The Jets are owned by an idiot which you already knew

Bugg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Structure is different. I like literally nothing better about the new stadium, other than the lack of the Giants Stadium name on it, but I thought I remembered the lowest cost Jets PSLs being lower than corresponding ones for the Giants.

And the new stadium sucks for all. I know a few Giants fans who gave up their tickets & don't like the new stadium either.

I'm not talking about the psl pricing. I'm talking average ticket pricing.

I miss the spirals because it was so much easier to get in and out. They got rid of them because of the half time tit show. Now you either walk up endless flights of steps, take one of two escalators or walk on a dumbass ramp at a 30 degree incline zagging back and forth ( the equivalent to walking 500 miles to get out of there )

1.7 billion for that and no roof? Somebody should fired or thrown in jail. The whole game xp sucks now. And now you see visiting fans in the thousands going to games ( the 49ers fans a perfect example)

I have more fun watching them on tv now and my whole Sunday isn't shot and I save hundreds of dollars. Win win

Don't see what any of that has to do with blaming him for tearing down Giants Stadium.

Being born into the Johnson family is, was, and likely always will be his greatest accomplishment. So what?

If woody didn't own the jets what would he be? Just another rich guy. He bought the jets because he loves the attention he's getting. He craves to be like George Steinbrenner. The problem is that there's a huge disconnect between the jets and there fans now. It really is all about the corporate dollar. And that's why that stadium was built.

If woody didn't own the jets what would he be? Just another rich guy. He bought the jets because he loves the attention he's getting. He craves to be like George Steinbrenner. The problem is that there's a huge disconnect between the jets and there fans now. It really is all about the corporate dollar. And that's why that stadium was built.

He bought the Jets to make money, it's what businessmen and genetic lottery winners do.

Every sports franchise is about the corporate dollar. To single out Woody as if he's the only owner like this is asinine.

He bought the Jets to make money, it's what businessmen and genetic lottery winners do.

Every sports franchise is about the corporate dollar. To single out Woody as if he's the only owner like this is asinine.

And it shows. Well can you explain to me the empty seats and having a hard time selling tickets?

It isn't asinine because woody is a failure. He went from having a sold out stadium every week to now making cold calls to beg people to buy tickets. There was an enormous amount of visiting fans at home games. What other teams with new stadiums look that incompetent?

When was the last time you went to a game there? 2007? Please

Shea wasn't our sh*thole either. The mets ****ed the jets over all the time. Also that stadium was awful in the winter time. It wasn't enclosed on the perimeter so when you walked inside on the concourse it was just as cold as being in the stands. Also the bathrooms were atrocious.

I'm probably biased because I live in jersey too.

I dont know of any open stadium that is warm in the winter. None of us cared that the bathrooms were a mess, we drank alot.

I agree it was the Mets Stadium first but at least they werent second class citizens to the Giants. If they had stayed they would have eventually gotten a NY stadium, maybe  in the same lot as Citifield or Manhattans west side.

I hated Hess for the NJ move.

I hear ya. If I lived in NJ I would prefer they play there except for the fact that Metlife is the most boring looking piece of architecture in the northeast.

The owners of the Jets and the Giants were primarily interested in two things when building the new stadium: greatly improved and increased capacity in the luxury boxes, and having locker rooms sized exactly the same. The experience for the average fan was an afterthought - if it was thought about at all.

The Jets signing on to Giants Stadium II just perpetuates the team's second class status. An equally crappy stadium in Queens with green seats that the Jets could've called their own would've been infinitely better.

Frankly I think those referring to Johnson as an idiot, dope etc should look in the mirror and assess their own accomplishments, contributions to society etc.

I get that Johnson was born with a platinum spoon, has not brought our team to the promised land etc but the team has been better since he took over and now with Idzik running things I think we will see continued improvement.

Back to Johnson, I have a hard time hating on a guy who's philanthropic record is unsurpassed by anyone in providing training, medicine and healthcare for the benefit US citizens. He has a 9 billion dollar trust that generates 400 million per year for this purpose. I like that he focuses at home and not Africa and other countries like Gates and Buffet do.

The owners of the Jets and the Giants were primarily interested in two things when building the new stadium: greatly improved and increased capacity in the luxury boxes, and having locker rooms sized exactly the same. The experience for the average fan was an afterthought - if it was thought about at all.

