The Official Draft Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the position. Geno's desperate for some consistency at the TE position, will help him out a ton. 

Don't know much about him, but he looks very talented. Physical and athletic. 

Real big, great hands, fast, and doesn't lambeau leap like Keller. 

Decker, Nelson, Kerley, Hill, Amaro, Cumberland.

Not bad. 

Still plenty of WR talent too.

Decker, Nelson, Kerley, Hill, Amaro, Cumberland.

Not bad. 

Still plenty of WR talent too.

No. Its time.. Garoppolo. 

Not in a 12 personnel grouping, which we are ideally suited for... Cumby, Amaro, Decker, Kerley (or WR to be named later), plus Ivory (or CJ) on the field together. Those are some big targets for Geno, with good matchup potential.

Sure. But I don't trust Geno at all. This team will still be run first.

David Nelson is one happy dude right now.  The Jets not adding a top WR is a big chance for him to shine.  Stephen Hill as well, but I just think Nelson has so much more upside.

a lot of todays TEs do not block well.

TEs across the league do not block well, because the league wants them matched up against bad coverage catching passes. 

The same people that bitch about Rex being stuck in the 1940's with ground and pound are probably the ones complaining that Amaro can't block.

David Nelson is one happy dude right now.  The Jets not adding a top WR is a big chance for him to shine.  Stephen Hill as well, but I just think Nelson has so much more upside.

I agree.... but we will continue to add pass catchers.

The whole "plus he blocks(!)" thing is how we got Braylon Edwards. 

Amaro is awesome... but lets not get ahead of ourselves. He's not Braylon awesome. Braylon is like a damn unicorn.. a mythical creature.. a legend. We all know him from one name. Not many we can say that about. 

Archived