What position do Jets draft in Round 1?

SouthernJet

What position do Jets draft in Round 1?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What position do Jets draft in Round 1?

• QB
    • RB
    • WR
    • TE
    • OL
    • DL
    • CB
    • Safety
    • LB

If they go corner, I'm done. This team;s offense has been form hunger spare the Favre 5 minutes. You will never get past the Pats scoring 10 points. A CORNER? This is scary because Serby is the kind of now nothing media dope the jets and Jints feed trial balloons to to see how it plays.

http://nypost.com/2014/04/05/serby-unveils-first-projection-of-upcoming-nfl-draft/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not exactly pounding the table for Bortles, but I'd like what it would say about the philosophy moving forward--that they won't shy away from throwing big resources into finding a high-level QB.

They keep loading up on defense and it's gets them nowhere.

It's possible, and If he is I hope, and assume that's who Idzik selects. Personally, I don't like any of these QBs in the first.

If Ponder went in the first, the top 4 (Manziel, Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater) will go in the first.  There are numerous desperate teams in need of a franchise QB

and will reach , as always, to get one.  Texans, Browns, Jags, Raiders, Vikings, Titans and Jets can be said to be all in the market for a QB. 

If the board falls like this:

1. Texans: Clowney

2. Rams: Robinson

3. Jags: Mack

4. Browns: Bridgewater

5. Raiders: Watkins

6. Falcons: Matthews

7. Bucs: Evans

8. Vikings: Manziel

9. Bills: Ebron

10. Lions: Gilbert

11. Titans: Carr

12. Giants: Ebron

13. Rams: Mosley

14. Bears: Lewan

15. Steelers: Barr

16. Cowboys: Donald/Hageman

17. Ravens: Dix/Pryor

18. Jets...

The Titans at 11 is the big pick to watch. They declined the option on Locker, so they're primed to go QB; it remains to be seen if they want to wait and give Locker one more shot. If they go anywhere other than QB, and if the Browns nab Bridgewater, it's a QB freefall to 18.

Two options if things go this way.

Draft CB Dennard

OR

Trade down.

I think the JETS would and should draft BPA and i am not convinced a WR would be the BPA if your scenario plays out.

I also think on draft day the TE and Safety positions you see players drop down than what they are projected. For example last years draft Eifert was listed in the Top 12 or Top 15 in many mock drafts but ended up falling to #21. So i do expect the JETS to have some options at #18.

Whatever QB falls to 18 will probably be BPA on Idzik's board. As we saw with the Richardson pick, he's probably not going to divert from that board in the name of expedience.

I'm not sure I get this logic. If a QB is dropping, it would seem to be because the 17 teams picking ahead of the Jets had players rated higher. Why would the Jets be the team that would stop that player's fall? The team was more QB needy last year than they are this year, and managed to hold off on picking one until the second round. They could easily have Lee, Dennard, Cooks, etc., ranked higher than Carr.

If the QBs do drop, it'll be because there are a bunch of them in a weak class. Teams will be looking emulate what the Jets did last year and get a decent prospect later.

I'm hoping all four QBs are off the board before 18, though. That would mean better prospects dropping.

I think in Idziks mind WR has been addressed with Decker and Ford.

Ford isn't even guaranteed a roster spot come September. He's a #4 or 5 WR, maybe, with return abilities. That's it. There's still a gaping hole at the starting WR spot opposite Decker.

I think either manziel drops out of the first or teddy

I think at least one of them will be there at 18

and the jets take a OG or LB, with 2 WR's sitting there

and it's popcorn time for me, lol

I think either manziel drops out of the first or teddy

I think at least one of them will be there at 18

and the jets take a OG or LB, with 2 WR's sitting there

and it's popcorn time for me, lol

u hinting jet stake teddy/manzel in 2nd?

Ford isn't even guaranteed a roster spot come September. He's a #4 or 5 WR, maybe, with return abilities. That's it. There's still a gaping hole at the starting WR spot opposite Decker.

I'd agree IF the scouts have a 'hidden gem WR' they think will fall to later rounds,,still need reliable true burner,,fords had injury issues

I dont disagree with these assessments but I do think Idzik is convinced that Decker Nelson Kerley are enough of an upgrade from last year and will lead him to draft another position. Honestly I would love if Evans fell to 18. I think he is the most NFL ready WR style wise in the draft and could start day 1.

I dont disagree with these assessments but I do think Idzik is convinced that Decker Nelson Kerley are enough of an upgrade from last year and will lead him to draft another position. Honestly I would love if Evans fell to 18. I think he is the most NFL ready WR style wise in the draft and could start day 1.

ya, my concern w/current WR set is no reliaable outside burner that allows 1) stretch Defense: 2) prevent Def from stacking box to stop run 3) allow TE to roam in slot with only a LB covering

I'm not sure I get this logic. If a QB is dropping, it would seem to be because the 17 teams picking ahead of the Jets had players rated higher. Why would the Jets be the team that would stop that player's fall? The team was more QB needy last year than they are this year, and managed to hold off on picking one until the second round. They could easily have Lee, Dennard, Cooks, etc., ranked higher than Carr.

