Jets may take step back this year, but.............

SouthernJet

Was that when you were watching them play the Giants? or was it the Jets?

yeah as a matter of fact....and Monday night football, and Thursday night football, and during bye week whomever is on tv.....College football..heck I like watching HS football too sometimes when on the local channnels...and actually played football and not talking about Madden.

now go have ur milk and cookies little puppet master...bates

why ?

because cro ?

no dude - Cro needed to go away. But there were probably more than a few times when the opposition went the other side just because of Cro's athleticism and past body of work. Regardless, we haven't upgraded any of the defensive backfield, don't believe they will via trade, and don't believe a rook will come in and provide that much help.

yeah as a matter of fact....and Monday night football, and Thursday night football, and during bye week whomever is on tv.....College football..heck I like watching HS football too sometimes when on the local channnels...and actually played football and not talking about Madden.

now go have ur milk and cookies little puppet master...bates

go whine about how you should never have switched from rooting for the Giants some other place then. Your bitching just doesn't carry any weight with someone who has rooted for the Jets since well before you were born.

Ya agree, with so many new faces I think by END of season we will be better than last year , but record might not show as 1st part of season will have so many youngsters

I think it really will depend on what kind of turnover number we get from Geno. We were not an 8 win team last year. We could be better this year and win only 7. Not into predictions but I think a healthy squad wins 8 or 9.

go whine about how you should never have switched from rooting for the Giants some other place then. Your bitching just doesn't carry any weight with someone who has rooted for the Jets since well before you were born.

Yeah yeah..bake a pie eat a pie

I know I know and you also walked uphill in the snow to school both ways

Read a mag before you lose control of ur bp there gramps

A how many win team were we, then, exactly?

Well, we were gifted 2 wins on penalties. We did not win them on talent. Those games could easily go against us this year. But I think the talent will be improved so I am actually felling optimistic

Well, we were gifted 2 wins on penalties. We did not win them on talent. Those games could easily go against us this year. But I think the talent will be improved so I am actually felling optimistic

And we were the only team that caught breaks?

We had enough talent to be in those games until the very end. We were not gifted that position.

And we were the only team that caught breaks?

We had enough talent to be in those games until the very end. We were not gifted that position.

Come on, tell me that you did not feel like the gods had stepped in in both those games while you were watching

I think it really will depend on what kind of turnover number we get from Geno. We were not an 8 win team last year. We could be better this year and win only 7. Not into predictions but I think a healthy squad wins 8 or 9.

I should have explained better..by taking step back I meant record, but I said in 1st post, by end of year I think we may better than 2013 team, aka Seattle 2011 team

I should have explained better..by taking step back I meant record, but I said in 1st post, by end of year I think we may better than 2013 team, aka Seattle 2011 team

Yes. I do think this will be a better team. So much depends on Geno, though. Funny, I was out of the country at the end of last season. I was pulling for Geno all year but I did not get to see the low turnover games.

Of course, but I'm sure there are tons of fans of other teams feeling the same way about any number of their own victories.

I'll tell you, we had a stretch last year where we played so poorly. A lot of decent teams can lose three in a row during a season, but we lost so badly sometimes. No matter what though, we always seem to play the pats tough at least once. And we seem to beat a pretty good team when we are not expected to. The lows were just so low, though, I had to thinks we were worse than what I was seeing. Of course, I missed the last 4 games. I was out of the country

I'll tell you, we had a stretch last year where we played so poorly. A lot of decent teams can lose three in a row during a season, but we lost so badly sometimes. No matter what though, we always seem to play the pats tough at least once. And we seem to beat a pretty good team when we are not expected to. The lows were just so low, though, I had to thinks we were worse than what I was seeing. Of course, I missed the last 4 games. I was out of the country

man they let you out of Guantanamo quickly ;)

SJ good topic. I don't see this team sliding back. I see them as a 10 win team that will wake up the AFC. Eveyone thinks its just the Broncos and the Pats for AFC supremacy, we might just crash that party a bit. If we can press the receivers well this year ( a big if) we will have a good team defense which alone should give us 6 wins. Then its all up to the "upgrades" on offense to get us another 4 wins. I see the Jets at 10-6 this year. Buffalo is kinda squriming, Miami is kind of fidgety, the Pats are the Pats but we still beat them last year (should have beat them twice)...so I am feeling good about our chances.

LL

SJ good topic. I don't see this team sliding back. I see them as a 10 win team that will wake up the AFC. Eveyone thinks its just the Broncos and the Pats for AFC supremacy, we might just crash that party a bit. If we can press the receivers well this year ( a big if) we will have a good team defense which alone should give us 6 wins. Then its all up to the "upgrades" on offense to get us another 4 wins. I see the Jets at 10-6 this year. Buffalo is kinda squriming, Miami is kind of fidgety, the Pats are the Pats but we still beat them last year (should have beat them twice)...so I am feeling good about our chances.

