Rapoport tweets Jets looking to trade up (MERGED)

TnT

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) tweeted at 6:45pm - 6 May 14:

Mentioned earlier the #Jets are looking to trade up. Their target is the Top 10, and I’m told they are very hot on #LSU WR Odell Beckham. (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/463811764388237312)

If they arent trading up into the top 10 for a WR named Evans...then WTF!

....oooorrrr this is a smokescreen in the draft game. GO IDZIK!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If true, doesn't seem worth it to me. Probably not true though.

^^^^ I can't for after the draft when, in the course of bitching about how little Idzik did to build the team in your image, you accuse him of not "doing whatever it takes" to get whoever it is you'll decide later we should have traded up for.

This guy cannot be a top 10 pick. Laughable. Just the jets trying to get him picked earlier so someone possibly falls to them

This.

I just dont see it.

^^^^ I can't for after the draft when, in the course of bitching about how little Idzik did to build the team in your image, you accuse him of not "doing whatever it takes" to get whoever it is you'll decide later we should have traded up for.

Not going to happen in the draft. I don't care if he trades down. Hope he doesn't trade up though. I will continue to bash him for not putting the best (or anywhere close to the best) product on the field in 2014.

Also, STFU.

I really don't see a need for trading up in the first round, but if they do it I hope it's for a WR. I like Beckham Jr. and hope we land him somehow, but I'm nervous about trading up to accomplish that. Unfortunately, I see a run on WRs going before we pick so that might be where this trade-up talk is based on.

Cleveland is supposedly very high on Evans. Could be smokescreens but that particular one has been making the rounds to a really high degree.

My guess is that if we did trade up it certainly wouldn't be any higher than 8 or 9.

Which is right where you-know-who is supposed to land.

WHY DO I TORTURE MYSELF

Which is right where you-know-who is supposed to land.

WHY DO I TORTURE MYSELF

Yeah, I should have added an addendum to that. I think Minnesota would only move from that spot if Bridgewater was off before them. My guess is that it's Buffalo anyways. If they can't strike a deal with St. Louis my money would be on them looking to move back.

I'm sure Idzik just let it slip, you know, accidentally that he wants to trade up.. And since he's such a gum-flapper, he probably mentioned what round he wants to trade into, and the exact player he's targeting.  Because you know that crazy Izzy, he just loves to share information.

If true, doesn't seem worth it to me. Probably not true though.

It isn't worth it. The only WR that I feel is worth a top 10 pick is Mike Evans. Not that I'm don't like Sammy Watkins, I'm just not intrigued by him. Mike Evans just stands out and commands attention. If the Jets move up into the top 10 I won't like it, but if they do it better be for Mike Evans or it will be a complete failure. 

Archived