The Official Draft Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3rd round WRs aren't just going to drop in and have huge impact. This is going to be a make or break year for Hill, I'm guessing we draft someone raw and develop them to eventually replace Hill if he doesn't "get it" this year.

Bullsh*t. Not this year. That don't apply. This year's WR depth is off the charts.  Idzik will get a quality WR in round 4. GUAREENTEED.

--Jets draft Dexter McDougle

--Homer Jets fan googles Dexter McDougle

-- Homer Jets fan finds blurb on Rotoworld re: McDougle

--Homer Jets fan espouses greatness of Dexter McDougle.

pretty much

We drafting Stephen Hill Jr., Martavis Bryant?

As a 4th rounder I wouldn't mind it. Don't think we liked him very much since we brought in a ton of WRs and didn't bring him in. He's basically as raw as Hill and wouldn't touch him with picks 1-3, but I'd give him a flyer.

Dri Archer, John Brown, Logan Thomas, Tom Savage, Kevin Pierre Lewis, Keith Mcgill. At least one of our 4th rounders is probably in that group.

At least wait till Aiden Mackie grades the pick before you go off the deep end. Maybe NFL insiders know something we don't, like who Dexter McDougle is.

At least wait till Aiden Mackie grades the pick before you go off the deep end. Maybe NFL insiders know something we don't, like who Dexter McDougle is.

Sounds like a mystery movie.  Who in the world is Dexter McDougle?

Its well known he made Roby look really really really bad.

No. 9: Abby burns Roby

[+] Enlargencf_u_jaredabbrederis_ms_300x200.jpg
Andrew Weber/USA TODAY SportsOhio State struggled to stay with Wisconsin WR Jared Abbrederis, who finished with 10 catches for 204 yards and a TD.

Who and against whom: Wisconsin senior wide receiver Jared Abbrederis put on a show against Ohio State All-America cornerback Bradley Roby, though it wasn't enough as the Badgers lost 31-24 in Columbus.

The numbers: Abbrederis had 10 catches for 207 yards and a touchdown, including a 64-yard grab.

A closer look: Ohio State figured it could load up to stop the Wisconsin running game and use Roby in single coverage against the Badgers' lone deep receiving threat. The Buckeyes were half right. Wisconsin rushed for a season-low 104 yards as a team and had to go to the air at the Horseshoe, but Abbrederis showed a national TV audience just how good he is by continually beating Roby and getting open.

For a long while, Abbrederis was the Badgers offense. But he couldn't do it all, and the Buckeyes managed to slow him down when it counted to hold on for the key Leaders Division victory. Still, Abbrederis made many fans that night, including Ohio State coach Urban Meyer.

"He’s got my vote for All-Big Ten,” Meyer said after the game. “He did an incredible job.”

You aren't seeing the forest through the trees, mopey. 

-- Same old Jets fan mocks ESPN and NFLN draft coverage / experts

-- Jets draft Dexter McDougle

-- Same old Jets fan doesn't recall name from ESPN or Mayock

-- Same old Jets fan declares sky is falling

-- Homer Jets fan espouses greatness of McDougle

-- Same old Jets fan embarrasses self relentlessly

You aren't seeing the forest through the trees, mopey. 

-- Same old Jets fan mocks ESPN and NFLN draft coverage / experts

-- Jets draft Dexter McDougle

-- Same old Jets fan doesn't recall name from ESPN or Mayock

-- Same old Jets fan declares sky is falling

-- Homer Jets fan espouses greatness of McDougle

-- Same old Jets fan embarrasses self relentlessly

You are seeing the trees through the forest dopey.

I'm okay with it.... at the end of the day, I trust Rex with defensive backs (maybe this will be the guy that Rex "makes" for Tom) and I trust the due diligence of Idzik.

At some point, you had to figure we'd do something that didn't align with Mayock and Kiper's bullsh*t mocks / grades.

Exactly. Mayock and Kiper are as annoying as they come. And what makes them the know alls? Nothing. 

Thank God there are so many GM's that come to this site to tell us who is good and who isn't.  It saves me the trouble of listening to the people on tv or reading the various scouting reports on each player.  Thank Tebow for JetNation posters!

Archived