"Cant teach 6-5"

SonnyJet

You said body-catching, not chest-catching. When you're 6'5" or so, there are plenty of balls that are thrown from just below your waist to right below the numbers, when you're running full speed, the majority of guys will trap it with their stomach and continue with their routes. 

I'm not big on Benji, but the whole hands-catching argument doesn't hold as much water to me as it does for others. When you're at the level which these guys are, the majority of drops are due to lapses in concentration or fear of going over the middle, not because of some innate lack of coordination. You don't see guys like Braylon Edwards go from league-leading drops to one or two a year because his hands suddenly got better, it's because he became dedicated to concentration and relying on fundamentals.  It's the same reason Stephen Hill went from zomg worst hands ever, to having just one drop.  

Sure, some guys have better natural hands than others, but I'm not drafting someone in the first because of elite hands only, he needs to have other elite attributes e.g. speed, size, leaping ability, route running etc. And for some people, elite size that Benji has is something worth drafting for.  Your boy Jeffery wouldn't have been drafted in the first two rounds or tearing up the league if he were half a foot shorter, not the way he plays the game.

I see your point now. I'm just not high on Benjamin. I don't like what I see in him.

Benjamin had a Stephen Hill like season his Sophomore year and exploded in his junior years (or red shirt sophomore). He was straight up horrible and looked far from fluid. But everyone is different and he didn't get IT right away. Then came this years and every game he went off with some circus catches. He doesn't drop a lot of ball like you would see in the Florida game but he drops some ridiculously easy catches that stick to the back of your head but he's no where near to Ebron if that what your thinking. His production could have been far better even better then Evan who played nearly every snap as FSU defense was sick. Had he gotten those snap we're talking 20 TDs.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk2T3FAEkCk

remember Frederick Weiss ?

the knicks GM drafted him on the brilliant notion of "if you are going to make a mistake, make a big one"

LOL

give me an instinctive, tough, football player with guts and a work ethic, and if he's 5'10", so be it

JETS used a similar question to draft WR Stephen Hill.

Stephen Hill just flat out suck and never dominated collegiately. Was a major project and was far from the TD machine Evans or Benjamin was. Hill was all potential and for the most part a guy who was 3rd round material or a 4th round steal.

What the hell are you talking about?  How the **** did I avoid anything?  Why should we fall in love with hands instead of "the things you can't teach"?  Not getting the point.  Typical you. 

Thats the problem, you don't know what I'm talking about.  Don't worry about. I'll continue with the conversation I was having before you chimed in. 

Stephen Hill just flat out suck and never dominated collegiately. Was a major project and was far from the TD machine Evans or Benjamin was. Hill was all potential and for the most part a guy who was 3rd round material or a 4th round steal.

Not a great route runner. So for any NFL team drafting him he would be a project. Doubt anyone picks him in the first round. Major question marks is he is in the top half of the 2nd round as well.

Not a great route runner. So for any NFL team drafting him he would be a project. Doubt anyone picks him in the first round. Major question marks is he is in the top half of the 2nd round as well.

He's an above average route runner. Not sure why he must be "great" as very few in this class are great (Watskins, Lee, Landry and Abbrederis).

Not sure how he's automatically an instinct project. Like all he must work on something's but logically I can't agree with you on this. I would say myself that the odds are against him producing right away out of gut feeling (and nothing else) but I don't see where I can legit ally back him up in being a project.

You doubt anyone picks him in the first. Well we all have doubt don't we.

In your last sentence are you trying to say he's a suspect pick in the 2nd round? Didn't clearly understand it but if that's what you were trying to say then to you he just flat out suck. Had you said that I wouldn't of even engage in this and just kept to myself. Many including myself see the upside in selecting him in the 2nd if we were for some reason to pass on a WR in the 1st.

Neither do you.

I prefer to just ignore you for the sake of you since I get you so riled up every day for some reason. If Im talking to someone, you put in your two cents to me, I comment, you make a comment dealing with nothing I said and end with either Jordan White, "Tape" or something that has to do with nothing other than to just jab at me and miss, I respond then you start ******* cursing lol. 

Ignore me. Im not really hard to handle honestly. If you go to my profile you can block me, either one is fine bro. But seriously, I dont want to give you high blood pressure. Im concerned about your well being Dom. If you block me you wont be able to view anything I put here on the forum....but please, do something, before its too late and you pop a vein or something dude lol. 

He's an above average route runner. Not sure why he must be "great" as very few in this class are great (Watskins, Lee, Landry and Abbrederis).

Not sure how he's automatically an instinct project. Like all he must work on something's but logically I can't agree with you on this. I would say myself that the odds are against him producing right away out of gut feeling (and nothing else) but I don't see where I can legit ally back him up in being a project.

You doubt anyone picks him in the first. Well we all have doubt don't we.

