The Official Draft Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mortreport: Devante Adams #GBPIck Fresno State WR. Ted Thompson 2nd round WR picks- Jordy Nelson (2008), Randall Cobb (2011) and Greg Jennings (2006)

Good lord.

Ted Thompson in round 2 is like the polar opposite of the Jets franchise in round 2. Hoping Amaro, along with Geno, bucks the trend for us.

If Hill even remotely shows up this season, Geno has no excuses. No more 5 year experiments like Sanchez.

12 picks in this draft, I see us picking a guy that we can develop and have ready in the event that Geno flops. We'd be stupid not to.

I agree.... but we will continue to add pass catchers.

Yes I am sure.  But with there being a handful of guys that were "locks" to make an immediate impact, Nelson is happy right now.  None of them are here.  But it all changes in a hurry once training camp starts.  Draft position no longer matters and if a kid can play, he can play.

12 picks in this draft, I see us picking a guy that we can develop and have ready in the event that Geno flops. We'd be stupid not to.

I agree. My fear is that we don't draft someone, cause we want to protect Geno's psyche like how we tip toed around Marks.

Yes I am sure.  But with there being a handful of guys that were "locks" to make an immediate impact, Nelson is happy right now.  None of them are here.  But it all changes in a hurry once training camp starts.  Draft position no longer matters and if a kid can play, he can play.

I hope this is the new philosophy here now, it wasn't when Woodhead was cut in order to keep pukey face guy... The Pats are one of the truest followers of that "everyone is equal no matter where you were drafted" philosophy.

I agree. My fear is that we don't draft someone, cause we want to protect Geno's psyche like how we tip toed around Marks.

I think that pussy footing mentality of ass kissing and manipulating egos left with Tanny

I hope you're right. But Geno is Idzik's first big draft. He doesn't want to wash his hands that quick.

Meh, I think you are over-generalizing GM's all having insecure egos like Tanny. He was the type of GM whose every move exhibited him thinking through and moving in ways that protected previoius decisions he had made. This is the tell-tale trademark of someone who knows he's in over his head. 

I haven't so much as sniffed anything like that from Idzik. He doesn't seem to operate out of self-preservation and personal image maintenance.

Archived