, from what I've read about Thurmond he's a really good press corner whose really good with his technique. If it wasn't for the NYG signing DRC he would've opened the season across from Prince.

Eric Decker -- In my eyes a good signing that could be a great signing if we can get a top notch WR in the draft. For the most part, We've been bashed for "overpaying" for him when in reality the same people bashing us were the ones saying he'd get 9+ mill per. He'll help Geno alot, adding a Beckham Jr, Cooks, Lee, Evans would do wonders for Decker and Geno.

Mike Vick -- Not a fan at 5 mill per, I know he is very comfortable with MM system so I'm not sure if he's actually going to start or what. I'd rather give Geno a chance to learn and get more experience under his belt. Vick as a mentor, "pick my brain" type player is cool but $5 mill is a bit much. Thought we were bidding against ourselves with this one.

Breno Giocomini -- Cheaper Austin Howard, good signing.

Some other thoughts, I would've loved to add DeSean Jackson. Yes it would've been a huge risk but a risk worth taking, I think he'll straighten his act up in D.C. due to the negativity thrown his way lately. Him across from Decker would've made this offense legit in my eyes, We could've also scratched WR off our "need list" come draft time until later rounds and target a CB, S, OLB in the 1st and 2nd round. We also would've had a WR corps for the future also that included Decker and DJAX.

All in all, I'm on the fence so far. I'm not going to panic and say Idzik is cluless like some others on here because the season doesn't start tomorrow, we still are in the FA period, we have a draft, and camp cuts/ cap casualties before the season starts.

Hope to stay around for awhile, great site! always good reading around here.

Hope to stay around for awhile, great site! always good reading around here.

Thank you!  Good post.

Getting a big time WR in the draft is going to be so important.  Decker was a good signing but he will need talent around him.  I wanted DeSean Jackson here, but the character stuff concerns me a lot.  So I won't knock the Jets for passing on him.

Loved not overpaying Howard as well.  Really loved that move.

Welcome some good points- I wanted Thurmond from Seattle as the CB free agent- I think he got a similar deal with Giants- do not quote me on that though

Ford is going to be like Josh Cribbs before he got hurt last year I am guessing

Not sure why it's a major concern whether we pay Vick $2 mil or $7 considering the amount of cap space we have. However for $4 mil, it was a great signing. If he gets hurt he doesn't touch the other million. The D-Pat signing was just silly.

Welcome to the board of crazies.

I hope you like the cock, there's a lot of that here...although, if you're lurking, you probably already know that.

that said, welcome :)

Wow.  You really do know this place well lol.

Nothing wrong with my avatar. It's a wishful dream of everyone who cares about the League of Ireland.  :biggrin:

Just realised I've had it for almost 2 years now. Damn, time flies.

I didn't say I had anything against it, but I could see where an uninformed new poster might get a tad nervous about hanging a goal keeper.

Carry on 

Archived