In your last sentence are you trying to say he's a suspect pick in the 2nd round? Didn't clearly understand it but if that's what you were trying to say then to you he just flat out suck. Had you said that I wouldn't of even engage in this and just kept to myself. Many including myself see the upside in selecting him in the 2nd if we were for some reason to pass on a WR in the 1st.

In the bolded you are kindda contradicting yourself. Correct ?

I would expect my 1st round choice to be an impact player in Season 1. Its only when that does not materialize as a fan you go into "Gholston mode" and start hoping he well hope he does something useful in 2nd season. By the fourth season you are just hoping for ONE impact play.

I typed top half of 2nd round. But think about it i hope the JETS avoid him in the 2nd round. I think this article is just the smoke and mirrors GMs play during this time of the year. He has as yet not even visited the JETS as yet.

According to the New York Daily News, the Jets are "very intrigued" by Florida State WR Kelvin Benjamin.

"You can't teach 6-foot-5," were the words of a team source to reporter Manish Mehta. Benjamin also checks in at 240 pounds with 4.61 wheels. Benjamin is a fairly raw prospect, but is an absolute load, and stuffed the stat-sheet for the Seminoles last season. There's a strong chance he'll still be on the board when the Jets pick at No. 18.

Hill isn't/wasn't a football player. Benjamin could obviously bust, but he's a way more football ready prospect.

True. Dude, I cant f'ing believe Tanny jumped up the draft to draft this guy and leave Jeffery on the board. I just seen ESPN and they voted Marshall/Jeffery the best WR tandem in the league lol. 

Only the Jets dude. 

I prefer to just ignore you for the sake of you since I get you so riled up every day for some reason. If Im talking to someone, you put in your two cents to me, I comment, you make a comment dealing with nothing I said and end with either Jordan White, "Tape" or something that has to do with nothing other than to just jab at me and miss, I respond then you start ******* cursing lol. 

Ignore me. Im not really hard to handle honestly. If you go to my profile you can block me, either oe is fine bro. But seriously, I dont want to give you high blood pressure. Im concerned about your well being Dom. If you block me you wont be able to view anything I put here on the forum....but please, do something, before its too late and you pop a vein or something dude lol. 

Why would I block you? I don't have a problem with you, just your occasional lapses in logic.  You said I didn't answer your question, but you completely ignored mine.  Thanks for the concern, but my health is just fine as is my blood pressure.  I am not angry, riled up or anything.  If anything I am just dumbfounded that you can't comprehend that your comment was directed at NFL production and draft position but you used two guys that haven't been drafted yet and said they were proof.

According to the New York Daily News, the Jets are "very intrigued" by Florida State WR Kelvin Benjamin.

"You can't teach 6-foot-5," were the words of a team source to reporter Manish Mehta. Benjamin also checks in at 240 pounds with 4.61 wheels. Benjamin is a fairly raw prospect, but is an absolute load, and stuffed the stat-sheet for the Seminoles last season. There's a strong chance he'll still be on the board when the Jets pick at No. 18.

Brilliant satire.

Why would I block you? I don't have a problem with you, just your occasional lapses in logic.  You said I didn't answer your question, but you completely ignored mine.  Thanks for the concern, but my health is just fine as is my blood pressure.  I am not angry, riled up or anything.  If anything I am just dumbfounded that you can't comprehend that your comment was directed at NFL production and draft position but you used two guys that haven't been drafted yet and said they were proof.

As a projection, a feeling that one has based on what was seen on the collegiate level as I said earlier....and you said was false. No need to be dumbfounded for my disagreement of what you said. it was what "I" said was the case, not what you said. 

As for your need to bring up Jordan White, I dont mind hearing his name as much as I hear Alshon Jeffery's. By the way, Jeffery and Marshall was just voted "best WR tandem" on ESPN. 

Jordan White didnt bust, he was brittle so im content with my feeling on him. 

In the bolded you are kindda contradicting yourself. Correct ?

I would expect my 1st round choice to be an impact player in Season 1. Its only when that does not materialize as a fan you go into "Gholston mode" and start hoping he well hope he does something useful in 2nd season. By the fourth season you are just hoping for ONE impact play.

I typed top half of 2nd round. But think about it i hope the JETS avoid him in the 2nd round. I think this article is just the smoke and mirrors GMs play during this time of the year. He has as yet not even visited the JETS as yet.

Not sure where I wrote he would automatically becomes a project. The hope with everyone is for their rookies to not only produce but at a high level but it's very unrealistic to expect anything but adequate productions and for the most part I'm hoping for long term success rather then a good Ole solid rookie production with not much ceiling to them.

I also hope for the love of god this is just a smoke screen as it would be idiotic to show or telegraph our true interest on any player. But the players agent have no choice but to create this buzz once interest is shown.

I wouldn't be surprised either on Benjamin.  Surely you saw the article mentioning the Jets all over Benjamin now?  Lying season has begun.

That particular article's source was Manish "I don't know sh*t" Mehta so take it with a huge grain of salt.

Archived