2nd Round Pick - Who Do You Want

New York Mick

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to list them in order. This would be a good spot to try and trade up. Either here or back into the end of the second round would be great. But I guess if I had to it would be something like this:

1) Matthews

1B) Amaro

2) Garrapolo

3) Lee

4) Su'a-Filo

5) Carr

6) Robinson

7) Lattimer

8) Niklas

In reality any of these guys would be fine. It would be nice if Jean-Baptiste slipped to the 3rd round too btw.

amaro and a wr..we will trade a4th rounder pick for that CB I forget from what NFL team

Dallas (Claiborne)? It's a good idea, but I thought Dallas - who is already at their spending limit - has an additional accelerated cap hit if they trade/cut him this season.  

But it would be good to get a young veteran who isn't going to cripple the team if the move doesn't pan out.  Besides, unless someone so awesome and obvious is there, I don't like the idea of taking a corner with our next pick (and probably not our 3rd rounder either).  Not when the round 1 pick is a safety who will surely start immediately.  Two rookies in the secondary (to pair with Milliner, coming off a rocky rookie season)? Ewww.

Plenty of players left at WR who are well worthy of a round 2 or round 3 selection.  I like a round 1 pick to start as a rookie, and WRs are very often iffy in that regard (unless the team forces it).  Doesn't seem to be the consensus that the late-1 prospects are so obviously heads & tails better than ones who will go 20 or even 50 picks later.  Still have the #17 pick in round 2 and the 6-8 next best WRs and the next 2-3 TEs aren't all coming off the board before our pick.  I like one of those 2 positions rather than corner for our next pick, but not if there then go with the best guy even if it's a corner.  Could be a fun September-October at a minimum for opposing QBs, though, if we start 2 rookies out there.

I like Latimer. Jets probably looking at Amaro. Lawrence is on the board but there are a lot of good edge players available and that's where the value might be in the third.

you like Allen Robinson at all?

If you had to pick between Moncrief and Matthews, who would you take?

i'd take Moncrief. He's not that raw made alot of plays at Ole Miss. Matthews is fine and all  but he's a rich man's David Nelson. They kinda already have that guy. 

i'd take Moncrief. He's not that raw made alot of plays at Ole Miss. Matthews is fine and all  but he's a rich man's David Nelson. They kinda already have that guy. 

Kinda see that too.

Bryant from Clemson I'm sure we've scouted extensively too...another option.

If we go offense, I like Robinson or Matthews at wide receiver, Amaro at tight end.  We will go offensive line at some point with an interior guy like Martin from USC, but this is too soon.

If we go defense, I like Attaochu as a pass rusher.  I don't like the value at corner at this spot.  Corners and safeties were getting overdrafted at the end of the last round and should be left alone for now.

He's a tough evaluation. The combination of size, explosiveness, and agility is just amazing, so how come the guy is never open? Goes right along with his tendency to alternate circus catches with derp drops. I really have no idea.

Is there a current stud WR(big and fast) who doesnt have derp drops? Dez frequently. Other than Megatron or Andre maybe.

Is there a current stud WR(big and fast) who doesnt have derp drops? Dez frequently. Other than Megatron or Andre maybe.

Well, right, so if it were just that it wouldn't be an issue. But he doesn't consistently win at the line or separate or catch the ball and there's no documented interest on the Jets' part, so I haven't given it that much thought. I'd imagine you'd find the same standard range of takes on Robinson that you usually see with these fixer-upper types.

I'm hoping for Lee, Matthews and Adams to be on the board...doubt it though.  I could stomach one of the TE's too.  Amaro or ASJ but would prefer a WR.

Kyle Van Noy is a name I could dig too...scooping up a Landry type WR in the 3rd.

But my favorites are Lee and Matthews.

I'm with our canuck friend and think that we should go all-out Ditka and trade the 11 picks we have left to Cleveland for Johnny Football and after we win next year's Super Bowl you guys will all be reading this bookmarked post and will have to all concede the one fact that; I. Am. A.  GENIUS!!! Just like Wile E Coyote

Super Genius

Well, right, so if it were just that it wouldn't be an issue. But he doesn't consistently win at the line or separate or catch the ball and there's no documented interest on the Jets' part, so I haven't given it that much thought. I'd imagine you'd find the same standard range of takes on Robinson that you usually see with these fixer-upper types.

Is there a receiver left on the board that frequently saw/beat press man?

Is there a receiver left on the board that frequently saw/beat press man?

Matthews, Moncreif and Landry.  Matthews destroyed the Gators over the course of his career and he always was facing press man coverage since Muscramp has been at Florida.

Moncrief would get his vs. press man at LSU...he had monster games vs. them. 

Kony Ealy-- Mark it down.  Guy is an animal.

Quality players are lining up with needs at WR/TE bigtime.  Going into tonight with Ealy, Lee, Amaro, Jenkins and about 8 other WR's worthy of a 2/3 pick, I'm feeling very good.

I'd love 2 picks in the second, or 3 total tonight.  Don't think 12 draft picks will make the squad, so lets consolidate a bit and take some surefire players today.

Love the draft.

As for Round 2

Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
Jeremiah Attaochu, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech
Kyle Van Noy, DE/OLB, BYU
Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA
Trent Murphy, DE/OLB, Stanford

Of course I want Marquise Lee as he's listed on the prospects we should target in the 1st round, but besides him I love Gabe Jackson. That guy has All-Pro potential, reminds me of the prospect I advocated for last draft in Larry Walford who was selected by the Lions in round 3. A guy I thought we should have selected last year in round 2 over Geno who finished not only better then the guards drafted ahead of him (Warmack, Justin Pugh, Dallas Thomas), but also most of the 1st rounders selected in the 1st rounds.

Jeremiah Attaochu is a great player as well who I fill is a better fit then Noy but maybe not as versatile. I like Amaro dispute his athletic limitations. Same with Murphy as he's slow and lanky but his film is great and did all you needs to see from your 3-4 OLB.

Would be happy to come out with some of the guys list above.

Archived