Chris Johnson's a Jet

BroadwayJets

Great signing told you all last night this would happen today................

Cimini: Our man @NotoriousOHM tells me that Chris Johnson is attending Knicks-Nets in Brooklyn. Good sign for Jets? @nyj

Chris Johnson will sign a deal tomorrow  he will be a Jet.

Remember who said it.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he can't wear #28.

I'm guessing #24 just so when he runs by Revis we can all get a good laugh.

I think he will wear #25. He had #5 in college so 25 is just my educated guess with 28 being unavailable. Alex Green most likely won't make the roster with him on the team. boy I can't wait till madden comes out!

Great signing told you all last night this would happen today................

Cimini: Our man @NotoriousOHM tells me that Chris Johnson is attending Knicks-Nets in Brooklyn. Good sign for Jets? @nyj

Chris Johnson will sign a deal tomorrow  he will be a Jet.

Remember who said it.

I remember.

Idzik, 2014 NFL exec of the year.

Where are the haters now.

No where to be f'ing found. 

A week into FA they were bitching about his signings or lack of signings. 1 month later this dude has signed the best WR (available at the time), QB, and now the best RB in FA...and (until CJ2K's numbers come out) did it in a fiscally responsible way. 

The two best choices that Woody would have ever made as the Jets owner is signing Idzik GM while making sure that he kept Rex as the HC. 

I'm still sketchy about this from a financial standpoint, but the football fan in me is pretty excited. Johnson was a damn exciting player to watch for a very long time and if he has a season left in the tank we are probably in for some very entertaining Sundays.

He is something we havent had in a long time.  I know Rex will get the most out of him, so that I'm not worried about.  I just liked our stable of backs...but none of them can do what CJ can.  I'm excited because the dude is electric. 

CJ2K, Decker, get a WR in the draft, Vick pushes Geno, Winters and Cumby take bigs steps...the Jets might have an offense.  Weird, I know.

He very well could be the starter. Its not like the guy has lost a step and when it comes to the running game our O'line is better than the Titans. We've never had a RB like Johnson before with his talent and speed to get to the edge. 

This will be a fun year to watch. 

Yes it will.

And with 12 picks he can afford to trade up and grab Evans. If he does that Geno will look like he is back at WVU.

He is something we havent had in a long time.  I know Rex will get the most out of him, so that I'm not worried about.  I just liked our stable of backs...but none of them can do what CJ can.  I'm excited because the dude is electric. 

CJ2K, Decker, get a WR in the draft, Vick pushes Geno, Winters and Cumby take bigs steps...the Jets might have an offense.  Weird, I know.

I really like our RB crop for the first time in a while now. Ivory is good, but always an injury risk and Powell is a solid guy. At worst, if CJ2K is finished and has nothing in the tank, then who cares cause we didn't mortgage a draft pick or long-term contract on him. It's low risk-high reward. I'm down with it. Plus, we haven't had a real home run threat in a long while OR a guy who can catch the football since LT. I'm happy about this and hope he's healthy this season.

Funny, but just as they announce the Jets signing CJ, ESPN's NFL Live is doing a story on the diminishing role of the RB in the NFL-of course right AFTER the 16 millionth story on the greatness of Peyton and the "QB-driven league" that it has become... 

Yes it will.

And with 12 picks he can afford to trade up and grab Evans. If he does that Geno will look like he is back at WVU.

Oh goodness no. I like Evans don't get me wrong, but the level of talent at the WR position would keep me from moving up. Evans size is intriguing but many guys his size bust when they get to the league for some reason. Im not saying he's bust potential, what I'm saying is that we can get a quality guy who could be an eventual #1 in the first 2 to 3 rounds for sure. Lee, Cooks, Beckham in the 1st, Matthews and Richardson in the 2nd rd, Bryant and Latimer in the 3rd round. 

If we move up in the draft it better not be for a WR, it better be for a Khalil Mack or something. If Cooks, Lee and Beckham are gone by 18 we should trade back and load up on 2nd and 3rd round picks. 

Oh goodness no. I like Evans don't get me wrong, but the level of talent at the WR position would keep me from moving up. Evans size is intriguing but many guys his size bust when they get to the league for some reason. Im not saying he's bust potential, what I'm saying is that we can get a quality guy who could be an eventual #1 in the first 2 to 3 rounds for sure. Lee, Cooks, Beckham in the 1st, Matthews and Richardson in the 2nd rd, Bryant and Latimer in the 3rd round. 

If we move up in the draft it better not be for a WR, it better be for a Khalil Mack or something. If Cooks, Lee and Beckham are gone by 18 we should trade back and load up on 2nd and 3rd round picks. 

Matthews has a lot of drops FCS. Evans is literally open every single play. 

I really like our RB crop for the first time in a while now. Ivory is good, but always an injury risk and Powell is a solid guy. At worst, if CJ2K is finished and has nothing in the tank, then who cares cause we didn't mortgage a draft pick or long-term contract on him. It's low risk-high reward. I'm down with it. Plus, we haven't had a real home run threat in a long while OR a guy who can catch the football since LT. I'm happy about this and hope he's healthy this season.

He fits the scheme.  Shifty, home run hitter who can catch.  He'll help Geno in that regards too.  I like it. 

His 42 catches would have been good for 2nd most on the Jets, behind Kerley with 43. And his 4 receiving TD's would have tied Cumby for the most receiving TD's.  sad but true.  So yeah, this is a good thing.

I'm still sketchy about this from a financial standpoint, but the football fan in me is pretty excited. Johnson was a damn exciting player to watch for a very long time and if he has a season left in the tank we are probably in for some very entertaining Sundays.

If they gave him his 2 for 10 they're still 18M under. I doubt the whole thing is guaranteed so are you really worried about possibly losing $2M in 2015 worst case scenario?

Archived