The Jets signing on to Giants Stadium II just perpetuates the team's second class status. An equally crappy stadium in Queens with green seats that the Jets could've called their own would've been infinitely better.

You got that 1000% right. 

I'll be honest. I only care about what woody does with the jets. If you wanna go gaga over what a billionaire philanthropist accomplished outside of football that's fine. I also didn't care that Leon Hess had dealings with moamar khadafi. Just what he did with the jets.

Frankly I think those referring to Johnson as an idiot, dope etc should look in the mirror and assess their own accomplishments, contributions to society etc.

I get that Johnson was born with a platinum spoon, has not brought our team to the promised land etc but the team has been better since he took over and now with Idzik running things I think we will see continued improvement.

Back to Johnson, I have a hard time hating on a guy who's philanthropic record is unsurpassed by anyone in providing training, medicine and healthcare for the benefit US citizens. He has a 9 billion dollar trust that generates 400 million per year for this purpose. I like that he focuses at home and not Africa and other countries like Gates and Buffet do.

If you are born with a 9 billion trust and you give some of that away is that really an accomplishment?

Also the jets are second class because the giants have won 4 Super Bowls and the jets 0 since they've been co tenants. The ******* stadium they play in has nothing to do with that. Before 1986 that term was never heard of. The giants used to be long time doormats.

Here's a few things to ponder. The giants didn't want psl's for the new stadium. It was the Jets who insisted on having psl's.

Also, jet tickets are more expensive than giants tickets lol the giants won 2 Super Bowls in the last 7 years.

I have no doubt in my mind that the maras care more about their fans than woody johnson cares about his. I really don't hear giant fans complaining about the game day xp. Just jets fans

A relative works for one of the Mara businesses. In fairness there have been several instances of knucklheaded behavior like a fight with a n Eagles fan on the NYSE floor. But moslty they stay in the background. And I personally met Jon Tisch one afternoon during the aftermath of Sandy. May be he is a monster(really it was but one moment) but on this occasion anyway he could not have been nicer to my Mom  and put a smile on her face if only for a moment during a horrible time.None of these people feel compelled to be nearly as out front and bigmouthed as Johnson.Having a pile of money and some Lombardis probably helps, but ther does seem to be part of Woody Johnson that wants to be front and center all the time. And it's a mistake.

As to the stadium-between enviromentalists and the Dolans, the West Side thing was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. NEVER. And someone with half a brain would've known that without wasting all that time and energy and either made common cause with the Jints from the beginning or sought a site near Shea in Queens. Again, more proof our owner is a goddamn dope.   

From the mid1970s unilt now the Jets did not have to advertise at all to sell every ticket. And now they are running ads on TV and radio all the time. Some brilliant businessman.

I dont know of any open stadium that is warm in the winter. None of us cared that the bathrooms were a mess, we drank alot.

I agree it was the Mets Stadium first but at least they werent second class citizens to the Giants. If they had stayed they would have eventually gotten a NY stadium, maybe in the same lot as Citifield or Manhattans west side.

I hated Hess for the NJ move.

I hear ya. If I lived in NJ I would prefer they play there except for the fact that Metlife is the most boring looking piece of architecture in the northeast.

Let me rephrase this. The wind was killer. Those multi colored patches of sheet metal on the outside of the stadium didn't block the wind. You remember the garbage tornadoes?

If you live in ny I can understand why you didn't like the move.

If you are born with a 9 billion trust and you give some of that away is that really an accomplishment?

I am not here to defend Johnson or what he does with his money but you should at least know your facts if you want to judge.

The 9 billion you refer to is not his. He has his own money. It is a trust set up to generate income for the purpose of providing training and research in healthcare. 

His trust is the largest philanthropy focused solely on health. The foundation's goal, through the use of grants, is to improve the health and healthcare of all Americans. The foundation has $9.2 billion in assets, generating grants approaching $400 million a year.

The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation makes grants for a range of health issues, including access to care,childhood obesity, and training for doctors and nurse, scientists. Other topics of interest to the foundation include social and economic factors that can impact health, including quality of housing, violence,poverty, and access to fresh food.

You ask is it really an accomplishment? I would say poll other NFL MLB NBA owners and see how many are doing philanthropy on this scale.

From the mid1970s unilt now the Jets did not have to advertise at all to sell every ticket. And now they are running ads on TV and radio all the time. Some brilliant businessman.

