Who do you want?

BroadwayJets

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks thinks the Jets are "pushing for me."

"It's been big time," Cooks said of the Jets' interest. "We've been talking a lot on and off." If GM John Idzik ends up staying at No. 18, the speedy Cooks would make plenty of sense as an underneath complement to new top target Eric Decker. Cooks has also been recently linked to the Chiefs, who hold the 23rd overall pick.

this pick would make a ton of sense

i am predicting Gilbert but hoping for Cooks

The "tons of picks" are all on the third day of the draft. Three-quarters of the Jets picks will take place on Saturday. That's not ammo to move up in the first round. Those moves take a second or third round pick - which is exactly the kind of move the Jets can't afford to make in a deep draft. At a bare minimum, they need to keep their top three picks. Ideally, they'd trade down and add a pick or two in the top 100.

You trade up in a weak draft. This isn't a weak draft. It's difficult (if not impossible) to come up with a draft day scenario that results in the Jets being unable to draft a potential day one starter at #18.

I'm cautiously optimistic that last year will serve as a guide to this year, and Idzik will stand pat (or attempt to trade down) and take advantage of the talent available to him. If he does attempt to trade up, I hope his miserly negotiation tactics result in either a fantastic deal - or no deal at all.

Damn I hate it when you're right.  I'm just desperate for a top flight corner after being spoiled by Revis for many years.  Fine give me Keith McGill, CB, Utah,   Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska,   Marcus Roberson*, CB, Florida, Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty  or  Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood  then in round 3 or 4 ......we need another corner.  What worries me though with all those late 'tons of pics' we have was Idzik's draft report card last year.  Idzik's picks after the top 2 have been washouts with the exception of trading the 4th for Ivory.  I despise Eugene and Winters and the other late picks have been total washouts. 

But this could be attributed to what was a 'weak' draft last year.  This year that talent level is through the roof so perhaps (clenching my teeth) you're right.             

Archived