If the QBs do drop, it'll be because there are a bunch of them in a weak class. Teams will be looking emulate what the Jets did last year and get a decent prospect later.

I'm hoping all four QBs are off the board before 18, though. That would mean better prospects dropping.

Yeah, I'm not going to pretend to know what Idzik's board looks like, but it seems he's an adherent to it. There's no way that CB and DE were huge team needs last year, but he still took a (relatively) falling Milliner, and then Richardson higher than most predicted him to go over players like Cord Patterson and Jarvis Jones, etc. I don't think that Idzik cares what other team's boards looks like--only his own. If Bortles' name appears ahead of, say, Beckham, Dennard, etc, then I think he'll grab that player but, obviously, we have no idea where he ranks any of these guys.

Yeah, I'm not going to pretend to know what Idzik's board looks like, but it seems he's an adherent to it. There's no way that CB and DE were huge team needs last year, but he still took a (relatively) falling Milliner, and then Richardson higher than most predicted him to go over players like Cord Patterson and Jarvis Jones, etc. I don't think that Idzik cares what other team's boards looks like--only his own. If Bortles' name appears ahead of, say, Beckham, Dennard, etc, then I think he'll grab that player but, obviously, we have no idea where he ranks any of these guys.

idzik will go bap. whoever that person is, whatever position he plays, even DL. An Aaron Donald pick wouldn't totally surprise me he's a natural pass rusher they could stand him up or whatever. 

In their dreams Watkins or Evans falls. Anthony Barr could fall maybe. Dennard wouldn't be a reach at 18

and neither would Ha-Ha. I don't know that Rex cares about safeties they have problems back there. 

One guy that is falling thru the cracks is CJ mosely. Im not saying it's likely. but as a darkhorse he's SEC, dinged up like Milliner but still an elite athlete for his position. Makes the team better right away can start.

He certainly could end up in the 2nd rd cause no one values ILB but this could be one of those picks where it looks obvious in hindsight (duh obviously they want to get rid of David Harris' monster contract).

you said watch TEN at 11 that's true also see alot of synergy with the Steelers at 15. They need a corner bad. They could swoop in a falling Pass rusher. They need a gamebreaker WR. They have a dire need a safety. they need OL too. 

idzik will go bap. whoever that person is, whatever position he plays, even DL. An Aaron Donald pick wouldn't totally surprise me he's a natural pass rusher they could stand him up or whatever. 

In their dreams Watkins or Evans falls. Anthony Barr could fall maybe. Dennard wouldn't be a reach at 18

and neither would Ha-Ha. I don't know that Rex cares about safeties they have problems back there. 

One guy that is falling thru the cracks is CJ mosely. Im not saying it's likely. but as a darkhorse he's SEC, dinged up like Milliner but still an elite athlete for his position. Makes the team better right away can start.

He certainly could end up in the 2nd rd cause no one values ILB but this could be one of those picks where it looks obvious in hindsight (duh obviously they want to get rid of David Harris' monster contract).

you said watch TEN at 11 that's true also see alot of synergy with the Steelers at 15. They need a corner bad. They could swoop in a falling Pass rusher. They need a gamebreaker WR. They have a dire need a safety. they need OL too. 

I dont think he goes BPA if a QB is there. I think w/Geno/Vick now, the Jets have their eye on a specific sleeper QB in 6/7 round, he may even drop to UDFA due to injury plagued 2013 season. 

I have to apologize.  I have officially decided I want beckham Jr. to be drafted by the jets.  I have only gotten my wish once, when need met board and the jets took brick

so I'm 1 for 33

sorry

If the board falls like this:

1. Texans: Clowney

2. Rams: Robinson

3. Jags: Mack

4. Browns: Bridgewater

5. Raiders: Watkins

6. Falcons: Matthews

7. Bucs: Evans

8. Vikings: Manziel

9. Bills: Ebron

10. Lions: Gilbert

11. Titans: Carr

12. Giants: Ebron

13. Rams: Mosley

14. Bears: Lewan

15. Steelers: Barr

16. Cowboys: Donald/Hageman

17. Ravens: Dix/Pryor

18. Jets...

The Titans at 11 is the big pick to watch. They declined the option on Locker, so they're primed to go QB; it remains to be seen if they want to wait and give Locker one more shot. If they go anywhere other than QB, and if the Browns nab Bridgewater, it's a QB freefall to 18.

Don't see either of those happening. Zimmer from what it sounds like, is not liking Manziel.

Aaron Donald doesn't make sense on a number of levels. I prefer Shazier to Mosley. Pryor seems okay. Don't see any OL besides Martin. This is basically what we're looking at at 18 if we don't go receiver or corner as expected.

Archived