The Official Draft Thread (1st Round)

Maxman

It is finnnnnnnaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyyyy here.  Not sure I believe that the Jets will be trading up.  If they stand at 18 I think it will be a CB because that is where the best value will be at that point in time.  If they move up, it will be WR.  I am not buying any of this QB stuff.

But enjoy the draft everyone!

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is finnnnnnnaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyyyy here.  Not sure I believe that the Jets will be trading up.  If they stand at 18 I think it will be a CB because that is where the best value will be at that point in time.  If they move up, it will be WR.  I am not buying any of this QB stuff.

My exact thoughts, if we dont tradeup (for a WR or TE Ebron) I think its Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State at 18. If he's gone a possible trade down, deep draft.

My exact thoughts, if we dont tradeup I think its Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State .If he's gone a possible trade down ,deep draft.

Dennard is a popular choice by many.  They face so many top passing offenses this year Idzik is on the clock for a corner.  Unless he has a trade up his sleeve he needs to address the position.

Dennard is a popular choice by many.  They face so many top passing offenses this year Idzik is on the clock for a corner.  Unless he has a trade up his sleeve he needs to address the position.

yup, the kick in ass will be if we pass on trading up thinking Dennard will be at 18 and he is gone. 

Lots of noise about Bortles possibly being available at #18 if he gets past Minnesota at #8. Its crazy, thank God that the Draft is finally here. I hope they keep it as an April event for next year.

LL

Yes I think they will move it back to April.  Crazy that Radio City booked another event, the NFL got bumped, and the other event never happened anyway.  WOW.

Yes I think they will move it back to April.  Crazy that Radio City booked another event, the NFL got bumped, and the other event never happened anyway.  WOW.

commish said yesterday thinking of moving it out 1 to 2 more weeks next year LOL

commish said yesterday thinking of moving it out 1 to 2 more weeks next year LOL

Yeah trying to milk it as much as they can-they are pissing off the hard core fans but they do not care

Hi Max,

Yeah, the rockettes easter show failed to sell tix so they nixed it. Terrible,  I am in favor of rotating the location for the draft if it means that it will move back to April.

LL

westhoff made a good argument on the radio today for a corner in rd 1 and a WR in rd 2 based on the talent drop off after dennard and gilbert in relation to the jets need at corner.  he said he thinks the jets like gilbert over dennard

makes sense to me

westhoff made a good argument on the radio today for a corner in rd 1 and a WR in rd 2 based on the talent drop off after dennard and gilbert in relation to the jets need at corner.  he said he thinks the jets like gilbert over dennard

makes sense to me

Gilbert not making it to 18

Gilbert not making it to 18

I think they may take any of gilbert, dennard or fuller if they want to go CB

Clinton-Dix is my prediction.

nobody is talking safety, it may be because that is what they really want to do.  it makes sense if you see what the hawks safeties look like compared to the jets

Today we find out if Idzik is the real deal on draft day, I think (hope) he will do great, I dont even remember the last time the Jets had a chance at getting so many picks...this is awesome.

I don't think we'll actually find out today.  :lol:

12 picks but not enough early picks to trade up without shooting themselves in the foot.   Tell you who will trade up... the 49ers.  6 choices in the first 100 picks and a team that is already loaded.  

They better move it back and also keep it at Radio City.  My biorhythms are way off, man.  

Why can't we just start the draft and call out the names like it used to be?

Do we have to try and dramatize everything?

4 hours of pre-shows, player announcements, more days ... God, I hate this.

Count your blessings. Over here, Sky spent more time talking about Jacksonville's cheerleaders in London than the draft. In fact they've now only just started talking about who'll be picked where.

Archived