Same old from the NY Rangers

Matt39

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one has to go up there with beating the Islanders in 1979, Vanbiesbrouck's great run in 1986 and of course the Cup run in 94 as one of those memorable moments that you don't forget.

How on fire on Lundqvist ? In the last three games he stopped 102 of 105 shots and one of those he didn't stop went in off of his own teammate.

That is what you call "Standing on your head"

I'm gonna enjoy today. Tommorow start getting fired up for the Rangers vs Boston/Montreal.

Glad it's the Habs. Bruins are just an awful match up for Rangers

Montreal is not much better. That place has been a house of horrors for Lundqvist.

Price is just as good in the nets a Lundqvist.

Looks like another long series. If the Rangers are to win they are REALLLY going to need major contributions from Nash and St.Louis.

Montreal is not much better. That place has been a house of horrors for Lundqvist.

Price is just as good in the nets a Lundqvist.

Looks like another long series. If the Rangers are to win they are REALLLY going to need major contributions from Nash and St.Louis.

Yeah, Montreal has been a nightmare for Henrik and Rangers and Price is that good, but the Bruins were such a tough physical match up for Rangers. The Rangers would have been beaten up.

I agree on Nash and St. Louis. They have to perform to win this series.

I'm pulling for the Habs, it brings greater shame to Charles Wang for being too cheap to get a return on Vanek

if Wang was capable of feeling shame, the Rangers being in the conference finals for the second time in three? four? years while his franchise is again advertising their draft party would be enough to shame him.

ETA: and I'm pulling for the Habs too, because bleh, Rangers.

OK everything clicked yesterday-pressure Montreal defense instead of letting them use their speed

Catiously optimistic. Leave it at that, but yesterday was almost unprecdented in series between the Habs and Rangers. Spare 1996 pretty much the Habs in my lifetime have kicked the Rangers' asses.

Carey Price out for rest of series
Updated: May 19, 2014, 11:41 AM ET
By Katie Strang | ESPNNewYork.com

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price is out for the remainder of the Eastern Conference finals against the New York Rangers, coach Michel Therrien told reporters Monday morning.

[+] Enlarge
Justin K. Aller/Getty ImagesMontreal goalie Carey Price suffered an apparent lower-body injury in the Canadiens' 7-2 loss in Game 1.

"We've lost our best player, but we've faced adversity this year already," Therrien said.

Price suffered an apparent lower-body injury in Montreal's series-opening 7-2 loss Saturday after a collision with Rangers forward Chris Kreider.

Though Price continued to play after the contact, he was pulled after two periods, during which he surrendered four goals on 20 shots.

Several Canadiens players, and Therrien, were upset about Kreider's actions on the play, insisting he did not do enough to avoid contact.

Therrien called it a "reckless play" Monday in his pregame press briefing from the team's practice facility in Brossard, Quebec.

"I'm really disappointed," Therrien said. "Obviously he's our best player. Looking at the incident, it's a reckless play. That's the truth."

Therrien told reporters that he has made a decision on who would start in net for Game 2 but did not wish to make it public.

The Canadiens could go with backup Peter Budaj, who relieved Price for the third period of Game 1 and gave up three goals on five shots, or 24-year-old Dustin Tokarski, who played 41 games for the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League this season.

Neither goaltender was made available to the media Monday morning.

Carey Price out for rest of series
Updated: May 19, 2014, 11:41 AM ET
By Katie Strang | ESPNNewYork.com

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price is out for the remainder of the Eastern Conference finals against the New York Rangers, coach Michel Therrien told reporters Monday morning.

[+] Enlarge
Justin K. Aller/Getty ImagesMontreal goalie Carey Price suffered an apparent lower-body injury in the Canadiens' 7-2 loss in Game 1.

"We've lost our best player, but we've faced adversity this year already," Therrien said.

Price suffered an apparent lower-body injury in Montreal's series-opening 7-2 loss Saturday after a collision with Rangers forward Chris Kreider.

Though Price continued to play after the contact, he was pulled after two periods, during which he surrendered four goals on 20 shots.

Several Canadiens players, and Therrien, were upset about Kreider's actions on the play, insisting he did not do enough to avoid contact.

Therrien called it a "reckless play" Monday in his pregame press briefing from the team's practice facility in Brossard, Quebec.

"I'm really disappointed," Therrien said. "Obviously he's our best player. Looking at the incident, it's a reckless play. That's the truth."

Therrien told reporters that he has made a decision on who would start in net for Game 2 but did not wish to make it public.

The Canadiens could go with backup Peter Budaj, who relieved Price for the third period of Game 1 and gave up three goals on five shots, or 24-year-old Dustin Tokarski, who played 41 games for the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League this season.

Neither goaltender was made available to the media Monday morning.

Lundqvist and Kreider better keeps their heads up tonight. This one can get ugly real fast.

Kings or Hawks will be a tall order. That one Hank save was Hasek esque

Yeah, both will be tough. For the Cup, Im going by heart so I dont care who's the better team.

That was definitely a Dominator type save. Its weird with Hank. I think in some non game 7 close out games he mentally coasts. Only way to explain 0-4 with 5+ GAA before this 1-0 gem.

Archived