Pauline Reporting That Rex Is All Over Tajh Boyd

RutgersJetFan

Because Goodell has to F with everything.

The draft was the best starting on Saturday, going rounds 1 - 3 and then concluding on Sunday. The only positive I see moving to May is that gives teams more time to prepare for the draft.

I did a little research and found out it wasn't the NFL's fault. there was a scheduling conflict with the venue on the dates the NFL wanted. so it will be back in april next year.

But you're right, rounds 1-3 on saturday afternoon and the rest on sunday was the best. now I cant even stand watching it.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The draft was the best starting on Saturday, going rounds 1 - 3 and then concluding on Sunday. The only positive I see moving to May is that gives teams more time to prepare for the draft.

I did a little research and found out it wasn't the NFL's fault. there was a scheduling conflict with the venue on the dates the NFL wanted. so it will be back in april next year.

But you're right, rounds 1-3 on saturday afternoon and the rest on sunday was the best. now I cant even stand watching it.

Holy crap!!! I actually agree with both PR37 and BP on something. 

I feel so dirty. 

It also gives the rookies less time to prepare for the season.  

I will admit, though, that they improved the timing in between the picks.  It was pretty common for a team to take the full 30 minutes (I think that's what the time limit used to be).  There may be fewer of the more-complicated trades, as 10 minutes isn't always enough time for a team to field an offer and really let it sink in.  But that change is still better now.

The rest of it is crappola, and it seems it's going to get even worse.

fwiw, I've been watching "welcome to the NFl rookie" on NFLN, and in almost every episode there is a sliding guy who says something like "every team told me they liked me and they were going to take me but here I am"

so sperm I think every team tells prospects they like them and will try to take them

• 2 weeks later...

Unless someone tells me this is commonplace, where coaches and GMs tell kids this all the time, I'm long past this practice of Rex's being old.  Why not just hold a press conference and announce it to the league? At what point does he realize that these kids will not all keep this info to themselves.

I secretly hope this is some Machiavellian scheme of Idzik's, where he uses Rex and tells him, "Hey, everyone knows your history.  Here's a list of players we have no interest in.  Go tell them we're definitely drafting them if they're available so someone else takes them instead of someone we're actually interested in drafting."  If only I didn't know how ridiculous that was.  This is Rex announcing another potentially key draft pick.  

I don't know where he's going to go, and he may be there for one of our 6th round compensatory picks, but NFL.com has him projected in the 4th-5th round.  If someone else takes him in that area, I hope Rex's mouth didn't convince someone to pull the trigger on him a round earlier than they'd have liked.

Seriously, what does Rex gain by telling this to a player? In what possible way is this beneficial? He hasn't exactly established himself as the HC that every college QB dreams of playing for.  

XeBE2aE.gif

OK, now that Julia has chimed in and out with the usual schtick, back to the fun:

Now you're missing the point of my comments about you missing the point. No one could possibly care less that Rex likes some sh*tty player we might spend a 6 on. What some of us care about is the fact that for the third year in a row, Rex has basically told a player we're planning on drafting him and then trusted said player to keep it to himself.

x7taJPw.gif

Archived