If Bridgewater is available at #18, do you take him?

Latinlawyer

No way, we already have a better QB in Geno

dude, they are paying Vick 5 mil this year to start. Geno is streaky. 

Jets Plan could be Vick starts, plays awesome, gets hurt (cause that always happens) and Geno rides a hot streak into playoffs.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets Plan could be Vick starts, plays awesome, gets hurt (cause that always happens) and Geno rides a hot streak into playoffs.

Or do like the Eagles and Seahawks did--bring in a bunch of rookies and vets and hope you get a Foles to emerge from the pack.

I think they got an old guy near the end to indicate to Geno that even if Vick does start, which might not even happen, that Geno will still get his chance.

Vick will only be on this team for one year- you still will need another QB for the future either as a challenger to start or as capable replacement. But no I would not take him at 18- see if we can get some team to give up something for that pick that is desperate

Did you just subliminally mention Jimmy Garoppolo? I think u did.

Amazing that Teddy Bridgewater, a consensus (not perennial) #1 pick only a few months ago is now sliding down the first round...If he is available at #18, do you think The Jets Take him?

Personally, I would try and trade back for more picks but in lieu of that, if Bridewater is the BAP, you take him.

LL

You do not take Teddy Bridgewater. You draft David Fales in the 4th round and be proud that you just drafted the next Russell Wilson

Yes - we would have to jump all over Bridgewater because we now have the best receiving corp's in the NFL and have so many quality Defensive Backs that we don't know where to put them all.

But most importantly we need to do that because it is a 100% certain, lead pipe cinch that Teddy could never, ever, in a million years, turn out like:

Giovanni Carmazzi

Rex Grossman

J.P. Losman

Matt Leinart

JaMarcus Russell

Cade McNown

Ryan Leaf

Brady Quinn

Akili Smith

Mark Sanchez

Saw the "30 for  30" about the year Brady was drafted.Depressing as hell Pennington among the 6 guys taken i/f/o Brady had the best career among them, and that numerous shoulder surgeries basically ruined him.

"Gio Carmazzi lives on a farm in norhern California, He is a yoga enthusiast who owns 5 goats but does not own a TV. He refused to be interviewed for this program". Met a lot of people who went to Hofstra, but none other who could be so described.

Bridgewater will still go in the top ten and is definitely still worthy of it. Gun to my head I think he goes to Oakland, but all of this strikes me as kinda normal draft day jitters from the media. This isn't a Brian Brohm scenario where the dude all of a sudden couldn't throw at all.

I keep hearing the savage kids name.  It will be interesting to see what happens to him.  funny how the talking heads just start moving these guys up and down in april.

I think itsit's just that, talking heads. David Fales looks like a true sleeper as well as Brett Smith. I think David Fales is a 2nd round talent this year. 

Bridgewater will still go in the top ten and is definitely still worthy of it. Gun to my head I think he goes to Oakland, but all of this strikes me as kinda normal draft day jitters from the media. This isn't a Brian Brohm scenario where the dude all of a sudden couldn't throw at all.

I think the Geno Smith parallels COUGH may cost him, especially if he's soft-talking his way through interviews with meathead GMs.

I think the Geno Smith parallels COUGH may cost him, especially if he's soft-talking his way through interviews with meathead GMs.

He's a mediocre prospect like Geno was. Unless you plan on starting him from day 1, there's no reason to take him that early. You want positive production out of your first pick from day 1....Bridgewater isn't a long term savior type of QB. Those guys are rare....and teams seem to be smartening up from taking a QB just because you need one.

Comparisons are usually generated on physical build and athleticism and they're really done for nothing more than entertainment, but regardless beyond those two things I do not think they're very similar, and from what I've seen from most of the reputable draft outlets it doesn't look like too much credence is being given to that comparison. I'm not sure how much credit to give to the interview rumors and what guys like Mort or Schefter relay from administrations, they're conflicting and pre-draft obfuscation is pretty much the norm in the age of Internet. If anything is really going to knock him out of the top five it's going to be his arm strength and I doubt that's enough to knock him out of the top ten. This is a guy that has checked out for quite a while now and to a much higher degree than Smith did.