LL

LL, always enjoy your posts, ,and I sort of agree with you which is why I put the but.... at end of thread title. I think we will be better at END of year then we were this year AND if we get a break or two I agree that could translate into a playoff spot.. I am just warning folks, we could slip a game or 2 back in standings BUT be better at years end :)

LL, always enjoy your posts, ,and I sort of agree with you which is why I put the but.... at end of thread title. I think we will be better at END of year then we were this year AND if we get a break or two I agree that could translate into a playoff spot.. I am just warning folks, we could slip a game or 2 back in standings BUT be better at years end :)

Thanks SJ, good to see some folks that I recognize from the old JI days.

I think this team will get better as the year goes on and make a playoff run at the end of the season. 10-6, I think will be good enough for a wldcard and you know the Jets are always dangerous as a wildcard. To beat the Pats for the division title, I think we would need to go 12-4 and beat the Pats twice... which, barring a catostrophic injury (Thnking Brady goes down), I think our best shot at the post season is wildcard. I think both Buffalo and Miami will have down years...we can squeeze 3 wins out of those two teams, then a win from the Pats...4-2 in the AFC East.... then we need 6 wins from the rest of the season. Definately achievable.  

LL

It's going to be Same Old Jets next season too because Idzick has no idea how to evaluate talent. Rex Ryan is probably set up to fail once again. I want to see the playoffs again Its been almost 4 seasons since the last playoffs the jets were in. They should just do what their supposed to do which is win & they will make playoffs. I hope this happens.

When last we watched the Jets in 2013....

-StoicSentry was optimistic about the team in a re-building year

-Vegas was predicting a 6.5 win season

-ESPN was predicting a 2 win season, and somehow figuring out a way to make people believe that 2 wins was Vegas' prediction also

-The team finished 8-8 despite a host of troubles, and everyone agreed that they overachieved. Which was good (because overachieving is always good) but bad (because needing to overachieve to get to .500 is never good).

-Generally, pessimism persisted across JetNation despite the surprisingly mediocre season

Flash forward:

-Jets are way under the cap, but Idzik fails to use even half of his cap space.

-The Jets now have some picks (just as every other team does) and Eric Decker. The rest of the team is about the same,

-All of this makes John Idzik a genius

-JetNation believes that despite a tougher schedule and minimal (at best) improvement of the roster, the Jets are now playoff bound. Thanks to the genius of Idzik.

-StoicSentry is confused as ****

What happened between 2013 and 2014?

When last we watched the Jets in 2013....

-StoicSentry was optimistic about the team in a re-building year

-Vegas was predicting a 6.5 win season

-ESPN was predicting a 2 win season, and somehow figuring out a way to make people believe that 2 wins was Vegas' prediction also

-The team finished 8-8 despite a host of troubles, and everyone agreed that they overachieved. Which was good (because overachieving is always good) but bad (because needing to overachieve to get to .500 is never good).

-Generally, pessimism persisted across JetNation despite the surprisingly mediocre season

Flash forward:

-Jets are way under the cap, but Idzik fails to use even half of his cap space.

-The Jets now have some picks (just as every other team does) and Eric Decker. The rest of the team is about the same,

-All of this makes John Idzik a genius

-JetNation believes that despite a tougher schedule and minimal (at best) improvement of the roster, the Jets are now playoff bound. Thanks to the genius of Idzik.

-StoicSentry is confused as ****

What happened between 2013 and 2014?

This

not a lot.  lets see how the roster looks in august after the mini draft

Agree.

Also this is not a 10 win team.

Idzik despite all the love here has not done anything above what  any competent GM would do in the same position despite how some posters try and imply that they are part of a "select few" of Jet fans who understand "the plan".

It will be interesting to see how the 2014 secondary plays based on what "the plan" has failed to do in that area so far.                     

Agree.

Idzik despite all the love here has not done anything above what  any competent GM would do in the same position despite how some posters try and imply that they are part of a "select few" of Jet fans who understand "the plan".

It will be interesting to see how the 2014 secondary plays based on what "the plan" has failed to do in that area so far.                     

I don't think there is a lot of love, just a lot of defending the over reaction and angst.  He is on record as a "build through the draft" guy, and people were getting pissed off 30 minutes into FA.  hellooooooooo

the 2014 secondary is the same as last years, only milliner is on the upswing.  cro was hurt and awful.  he bailed out on every play. 

if people are all butt hurt over the giants signing DRC, just wait until he makes his first business decision on 3rd down, lol

Agree.

Perfectly said....feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading all these almighty idziot posts

Archived