Jameis Winston nabbed for shoplifting food.

Kleckineau

Sucker really must have been hungry. The Raiders may still want him.

http://news.yahoo.com/heisman-winner-winston-accused-taking-crab-legs-193259509--spt.html;_ylt=A0LEVys2aWFTb24A2TBXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0Y2dsNml2BHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM5Nl8x

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida State's Heisman Trophy quarterback Jameis Winston was issued a civil citation after sheriff's deputies said he walked out of a supermarket without paying for $32 worth of crab legs and crawfish.

The 20-year-old Winston ordered the food at the deli in a Tallahassee-area Publix on Tuesday night, Leon County Sheriff's Maj. Michael Wood said Wednesday. After receiving the order, he left the store without paying.

Wood said Publix employees called deputies, who went to Winston's apartment. Wood said Winston acknowledged not paying for the food, saying he forgot.

After consulting with Publix managers, deputies issued Winston a civil citation that will require him to complete at least 20 hours of community service. If he does that, no criminal charges will be filed. He will also likely have to pay restitution.

"The facts are not in dispute," Wood said. "He left without paying."  

Wood said Winston was cooperative.

FILE - In this March 2, 2014, file photo, Florida State relief pitcher Jameis Winston sits in the du …

"He indicated to the deputies he had forgotten and when he got home he realized that he had not paid, but in fact he had made no effort to contact Publix or return to pay prior to the deputies' arrival" three hours after Winston left the store, Wood said.

Winston issued a statement through his lawyer saying he had intended to pay, "but made a terrible mistake for which I'm taking full responsibility. In a moment of youthful ignorance, I walked out of the store without paying for one of my items.

"I realize that I am in the public spotlight and my conduct needs to be above reproach."

The 6-foot-4, 235-pound Winston led Florida State to an undefeated season and national football championship. For the season, he passed for more than 4,000 yards and 40 touchdowns, completing nearly 67 percent of his throws.

Florida State baseball coach Mike Martin suspended Winston indefinitely until he completes the program. Winston is a relief pitcher for the Seminoles. Football coach Jimbo Fisher said in a statement that he supports Martin's decision.

Winston was cleared in December of potential sexual assault charges by State Attorney Willie Meggs, who concluded there were too many gaps in the accuser's story. Meggs said that the woman's memory was faulty and that there was not enough evidence of a crime to win a conviction.

Someone get this kid a mentor or full time assistant before he totally destroys his career

What he needs a lackey. I'll throw on a scuba suit and get him crabs right from the trap if I can just hang at his house, drink beer and play Xbox when he gets drafted.

FSU used to stand for "Free Shoes University" when Laveranues Coles and Peter Warrick went there, but is it now "Free Snowcrabs University" with Jameis Winston?

Damn....Peter Warrick.....that kid was suppose to be something...think he was like a top 5 draft pick too.  Perfect reminder on why you shouldnt trade up in the 1st round for a WR. 

Archived