Chris Johnson's a Jet

BroadwayJets

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 years...that is what I thought it would be. Let's see how the money is structured (total and guaranteed amount).

LL

2 year in the NFL is one with a team option. This just means hes guaranteed a spot this year barring nothing being gauranteed.

Johnson will be our feature back. Ivory will be used in short yardage situations and as the primary backup. Powell will get a few touches, not many. Goodson will be cut. They will draft a RB to compete for a roster spot.

This could happen. I was thinking that Ivory could be the starter, Johnson would see the field on 2nd and mid and obviously 3rd and long, 

hot_sign.jpgJets | Sign Chris Johnson

Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:29:09 -0700

The New York Jets signed RB Chris Johnson (Titans) to a two-year deal Wednesday, April 16. Financial terms were not disclosed.

FANTASY TIP: It is fair to consider Johnson a fantasy football RB3 or flex option at this point. Chris Ivory is likely to be used in short-yardage and third-down situations and Bilal Powell could see time as the goal-line back. There is a lot going on in the back field and all three should be downgraded.

Comment | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter | Share: facebook.png 

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2z50quB5F

This could happen. I was thinking that Ivory could be the starter, Johnson would see the field on 2nd and mid and obviously 3rd and long, 

Could be. It will be interesting to see. I know he's older now but Johnson has been a feature back his entire career, including last year, so I think he will at least be a primary back here. Ivory was a primary back last year but not a feature back as Powell got a ton of touches and Ivory would sit for quarters at a time. Ivory is also more specialized, whereas Johnson is more versatile which is another reason why I believe CJ will be the primary back.

Could be. It will be interesting to see. I know he's older now but Johnson has been a feature back his entire career, including last year, so I think he will at least be a primary back here. Ivory was a primary back last year but not a feature back as Powell got a ton of touches and Ivory would sit for quarters at a time. Ivory is also more specialized, whereas Johnson is more versatile which is another reason why I believe CJ will be the primary back.

He very well could be the starter. Its not like the guy has lost a step and when it comes to the running game our O'line is better than the Titans. We've never had a RB like Johnson before with his talent and speed to get to the edge. 

This will be a fun year to watch. 

Archived