The Official Draft Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McDougle

Positives

• He has a thick, muscular frame that matches up well with stronger receivers.
  • When he lines up directly over the receiver, he has quick, active feet that help him trigger and break towards the ball on curl routes. His ability to blanket receivers on intermediate routes gave him multiple opportunities in each game he played in during 2013.
  • Good distance speed allows him to run with most receivers. Hedoesn’t have the elite 4.35 40-yard dash time that teams love, but his 4.5-type speed is good for the coverages he is best for.
  • Although he only played three games in 2013 due to a shoulder injury, his burn percentage was 89 percent, which is excellent. His ability to cover intermediate and deep routes was impressive.
  • He plays the ball well because he keeps his eyes on both the receiver and the quarterback throughout the play. He doesn’t lose track of the receiver, showing the ability to stay on the hip of the receiver.
  • He's a good blitzer off of the edge with his speed and elusiveness.
  • His hips are fluid, showing the ability to change direction quickly without having to round off routes. That quickness helps cover quick outs and double-moves downfield.
  • He fits best in off-man and Cover 3 schemes due to his skills and physical traits. He primarily played in off-man at Maryland, so if he’s fully recovered from injury, he could earn snaps early in his career in that coverage scheme.

Quarterback: Jimmy Garoppolo (Eastern Illinois), Logan Thomas (Virginia Tech), Tom Savage (Pittsburgh).

Running Back: Dri Archer (Kent State)

Wide receiver: Odell Beckham Jr. (LSU), Kelvin Benjamin (Florida State), John Brown (Pittsburg State), Brandin Cooks (Oregon State), Mike Evans (Texas A&M), Jarvis Landry (LSU), Marqise Lee (USC), Walt Powell (Murray State), Paul Richardson (Colorado).

Tight end: Jace Amaro (Texas Tech), Eric Ebron (North Carolina), C.J. Fiedorowicz (Iowa), Troy Niklas (Notre Dame), Austin Seferian-Jenkins (Washington).

Linebacker: Kevin Pierre-Louis (Boston College).

Cornerback: Darqueze Dennard (Michigan State), Kyle Fuller (Virginia Tech), Justin Gilbert (Oklahoma State), Dexter Mcdougle (Maryland), Keith McGill (Utah), Bradley Roby (Ohio State), Jason Verrett (TCU).

Outside linebacker/defensive end: Demarcus Lawrence (Boise State).

Safety: Deone Bucannon (Washington State), Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (Alabama), Calvin Pryor (Louisville).

3 for 3 on picks from visits. Also, they clearly prioritized corners, WRs, and TEs.

Ok fellas, I was hoping to go to bed feeling content, but the Jets would prefer I was confused. I seriously don't get it. Especially when guys like Moncrief and Mcgill were still there, but I didn't get Sheldon Rochsrdson last season either. 

I like the first two picks and don't know why we drafted the third. 2 outa 3 aint bad I suppose.  

Maybe we trade back in and get Moncrief.  We'll see.  

Gnight my friends in pain.

Archived