The Official Draft Thread (1st Round)

Maxman

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think Pryor was a extremely solid pick. We are just stacking the talent and finding the pieces. Be optimistic for once damn it.

how can you not like a football player who knocks the snot out of people ?

the louisville slugger !!!!!!!!!

the jets were 8-8 last year.   they are a S, CB, and WR away from competing this season.     the Safety is taken car of and now they have 11 picks to fill 2 holes and build depth at OL and LB.   

I am still pissed they passed on Manziel, would have liked to see them roll the dice.  

thing is they were able to get the number 1 prospect at his position at #18. top wr and top cb were gone

and pryor is a human truck stick

I freely admit I know little about the draft class other than generalities I've read. And the draft is supposed to be stupid-deep at WR. It's silly to take the 4th WR off the board with our round 1 pick when the position is 3 rounds deep and there (allegedly) isn't much dropoff from the #4 to #9 WR (or the top few TEs after Ebron).

All the same, I hope this kid is the studbeast he looked like in clips. Because it's round 1 and he IS a safety.

top safety in the draft at 18? i'm sure he was probably #1 or #2 on our board out of the players not taken yet

I freely admit I know little about the draft class other than generalities I've read. And the draft is supposed to be stupid-deep at WR. It's silly to take the 4th WR off the board with our round 1 pick when the position is 3 rounds deep and there (allegedly) isn't much dropoff from the #4 to #9 WR (or the top few TEs after Ebron).

All the same, I hope this kid is the studbeast he looked like in clips. Because it's round 1 and he IS a safety.

I'm with you.

Game is different now though... safeties change franchises. 

the jets were 8-8 last year.   they are a S, CB, and WR away from competing this season.     the Safety is taken car of and now they have 11 picks to fill 2 holes and build depth at OL and LB.   

I am still pissed they passed on Manziel, would have liked to see them roll the dice.  

There is a philosophical problem with this franchise which tis they've bought into Ryan's defense being the salve that covers for not having a real QB. It will not work.

I am bookmarking this for two years from now so you can admit you are a really dumb know nothing mofo

I'll pm you something nice midway this season when Pryors lighting sh*t up.

top safety in the draft at 18? i'm sure he was probably #1 or #2 on our board out of the players not taken yet

I'm hoping it follows the history of the Richardson pick. First player taken at that position, ahead of a guy or two that the "experts" had rated ahead of him. Turned out okay. 

Big hitters help put the ball on the ground. One thing people never point out about Rex's defense is that it doesn't create turnovers. Creating turnovers will help off-set the turnovers we make, which have been the wont of this franchise for about 6 years.

Archived