The Jets are owned by an idiot which you already knew

Bugg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IDK

The Jets have been competitive since Woody has owned them.  He has forked out 10's of millions of dollars for contracts when asked to.   Under his ownership the Jets have had one of the best runs in their history.  No there hasn't been a championship, but it wasn't because  Woody didn't care about one.    

I'm good with him.  Would you rather have had Dolan?

As far as the stadium and the PSL's go, I only go to 1, sometimes 2 games a year.   Always buy the best seats I can find, without paying a PSL.  Game day experience has been fine.  

Gameday experience has always been great. Don't really understand what you are looking for.

Only way to recreate the old stadium feel is to have straight concrete and everyone sitting on top of each other. Well because everyone bitches and sit on their iPhones all game blogging and forum posting about how awful the game is. And the fact stadiums need to "entertain" fans more then just the actual game now. Stadium atmospheres suck in all new stadiums.

Fans can blame themselves sitting on their cell phones not woody for the atmosphere.

Jets /Giants stadium to gorgeous inside. Because it looks a little not appealing from the outside people seem to have a bad opinion of it. But if you're trying to say inside is anything short of great then your crazy.

My suggestion. Stop posting rubbish on how you can run the team better and pay attention to the actual games.

Can't stand jet fans who bitch constantly can't stand the jets fans who boo every draft pick. You all look like clowns at the draft. Blame yourself not woody.

Gameday experience has always been great. Don't really understand what you are looking for.

Only way to recreate the old stadium feel is to have straight concrete and everyone sitting on top of each other. Well because everyone bitches and sit on their iPhones all game blogging and forum posting about how awful the game is. And the fact stadiums need to "entertain" fans more then just the actual game now. Stadium atmospheres suck in all new stadiums.

Fans can blame themselves sitting on their cell phones not woody for the atmosphere.

Jets /Giants stadium to gorgeous inside. Because it looks a little not appealing from the outside people seem to have a bad opinion of it. But if you're trying to say inside is anything short of great then your crazy.

post-5567-0-82982800-1397432467_thumb.jp

I would ask you for a conspicuous third time to answer me if you're a PSL holder and had season tickets in the old stadium, but after this post I am convinced you are new to the club.

blogs_bitch_5213_675723_poll_xlarge.gif

Yes I pay for the PSL. How does that effect anything ?

It's part 1 of a two part question, and you've been deliberately ignoring part 2.

You still haven't said if/for how long you had seats before the new stadium. I'm guessing you didn't based on you neglecting to respond and, more so because you're the penultimate fanboy with incredible ignorance towards anyone exhibiting frustration about, let's say the last 20 years of team performance, minimum. You come off as the casual fan turned enthusiast and that's awesome that you are here now. But if you're going to try and tell one of the most frustrated fan bases in sports to be more positive, you're going to be a little more clever and a little less obvious

Answering your questions proves nothing.

What exactely does it prove if I had season tickets before the new stadium ?

If you must know I worked with a guy who did have season tickets to the old stadium. He ended up having kids, couldn't make it to most games so just let me have them. So did I need to buy seats. No. But when the new stadium came about he chose to not renew and I ended up buying other seats.

And The last almost 20 years hasn't been bad as a Jets fan. Have we won the big game. Obviously not. Have we been to the AFC championship game 3 times and been to the playoffs numerous times. Yes.

Fanboy is funny. Sure I'm frustrated with the jets every single year. Every single play call. But that doesn't mean when a new regime comes in I decide right away I hate that regime and are super critical of every single move. I at least give said regime a few years to pull off their plan.

Constant turnover seems to be what most of you want. One year. Didn't get the job done so let's say our goodbyes and run these guys out of town.

If you must know I worked with a guy who did have season tickets to the old stadium. He ended up having kids, couldn't make it to most games so just let me have them. So did I need to buy seats. No. But when the new stadium came about he chose to not renew and I ended up buying other seats.

And The last almost 20 years hasn't been bad as a Jets fan. Have we won the big game. Obviously not. Have we been to the AFC championship game 3 times and been to the playoffs numerous times. Yes.

Fanboy is funny. Sure I'm frustrated with the jets every single year. Every single play call. But that doesn't mean when a new regime comes in I decide right away I hate that regime and are super critical of every single move. I at least give said regime a few years to pull off their plan.

Constant turnover seems to be what most of you want. One year. Didn't get the job done so let's say our goodbyes and run these guys out of town.

^poseur

^fake fan

Well I would like to hear from someone that has sat in the upper deck for a game. I have been inside for one game and a concert. Had good seats both times. The game was the Houston game a couple years ago and the experience was great.

Looked up at the upper deck both times and said f$&k that, never sitting up there.

Would like to hear from people that have sat up there.

Well I would like to hear from someone that has sat in the upper deck for a game. I have been inside for one game and a concert. Had good seats both times. The game was the Houston game a couple years ago and the experience was great.

Looked up at the upper deck both times and said f$&k that, never sitting up there.

Even been in Haiti during a hunger riot?