The last time the jets advertised tickets was the summer of 78. And that team in 77 was 3-11 and home games were blacked out on tv lolololol

I am not here to defend Johnson or what he does with his money but you should at least know your facts if you want to judge.

The 9 billion you refer to is not his. He has his own money. It is a trust set up to generate income for the purpose of providing training and research in healthcare. 

His trust is the largest philanthropy focused solely on health. The foundation's goal, through the use of grants, is to improve the health and healthcare of all Americans. The foundation has $9.2 billion in assets, generating grants approaching $400 million a year.

The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation makes grants for a range of health issues, including access to care,childhood obesity, and training for doctors and nurse, scientists. Other topics of interest to the foundation include social and economic factors that can impact health, including quality of housing, violence,poverty, and access to fresh food.

You ask is it really an accomplishment? I would say poll other NFL MLB NBA owners and see how many are doing philanthropy on this scale.

He was born into controlling that 9 billion dollar trust though, right? He has no actual accomplishments other than that.

Let me rephrase this. The wind was killer. Those multi colored patches of sheet metal on the outside of the stadium didn't block the wind. You remember the garbage tornadoes?

If you live in ny I can understand why you didn't like the move.

Garbage twisters yes!

I also remember OJ Simpson getting hit with snowballs as he went over 2000 yds for the season.

Garbage twisters yes!

I also remember OJ Simpson getting hit with snowballs as he went over 2000 yds for the season.

They had some cool halftime shows too. The dog and the frisbee. And the guy with the remote airplane that crashed into the stands and killed a patriots fan.

Wow 73? Damn man. My first game was home opener in 78 against dolphins. Garo yapremian was still on the team. Wesley walker caught 3tds and the jets were victorious

He was born into controlling that 9 billion dollar trust though, right? He has no actual accomplishments other than that.

I dont want to get into a back and forth about what he did or did not do except to say that turning that trust into 9 billion (Was less than 500 million when he took over) is no small feat and ensuring that it benefits Americans only instead of things like growing corn in Africa like Howard Buffet (Warrens son) and Bill Gates are obsessed with sits pretty well with me. 

Agree with most of what you say here except giving Hess credit for moving the Jets to NJ and the Giants Stadium makes no sense. I hated him for it.

At the time myself and any NYJ fans we knew would have preferred that they stayed at Shea vs moving into Giants Stadium as second class renters.

Sh!t hole or not, at least Shea was our sh!t hole and not the Giants home stadium.

Shea wasn't our sh*thole. Shea was the Mets' sh*thole. So much so that the Jets barely played any home games before mid-October when they played there and had to sue to play the few they were allowed to. 

They had some cool halftime shows too. The dog and the frisbee. And the guy with the remote airplane that crashed into the stands and killed a patriots fan.

Wow 73? Damn man. My first game was home opener in 78 against dolphins. Garo yapremian was still on the team. Wesley walker caught 3tds and the jets were victorious

Oh yes , remember that one well. One that sticks in my mind was watching Terry Bradshaw in his last start ever destroying my Jets. He was washed up but still looked great that day throwing the ball all over the field.

Shea wasn't our sh*thole. Shea was the Mets' sh*thole. So much so that the Jets barely played any home games before mid-October when they played there and had to sue to play the few they were allowed to. 

So playing in a stadium,in another state that said GIANTS STADIUM on the top for all the world to read was better?

Cmon man.

Shea was a sh*thole built for the Mets. You werent going to get them to change home game dates (could they even do that if they wanted to?) for the sake of the Jets. I think you live in Florida. Did you even spend any time in Shea?

So playing in a stadium,in another state that said GIANTS STADIUM on the top for all the world to read was better?

Cmon man.

Shea was a sh*thole built for the Mets. You werent going to get them to change home game dates (could they even do that if they wanted to?) for the sake of the Jets. I think you live in Florida. Did you even spend any time in Shea?

I grew up in North Jersey. I started going to games at Shea in 77. Oakland makes room for the Raiders to play home games in Sept. They used to do the same in St. Louis, Philly and about 10 other cities where they had "multipurpose" stadiums. Only the Jets had to suffer the indignity of not playing at "home" for the first 3rd to half of the season because the Mets treated them like garbage. Based on that alone, no self-respecting Jets fan should ever root for the Mets. 

