Petition calls for Vick to be banned from SUNY Cortland training camp

joewilly12

By Charles Curtis/NJ.com The Star-Ledger
Follow on Twitter
on April 07, 2014 at 3:13 PM, updated April 07, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Over 1,600 signatures (and counting) are on a petition seeking to keep Michael Vick from SUNY Cortland, where the Jets hold training camp, because of his dog-fighting past.

"I love SUNY Cortland, and cannot abide welcoming this sociopath onto our campus with open arms," The Change.org petition read (WARNING: There's a photo of a mutilated dog on the site). "We need to stand by what is right as a university by barring him from the grounds. I don't want him anywhere near my beloved college or community. We MUST send the message that we won't be party to the torture of animals by conveniently forgetting what he has done. If we welcome Vick onto our campus, we are complicit in his crimes."

It's addressed to Erik J. Bitterbaum, Cortland's president, with the goal set at 2,500 signatures. It was discovered by various sites including FoxSports.com after being posted last month.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, good luck with that. Vicks owes nothing to the law so there is no way he can be banned. They can get a million signatures and it still wouldn't matter until he committed another crime.

I just find the 2500 signatures thing odd.  What is magical about 2,500? Will that effect change any more or less than 1,000 or 101,000?  Did someone think, "We can't stop at 2000 signatures.  That just won't cut it.  3000 is better, sure, but that 500 additional signatures is extraneous.  2500, that's the number.  Definitely 2500."

I just find the 2500 signatures thing odd.  What is magical about 2,500? Will that effect change any more or less than 1,000 or 101,000?  Did someone think, "We can't stop at 2000 signatures.  That just won't cut it.  3000 is better, sure, but that 500 additional signatures is extraneous.  2500, that's the number.  Definitely 2500."

Should disguise the petition as "end women's suffrage" then. Usually works.

i'm sure vick is used to this sh*t. i personally think vick is a scumbag and don't want him as a jets player. the funniest part of the jets signing vick, to me, was when they announced it on their facebook page. idk what they were expecting but it was 1000's of comments calling the jets idiots, people threatening to quit rooting, and people saying vick is the scum of the earth. i found it pretty funny. i wish the jets hadn't signed this douchebag but nothing you can do about it....this petition won't accomplish much, but it's still an example of the BS the jets will be dealing with constantly. i wonder how many "dog murderer" sign will make it past security to be displayed on tv during the game

i'm sure vick is used to this sh*t. i personally think vick is a scumbag and don't want him as a jets player. the funniest part of the jets signing vick, to me, was when they announced it on their facebook page. idk what they were expecting but it was 1000's of comments calling the jets idiots, people threatening to quit rooting, and people saying vick is the scum of the earth. i found it pretty funny. i wish the jets hadn't signed this douchebag but nothing you can do about it....this petition won't accomplish much, but it's still an example of the BS the jets will be dealing with constantly. i wonder how many "dog murderer" sign will make it past security to be displayed on tv during the game

most of the people doing this aren't Jets fans. I'm sure the Jets did their due-dilligence regarding his time in Philly....the amount of protestors/protesting that actually goes on is minimal in context with the amount of internet protestors. You barely noticed anything at Eagles games.

most of the people doing this aren't Jets fans. I'm sure the Jets did their due-dilligence regarding his time in Philly....the amount of protestors/protesting that actually goes on is minimal in context with the amount of internet protestors. You barely noticed anything at Eagles games.

have you ever been to philadelphia? lol

The people in Cortland are obviously forgetting what the Jets do for the economy there In the summer.

That's probably because most of those complaining aren't from Cortland or are idealistic Cortland undergrads that don't really know any better.  You may despise Vick, but you're right, the Jets being in Cortland is great for their local economy for those handful of weeks.

Corolla is the one guy who I'll just never understand how he never caught on to a broader audience. The guy is hysterical.

:cue expert explanation of why he never caught on to a broader audience:

Adam Corolla is genius! He still kills when Kimmel brings him on!

I think Penn & Teller did something like that on their Showtime show.  Funny stuff.

Or wait, was it The Man Show?

Was it Penn & Teller who went around getting signatures on a petition to ban dihydrogen oxide?

Corolla is the one guy who I'll just never understand how he never caught on to a broader audience. The guy is hysterical.

:cue expert explanation of why he never caught on to a broader audience:

He's got a new show on spike TV now, haven't seen it yet. I think it's called Catch a Contractor

Archived