The Official Draft Thread (1st Round)

Maxman

If Manziel is there, what are the ramifications of cutting/trading Vick or Smith? You aren't tying up 3 contracts in the Qb slot.

Geno isn't being paid much, and Vick is here on a one-year deal. The money isn't an issue. Egos might be. Probably best to try to get something for Geno, and get him out of town if it happens. 

If Bridgewater and Manziel fall to us, at this point, I could be okay with us taking one of them over Pryor or Dix --- even Cooks. 

If you hit on a QB, you win for a decade. If you hit on a safety or WR, you put up nice stats.

• Upvote 1

If Bridgewater and Manziel fall to us, at this point, I could be okay with us taking one of them over Pryor or Dix --- even Cooks. 

If you hit on a QB, you win for a decade. If you hit on a safety or WR, you put up nice stats.

Except its hard to believe either of those guys are the guy.  Jones will pick Manziel for PR.

I could be wrong about this but I think Idzik believes in Geno.  Plus if we draft Johnny Football then what will happen to Vick?  If it means Vick gets cut from the team then I might be happier about the move.  I think the Jets are going w/ Cooks.  Plus maybe the Cowboys take Johnny Football or someone else trades for him.

Could the Jets trade back?

This is honestly what I'm hoping for now. I can convince myself I'm okay with just about anyone of the defensive players left: Pryor, Shazier, Mosley, Dennard

Offensively it's Johnny, Cooks and Bridge

I think we can move back, still be in the mix for a good defender and add a 3rd rounder (something I figured out in more detail earlier).

Teams behind us looking for QB are Arizona, Chiefs, Bengals, Browns, Raiders. Some more than others.

I could be wrong about this but I think Idzik believes in Geno.  Plus if we draft Johnny Football then what will happen to Vick?  If it means Vick gets cut from the team then I might be happier about the move.  I think the Jets are going w/ Cooks.  Plus maybe the Cowboys take Johnny Football or someone else trades for him.

Who cares about Vick?