Same old from the NY Rangers

Matt39

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's the only reason they won a game and the only one to show up each game. That said, this one is over. Rangers don't have the firepower.

He just gave up 4 goals. The guy sitting on the bench could have done that.

He just gave up 4 goals. The guy sitting on the bench could have done that.

No. The guy on the bench would have given up 8. Henrik kept them in the game longer than they could have hoped for. He's getting no help offensively and poor help defensively.

No. The guy on the bench would have given up 8. Henrik kept them in the game longer than they could have hoped for. He's getting no help offensively and poor help defensively.

Never his fault. Got it.

Hey. I'm a Pens fan calling it as I see it. Did he let up some softies? Sure. Doesn't mean he didn't make some great saves tonight. Best player on the ice for them the whole series.

No ones been good. 

Never his fault. Got it.

LOL, now that Melo is as good as gone you have a new NY athlete to hate on.

its remarkable how bad their PP is. Theyre now giving up shorthanded goals.

Do you have a specific example or are you just following the narrative that everyone else is spewing?

And Fleury was the reason the Penguins didn't get swept by Columbus. He was far and away the best Penguin in that series.

In all honesty he was brutal in the Islanders last year and the year before he basically the reason why the Flyers took to them in the first round. 

For whatever reason the first round of the post season has been an issue for him the past couple of years. Once he gets settled in though he make the Fluery that you see in the regular season as you saw last year against Ottawa and now against the Rangers.

The Rangers had a total of 15 shots. Malkin had 14 by himself. The lack of production form Nash, St.Louis and Richards is killing this team. This is Dale Rolf-like passivity.

I was really shocked that the Rangers played as badly as they did last night. Gotta give the Pens credit though. I thought the Rangers could skate with them and I was totally wrong. The Rangers looked nervous out there and it showed in there play with all the turnovers.

Five more years of Nash

Two more years of St.Louis

:suicide2:

In all honesty he was brutal in the Islanders last year and the year before he basically the reason why the Flyers took to them in the first round.

For whatever reason the first round of the post season has been an issue for him the past couple of years. Once he gets settled in though he make the Fluery that you see in the regular season as you saw last year against Ottawa and now against the Rangers.

I don't disagree that he has a flawed past. That's a certainty. But you can't deny he's was one of the biggest reasons they made it to the cup in 08 and won it in 09. But the narrative now is that he's a choker who is vastly overrated. People can't get beyond him and look at the Penguins as a team that is offensive minded first. Those last few seasons the Penguins tried to out score people and were not really focused on the defense. You can see a change in that way of thinking big time this post season.

I don't disagree that he has a flawed past. That's a certainty. But you can't deny he's was one of the biggest reasons they made it to the cup in 08 and won it in 09. But the narrative now is that he's a choker who is vastly overrated. People can't get beyond him and look at the Penguins as a team that is offensive minded first. Those last few seasons the Penguins tried to out score people and were not really focused on the defense. You can see a change in that way of thinking big time this post season.

I totally agree with that

08 and 09 was a long time ago though. 

I think for whatever reason it takes the Penguins a round to get into playoff form. The team we are seeing now is not the same team that played Columbus. Fleury was shaky, they were not playing suffocating defense like they are now. They have made the Rangers pay dearly for their mistakes.

Even when they just throw the puck to the net it goes off a Ranger leg (Staal in this case) and somehow finds it's way to the back of the net.

If the Rangers get this to Sunday I would be stunned. They look like a team that is ready to go play some golf.

LOL, now that Melo is as good as gone you have a new NY athlete to hate on.

its remarkable how bad their PP is. Theyre now giving up shorthanded goals.

His nickname is the King. King of what- not winning playoff games?

His nickname is the King. King of what- not winning playoff games?

Hey, I'm not defending him. It's just funny that you post the same type of posts about him as Melo. When Harvey comes back you can cut - and - paste your Melo/Henrik posts and just change the names. LOL

I never said Fleury was an overrated choker. I said he's capable of being really bad, really quickly, for multiple game stretches. don't be so sensitive. if anything, Penguins fans perpetuate that narrative you talk about more than anyone. they boo Crosby, for God's sake.

as for Lundqvist, it doesn't matter how many goals he lets in if the Rangers can't score any and play piss poor defense on top of that. he's not going to post a shutout every game, no goalie is. I didn't see the Penguins first goal, but of the other three? maybe one was soft-ish. the other two, the Penguins were in front of him, pretty much by themselves.

I never said Fleury was an overrated choker. I said he's capable of being really bad, really quickly, for multiple game stretches. don't be so sensitive. if anything, Penguins fans perpetuate that narrative you talk about more than anyone. they boo Crosby, for God's sake.

as for Lundqvist, it doesn't matter how many goals he lets in if the Rangers can't score any and play piss poor defense on top of that. he's not going to post a shutout every game, no goalie is. I didn't see the Penguins first goal, but of the other three? maybe one was soft-ish. the other two, the Penguins were in front of him, pretty much by themselves.

That's just not true.

John Buccigross@Buccigross8m

Elias: Over the last three playoff years Lundqvist is 9-2 with a 1.35 GAA/955 save % in games the Rangers could have been eliminated

Just posting this for Matt.

The Penguins took their foot off the gas in Game 5 and let the Rags take the momentum. Game 7 should be fun (I hope).

John Buccigross‏@Buccigross8m

Elias: Over the last three playoff years Lundqvist is 9-2 with a 1.35 GAA/955 save % in games the Rangers could have been eliminated

Just posting this for Matt.

The Penguins took their foot off the gas in Game 5 and let the Rags take the momentum. Game 7 should be fun (I hope).

Lets see what the "King" does for Game 7

I'm sure he'll do fine. If the Rangers lose, it won't be on him unless he has a complete meltdown, or sprays people with waterbottles when they're on the ground.

Did that happen in the Rangers game too?

Game 7 tonight. Expect a Pens win...no one wins Game 7's on the road...but Rangers are playing well. Now would be a good time for the King to pitch a donut

Btw...what a bunch of douchebags the Bruins are. Low class.

Archived