And yes, Giants Stadium was better. The facility blew away Shea, the bathrooms weren't overflowing by halftime, you didn't have Jets buzzing over ever 30 seconds and it was only 15 minutes from my house. 

Structure is different. I like literally nothing better about the new stadium, other than the lack of the Giants Stadium name on it, but I thought I remembered the lowest cost Jets PSLs being lower than corresponding ones for the Giants.

And the new stadium sucks for all. I know a few Giants fans who gave up their tickets & don't like the new stadium either.

What's wrong with the stadium?

I grew up in North Jersey. I started going to games at Shea in 77. Oakland makes room for the Raiders to play home games in Sept. They used to do the same in St. Louis, Philly and about 10 other cities where they had "multipurpose" stadiums. Only the Jets had to suffer the indignity of not playing at "home" for the first 3rd to half of the season because the Mets treated them like garbage. Based on that alone, no self-respecting Jets fan should ever root for the Mets. 

And yes, Giants Stadium was better. The facility blew away Shea, the bathrooms weren't overflowing by halftime, you didn't have Jets buzzing over ever 30 seconds and it was only 15 minutes from my house. 

Says the guy who grew up in NJ 15 minutes from GIANTS stadium. ☺

What's wrong with the stadium?

It's overpriced, the parking sucks (compounded by the empty monstrosity next door taking up what could have been easy parking for all), the food in the upper deck is pathetically mediocre, and the NJ Transit setup they developed is wildly inefficient. Not to mention that whoever designed the thing looks like they developed it when they were drunk and craving diner food one night.

A relative works for one of the Mara businesses. In fairness there have been several instances of knucklheaded behavior like a fight with a n Eagles fan on the NYSE floor. But moslty they stay in the background. And I personally met Jon Tisch one afternoon during the aftermath of Sandy. May be he is a monster(really it was but one moment) but on this occasion anyway he could not have been nicer to my Mom  and put a smile on her face if only for a moment during a horrible time.None of these people feel compelled to be nearly as out front and bigmouthed as Johnson.Having a pile of money and some Lombardis probably helps, but ther does seem to be part of Woody Johnson that wants to be front and center all the time. And it's a mistake.

As to the stadium-between enviromentalists and the Dolans, the West Side thing was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. NEVER. And someone with half a brain would've known that without wasting all that time and energy and either made common cause with the Jints from the beginning or sought a site near Shea in Queens. Again, more proof our owner is a goddamn dope.   

The Mara's are basically the Kennedys. They love the attention.

Says the guy who grew up in NJ 15 minutes from GIANTS stadium. ☺

Dude, the game experience at the Meadowlands was 1000 times better than Shea. It was had better sight lines, better parking, better everything. 

The whole second class citizen thing really only exists in the minds of some Jets fans and Giants fans exploit it. 

I was born in the Bronx, grew up in North Jersey, went to college in South Jersey. I've lived in South Carolina, Texas and Florida. The only place where this is an issue for anyone is the New York area. I know people who are die-hard football fans from different parts of the country who never even realized that the Jets played in the same stadium as the Giants, probably because CBS always referred to it as "The Meadowlands" when the Jets were playing. 

When you get over your own inferiority complex and look at it objectively, the game day experience at the Meadowlands blew away Shea. 

It's overpriced, the parking sucks (compounded by the empty monstrosity next door taking up what could have been easy parking for all), the food in the upper deck is pathetically mediocre, and the NJ Transit setup they developed is wildly inefficient. Not to mention that whoever designed the thing looks like they developed it when they were drunk and craving diner food one night.

The arena is still there? What on earth for? 

Dude, the game experience at the Meadowlands was 1000 times better than Shea. It was had better sight lines, better parking, better everything. 

The whole second class citizen thing really only exists in the minds of some Jets fans and Giants fans exploit it. 

I was born in the Bronx, grew up in North Jersey, went to college in South Jersey. I've lived in South Carolina, Texas and Florida. The only place where this is an issue for anyone is the New York area. I know people who are die-hard football fans from different parts of the country who never even realized that the Jets played in the same stadium as the Giants, probably because CBS always referred to it as "The Meadowlands" when the Jets were playing. 

When you get over your own inferiority complex and look at it objectively, the game day experience at the Meadowlands blew away Shea. 

TMI on the klecko biography. how old were you when you lost your virginity to JiF?

Archived