The Official Draft Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, I think you are over-generalizing GM's all having insecure egos like Tanny. He was the type of GM whose every move exhibited him thinking through and moving in ways that protected previoius decisions he had made. This is the tell-tale trademark of someone who knows he's in over his head. 

I haven't so much as sniffed anything like that from Idzik. He doesn't seem to operate out of self-preservation and personal image maintenance.

Maybe. I hope you're right. I just remember last preseason when everyone was saying Idzik wanted Geno to be handed the job over Mark cause it was his guy.

Maybe. I hope you're right. I just remember last preseason when everyone was saying Idzik wanted Geno to be handed the job over Mark cause it was his guy.

the "everyone" saying that, was the media

You know who I am not worried about? The Browns and the Jaguars. 

Exactly... it's teams like the 49ers, Broncos, Steelers, Packers and Ravens that work the draft for one steal after another to add to their already strong, QB-having situations

Ugh... that is the only thing I did not want to see happen. 

I'm totally fine with us not getting this guy or that... I just didn't want to see the Pats get an actually good prospect as a successor to Brady. 

Ugh... that is the only thing I did not want to see happen. 

I'm totally fine with us not getting this guy or that... I just didn't want to see the Pats get an actually good prospect as a successor to Brady. 

Don't worry. He's no Manziel.

tumblr_mnbbjz2XpF1qdzs7mo1_500.gif

Don't worry. He's no Manziel.

tumblr_mnbbjz2XpF1qdzs7mo1_500.gif

I probably over-stated my concern.

It's one of those deals where when they picked Mallet, I knew he'd suck... this guy I actually expect to make an average QB eventually, which, in an environment where cheating and favoritism are working to his advantage, he could be dominant. LOL

Archived