The Official Draft Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my thoughts on this pick.

It's a 3rd rounder. He's probably a scheme fit for Rex coming off an injury, and could be a good value gamble.

Bellichik did the same thing with his 1st rounder, for context. 

You people have no idea if these guys would have truly been available later on. The draft boards you see are terrible.

There was a buzz on this player for weeks prior to the draft. Matt Miller was on the McDougle bandwagon about 2 weeks ago 

Love sleepers? Keep your eyes on these names: Andre Hal (CB, Vanderbilt), Demetri Goodson (CB, Baylor) and Dexter McDougle (CB, Maryland). All three have been mentioned to me often in the past week as players the NFL likes more than media members do.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2040773-2014-nfl-draft-matt-millers-updated-scouting-notebook

Here's my thoughts on this pick.

It's a 3rd rounder. He's probably a scheme fit for Rex coming off an injury, and could be a good value gamble.

Bellichik did the same thing with his 1st rounder, for context. 

another great point if you are gonna reach doing it in rd3 is a fine place to do it. 

I have to believe there is something good about McDougle that made the Jets afraid to possibly lose out on him by waiting. To the people saying he was projected to go undrafted, where are you getting this information from? I'm sure it didn't come from any TEAM. Kiper and McShay liked the pick so there's that.

Wow, they must have been terrified somebody was going to grab him in the next twenty picks.

I'm okay with it.... at the end of the day, I trust Rex with defensive backs (maybe this will be the guy that Rex "makes" for Tom) and I trust the due diligence of Idzik.

At some point, you had to figure we'd do something that didn't align with Mayock and Kiper's bullsh*t mocks / grades.

There was a buzz on this player for weeks prior to the draft. Matt Miller was on the McDougle bandwagon about 2 weeks ago 

Love sleepers? Keep your eyes on these names: Andre Hal (CB, Vanderbilt), Demetri Goodson (CB, Baylor) and Dexter McDougle (CB, Maryland). All three have been mentioned to me often in the past week as players the NFL likes more than media members do.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2040773-2014-nfl-draft-matt-millers-updated-scouting-notebook

Good post, bit.

Thanks.

WTF is McDougle?  This guy could've been drafted in round 6.  We needed an OG or a WR.  Or CB Desir or CB McGill or CB Roberson - this was a terrible pick - this guy is a smurf. 5'10 is tiny in today's NFL.

WTF is McDougle?  This guy could've been drafted in round 6.  We needed an OG or a WR.  Or CB Desir or CB McGill or CB Roberson - this was a terrible pick - this guy is a smurf. 5'10 is tiny in today's NFL.

Verrett went R1. Some scouts had him as the best corner in the draft.

Thanks for your insight.

I'm okay with it.... at the end of the day, I trust Rex with defensive backs (maybe this will be the guy that Rex "makes" for Tom) and I trust the due diligence of Idzik.

At some point, you had to figure we'd do something that didn't align with Mayock and Kiper's bullsh*t mocks / grades.

You don't know how this game is played. If he turns out to be good, then he was going to be good with or without Rex. If not, then Rex can't develop...

Thought you would have picked up on this by now.

Sometimes I forget that I have no idea that the **** I'm talking about.

Yeah ok ...two words....Kyle Wilson...so much for your trust.

Archived