Agree with most of what you say here except giving Hess credit for moving the Jets to NJ and the Giants Stadium makes no sense. I hated him for it.

At the time myself and any NYJ fans we knew would have preferred that they stayed at Shea vs moving into Giants Stadium as second class renters.

Sh!t hole or not, at least Shea was our sh!t hole and not the Giants home stadium.

Shea wasn't our sh*thole either. The mets ****ed the jets over all the time. Also that stadium was awful in the winter time. It wasn't enclosed on the perimeter so when you walked inside on the concourse it was just as cold as being in the stands. Also the bathrooms were atrocious.

I'm probably biased because I live in jersey too.

The Yankees are owned and run by buffoons and they win. Woody has done some silly stuff, but from a football standpoint he's fairly cookie cutter. His affiliations seem to annoy a few, but get over it.

Um uh stick michael built a dynasty when the buffoon was suspended from baseball for a few years. Stick michael did a great job evaluating talent wherever he went.

Who on the jets are you comparing to stick michael?

Btw it was great when the Red Sox asked for permission to speak to stick, yankees said yes. And stick michael? "Not interested"

It's similar to sitting in the upper deck of the new Yankee Stadium: Not bad, but you can't get over the notion that you just paid way too much and that the rich people below are having an incredibly better gameday experience that you are.

Horrible. The mez and lower levels are much nicer but over priced.

It feels like you're 50-100ft higher than the old upper deck and the aisles have steep walkways. Bathrooms are a problem too. Not enough of them

Um uh stick michael built a dynasty when the buffoon was suspended from baseball for a few years. Stick michael did a great job evaluating talent wherever he went.

Who on the jets are you comparing to stick michael?

Btw it was great when the Red Sox asked for permission to speak to stick, yankees said yes. And stick michael? "Not interested"

Randy Levine and Lonn Trost are buffoons. The new Yankee Stadium is an embarrassment.

Oh. I seem to have struck a nerve.

Let's just call this what it is. You're new to the forum. You are new to season ticket membership. You think the last twenty years of team history, overall, have been pretty good. You're very rah rah. That's great. It's just that some of us have been following a little bit (lot) longer, come rain or shine, and may feel a little differently than you do. K? Go Jets

Randy Levine and Lonn Trost are buffoons. The new Yankee Stadium is an embarrassment.

Lol I agree about those guys. What don't you like about the new Yankee stadium? I can't stand hearing suzyn waldman blasting on the speakers in the bathroom while I'm taking a leak.

Lol I agree about those guys. What don't you like about the new Yankee stadium? I can't stand hearing suzyn waldman blasting on the speakers in the bathroom while I'm taking a leak.

I already have enough trouble finding it, her voice would make me have to pee sitting down.

The new Yankee Stadium for the same reasons the new Metlife sucks....you have to sit in the lower level to enjoy the game...and the lower level is 100% catered to rich folks. But that's a New York thing....it's not just Woody.

The new Yankee Stadium for the same reasons the new Metlife sucks....you have to sit in the lower level to enjoy the game...and the lower level is 100% catered to rich folks.

Yeah I agree with that. And it was easier to sneak into the lower level seats at the old stadium. Now it's impossible to try and get a better seat.

I was ready to give up on this team when Woody bought in for a long stint at Giants Stadium II, and moved training camp off of Long Island. If they hadn't fired Mangini and hired Rex, I might've finally cut the cord. Woody would've been a great owner if he managed to get the Manhattan stadium, and much better if he took the city up on building in Queens. Instead, he wound up arguing over square inches of locker from space in an effort to look like he's on equal footing with the Giants. But he's not. He signed up to be be a second rate franchise. He completely turned his back on his fan base here. Nassau County is the only county in the entire country that roots for the Jets more than any other team, and Woody says, "screw you guys, you can bridge and tunnel it to the games, and plan your vacations around training camp if you're interested."

I was ready to give up on this team when Woody bought in for a long stint at Giants Stadium II, and moved training camp off of Long Island. If they hadn't fired Mangini and hired Rex, I might've finally cut the cord. Woody would've been a great owner if he managed to get the Manhattan stadium, and much better if he took the city up on building in Queens. Instead, he wound up arguing over square inches of locker from space in an effort to look like he's on equal footing with the Giants. But he's not. He signed up to be be a second rate franchise. He completely turned his back on his fan base here. Nassau County is the only county in the entire country that roots for the Jets more than any other team, and Woody says, "screw you guys, you can bridge and tunnel it to the games, and plan your vacations around training camp if you're interested."

By moving training camp he turned his back on the franchise?

By moving training camp he turned his back on the franchise?

Feel free to read again, then ask your question.

Fraud.

I meant fanbase not franchise. And LI is a total pain in the ass....I dont blame him for moving camp. Plus Hofstra doesnt even have football anymore.

They have an entire stadium they're not using. Stony Brook made a pitch for training camp, too. This is where the Jets largest concentration of fans lives, and he turned his backs on us - whether you think LI is a pain in the ass or not.

Archived