Jets just picked worst pick in draft!!!!!!!

Tony The Wiz

BTW, he was also one of the 30 prospects to make an official visit to the Jets before the draft.  They did their homework.  

Another solid pick at a position of need imo.

Fine ok already.I get it. He talented, has potential etc etc etc.  All I'm saying is, and its the general consensus among ALL draft gurus, is that he's a reach for a 3rd rounder due to his injury and missing 3/4 of his season and would have been available in the later rounds.   

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these sources that fans use are prepared right after the combine. McDougal did not work out there, so he was not evaluated on anything, but 3 games. Teams are evaluating right up to the draft and once he was healthy, he was able to prove his pro ability. If your sources were so good, teams could save a ton of money by just plunking down 6 bucks for a draft guide.

This is similar to Demario Davis. Everyone was like, who? And he's one of the best defenders on the team. I'm willing to hang back and see how it all pans out.

He's talented.....just no reason to take him there especially if we see him as a slot cover guy.  If we loved him we could still have traded up into the late 4th and likely he's still there.  Not a disaster pick...just a curious one.

Yeah I been pretty good on picking many a draft pick. Doing it for a long time and don't tell me because these guys are scouts they don't get it wrong. Why don't you see a championship from the Jets all these years. I am giving my opinion and yes you may not agree with it but if you look at this player who has him going in the mid third round. Nobody! When you guts were cheering that Sanchez pick I was totally against it. I was vocal with my friends and family that he should of stood in college as well as his now super bowl coach wanted. I wonder how that went.

Why didn't you say so? With your track record and the fact that you have been doing it a long time you obviously do know more than Idzik, Bradway and all those other knuckleheads. Looking forward to your opinion on the the 3 4th rounders, I hope those dolts don't screw it up.

NOBODY was going to risk taking a kid with a broken shoulder blade, 

If that was the extent of his injury  - when healed, the callous build up would all but insure he'll never break it there again. Better than new and ready to lower and do some popping.

Yeah I been pretty good on picking many a draft pick. Doing it for a long time and don't tell me because these guys are scouts they don't get it wrong. Why don't you see a championship from the Jets all these years. I am giving my opinion and yes you may not agree with it but if you look at this player who has him going in the mid third round. Nobody! When you guts were cheering that Sanchez pick I was totally against it. I was vocal with my friends and family that he should of stood in college as well as his now super bowl coach wanted. I wonder how that went.

And how are things in Yonkers this fine morning?

He's talented.....just no reason to take him there especially if we see him as a slot cover guy.  If we loved him we could still have traded up into the late 4th and likely he's still there.  Not a disaster pick...just a curious one.

easy - you'll be castigated by al the Idzik lovers

Does Dexter turn his head around occasionally when covering the receiver?

If he does bro - the expendable finger wagger just got more a load more expendable. Our first 2 of 3 picks show Wilson's stock price despite his "pro-bowl" metrics on a website.

He's talented.....just no reason to take him there especially if we see him as a slot cover guy. If we loved him we could still have traded up into the late 4th and likely he's still there. Not a disaster pick...just a curious one.

They see him as a #2 CB.

he's no troll he's just pissed off and so am I. Even if this kid pans out it's still a stupid pick at this juncture of the draft.   NOBODY was going to risk taking a kid with a broken shoulder blade, didn't participate at the combine or have a pro day and didn't play the last 7 games of his collegiate career (and had a whole 3 int's in college (wooope de do).  

Wow, I find myself agreeing with you.

They had options here, especially at CB. They should have taken Gaines. What I can say is that this Mcdougle kid can tackle, most noticeably in open space when running up on a receiver. He'll definitely take your legs out. It seems like Idzik/scouting dept. had a hard-on for this kid and took him a tad early. I cant hate though, if it was someone that I really liked I'd prefer to secure the pick rather than having a team who has a tendency for picking good players that drop due to injury (49er's, broncos etc). Hopefully he'll make me forget about Gaines, Though Gaines is going into a nice situation with a good front 7 along with the inclusion of Dee Ford which I think will be a stud in this league.

Now you're a behavioral therapist? I thought you were in special ed.

with all the other GM's who always say it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft.   if you have never heard that before, well that explains a lot, lol

I don't like the pick, but I don't watch a lot of college football so I am trusting the scouts, bradway, idzik did their homework on the kid and rex can make this kid into a good player

don't see the point in crying about it

To me, it's one of two things. How he plays on the field is kinda irrelevant. What matters is whether he was flying up other teams draft boards or not. If he was, it was fine. If he wasn't, then they basically swapped a 3rd round pick for a 6th round. I'm obviously not in a position to know which of those two things is correct, so I would have preferred Jackson or Moncrief or someone like that... someone that I didn't have to wonder that about.

with all the other GM's who always say it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft.   if you have never heard that before, well that explains a lot, lol

I don't like the pick, but I don't watch a lot of college football so I am trusting the scouts, bradway, idzik did their homework on the kid and rex can make this kid into a good player

don't see the point in crying about it

Yea I hear you. Loud and clear. However, that 3 year window is not set in stone.  And please don't mention that moron Bradway. How he is even still affiliated with the Jets is beyond me. 