I think itsit's just that, talking heads. David Fales looks like a true sleeper as well as Brett Smith. I think David Fales is a 2nd round talent this year. 

I actually think Fales is in for quite a slide come draft day, he just doesn't seem like he has an NFL arm.  Then again I still think Manziel has an average arm at best and I've read many saying it's a plus arm, so who knows. 

I actually think Fales is in for quite a slide come draft day, he just doesn't seem like he has an NFL arm.  Then again I still think Manziel has an average arm at best and I've read many saying it's a plus arm, so who knows. 

It's a plus arm. The question with Manziel has always been whether or not he'll be able to figure out how the NFL works. I'm of the opinion that he will simply because he was under an insane amount of scrutiny this past season and he still delivered under the lights. But I think it became very obvious this past year that he was capable of making all the throws. It's actually pretty crazy, at least in my observations, how underrated both Bridgewater and Manziel have become. They're both very good quarterback prospects by most of the standards, and the areas in which either are lacking are entirely coachable.

He could be in for a slide, half the time I don't know what scouts are looking at on the field or on film anyway. Honestly, the only tape that I was more impressed with than David Fales was Teddy Bridgewater's. I know some people would slap me for that statement but I'm serious. This kid is good. I don't want to come off like this kid is the "real deal". Im just saying that I really liked what I seen from him. I've heard about him not having the strongest arm, yet from his game tape all I see is him not only making the throw but hitting the WR's in stride more often than not. The kid is highly accurate with great ball placement. Im talking back shoulder throws, the whole 9. And he makes very good decisions and he has nice pocket presence. Look at the guy when in the pocket how he avoids rushers yet keeps his head down field. He also picks up the blitz very well pre snap shifting his position to help the blockers in front of him or taking the yards given to him with his feet. 

IMO if David Fales is sliding its only because he went to SJSU and not a Flordia or Ohio St. You've probably seen it but if not he has 10 games online that shows all his throws from the games. check them out. 

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/david-fales/#player-vids

He could be in for a slide, half the time I don't know what scouts are looking at on the field or on film anyway. Honestly, the only tape that I was more impressed with than David Fales was Teddy Bridgewater's. I know some people would slap me for that statement but I'm serious. This kid is good. I don't want to come off like this kid is the "real deal". Im just saying that I really liked what I seen from him. I've heard about him not having the strongest arm, yet from his game tape all I see is him not only making the throw but hitting the WR's in stride more often than not. The kid is highly accurate with great ball placement. Im talking back shoulder throws, the whole 9. And he makes very good decisions and he has nice pocket presence. Look at the guy when in the pocket how he avoids rushers yet keeps his head down field. He also picks up the blitz very well pre snap shifting his position to help the blockers in front of him or taking the yards given to him with his feet. 

IMO if David Fales is sliding its only because he went to SJSU and not a Flordia or Ohio St. You've probably seen it but if not he has 10 games online that shows all his throws from the games. check them out. 

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/david-fales/#player-vids

Fales is not sliding, he's projected fairly because despite a lot of obvious potential he's not playing right away and probably not by year 2 or 3 either.

Fales is not sliding, he's projected fairly because despite a lot of obvious potential he's not playing right away and probably not by year 2 or 3 either.

You could be right. When I hear that he's sliding because he doesn't have the arm it confuses me because its not consistent with what I just watched. He doesn't have a Cam Newton arm, but who does outside of Cam? Fales arm is good enough and his accuracy and ball placement makes up for whatever he's considered not to have. 

You could be right. When I hear that he's sliding because he doesn't have the arm it confuses me because its not consistent with what I just watched. He doesn't have a Cam Newton arm, but who does outside of Cam? Fales arm is good enough and his accuracy and ball placement makes up for whatever he's considered not to have. 

Building up arm strength is a very conditional thing. It's not like Bridgewater's problems where you just need to fix his footwork for driving anything 40+, and you can rely on everything under 40 yards to get you by during the transition. In Fales' instance it is going to take some time. Hence his grade.

Archived