I see this pick as a replacement for Kyle Wilson who is making big bucks and is the last year of his contract.  He is a goner after this year. Idzik will continue to clean house and rid himself of many high payroll contracts like Harris and Wilson ASAP.  

I didn't like the pick. Infact I didn't even know who the kid was. But I trust Idzik, and Co did their homework on this guy. Obviously the Jets feel this is a risk/reward type of pick. I have no problem with that type of pick in the third round. With nine picks today it's hard to get upset about any one pick after the second round.

Yea I hear you. Loud and clear. However, that 3 year window is not set in stone.  And please don't mention that moron Bradway. How he is even still affiliated with the Jets is beyond me. 

I see this pick as a replacement for Kyle Wilson who is making big bucks and is the last year of his contract.  He is a goner after this year. Idzik will continue to clean house and rid himself of many high payroll contracts like Harris and Wilson ASAP.  

yeah grabbing 2 inside corners tells you a lot about wilsons future.  I was hoping for a taller CB, but oh well

bradway has a good reputation on the scouting side, just wasn't a good GM.  if you believe the legend he was pounding the table for russell wilson, that alone keeps him around for idzik

harris is overpaid, but a solid starter.  I think he gets renegotiated.  we'll see if they take an ILB with speed, he may be out

They had options here, especially at CB. They should have taken Gaines. What I can say is that this Mcdougle kid can tackle, most noticeably in open space when running up on a receiver. He'll definitely take your legs out. It seems like Idzik/scouting dept. had a hard-on for this kid and took him a tad early. I cant hate though, if it was someone that I really liked I'd prefer to secure the pick rather than having a team who has a tendency for picking good players that drop due to injury (49er's, broncos etc). Hopefully he'll make me forget about Gaines, Though Gaines is going into a nice situation with a good front 7 along with the inclusion of Dee Ford which I think will be a stud in this league.

Mcdougle looks like he can tackle, is fast, and can actually catch. Don't know anything about the guy otherwise besides those three or four clips though. Hope it works. I also warmed up to gaines as well so was a little bummed, but this is one i have no idea whether it's a good thing or not.

Villan he isn't a great tackler. In fact the knock on him is he plays bigger than he is. That's how he injured his shoulder.  Gotta love his recklessness but it has backfired.  He thinks he's in the mold of a Calvin Pryor and he's a smurf. I just see Stallworth making an over the shoulder catch on Rod Perry in the SB  . Scouting report on him states he doesn't wrap up and wr's shed his tackles. That can be fixed.  But WR's are now tall strong and bigger than ever.  5'10 just seems to short for a corner in today's NFL.  He's here ...lets hope for the best.

I did some researching and here are some comments from people who are familiar with this kid.......

-I am a HUGE MARYLAND FAN, HE IS JOE HADEN PART 2.

-Seen this kid play and I must say if he stays healthy and that is a big if Well he is not Revis but Milliner would for sure have to retract his statement as being the best CB on the J-E-T-S.

-This guy was on track to be a top pick (second rounder) before the season ending injury; he put on an impressive show at the invite.

Hey guys with the cursing and personal attacks, KNOCK IT OFF.

There is no room for that here. You can disagree with him, but keep it to football. Arsis, your post was really disappointing especially.

I thought you had absolutely nothing to do with the moderation on this board?

Thanks for coming out of your shell with a burst

:rl:

I thought you had absolutely nothing to do with the moderation on this board?

Thanks for coming out of your shell with a burst

:rl:

I should clarify my earlier statements...

I have nothing to do with moderating former moderators lol.

Really though, I do very little moderating these days.

i would be a liar if i said i saw this pick coming i personally thought antone exum would have been a better pick and there is a possibility this guy could have been there when the jets drafted again in the top of the fourth, however as much research as i did into these players (and i probably did more than most) i did not watch nearly as many games or put nearly as much time into this draft as the entirety of the jets scouting department. that being said, for those of you who are upset with the pick because you went to espn or cbs and looked up their list of "top" corners, please do the world a favor and do some research on your own next year. a great example is....and i hesitate to say this....Tom Brady (you wouldn't have found him on any of those lists) this is because the experts are not always right. the experts do not spend nearly as much time as a scouting department knit picking through players to figure out who is really the best instead they go off of mostly statistics and are where a certain player had played.

To me, it's one of two things. How he plays on the field is kinda irrelevant. What matters is whether he was flying up other teams draft boards or not. If he was, it was fine. If he wasn't, then they basically swapped a 3rd round pick for a 6th round. I'm obviously not in a position to know which of those two things is correct, so I would have preferred Jackson or Moncrief or someone like that... someone that I didn't have to wonder that about.

Is it just me, or did u just say that his field play is Kinda Irrelevant????  Flying on Other teams draft boards is what matters?  Wowww.  I just ,blubblubllbblubbblllubbblub !!! :sign0163:

so one minute after the pick we already know this kid is garbage and THE WORST PICK IN THE DRAFT???????

i am used to being let down by the jets also but can we at least watch the kid play football before we decide he's the worst out of hundreds of players

Archived