12 picks quality or quantity?

joewilly12

3 decent picks 1 possible starter so far? I still think we should have packaged picks and got Watkins. So far no WR and most of the good ones are gone. Discuss

Did you see what Buffalo gave up to move up half as far as the Jets would've had to move? No f'n way.

And two starters so far, easy. Big upgrades at S and TE. Jets are in year two of a rebuild. Going for quantity in a deep draft is the smart thing to do. I'd've been happy if they traded down in the first round, and collected even more picks.

Amaro does not start over Cumberland

Good Morning Sunshine!

Amaro will see significant playing time whether it be "starting" or not is irrelevant. Both he and cumby will be on the field at the same time plenty this season as well. I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets add Sudfeld to the mix at the same time. Why not have three monsters running around the field that are too fast for the Lb's and too strong for the DB's.

Amaro was a fantastic pick.

Now McDougle????   Hmmmmm

all three of our picks will be starting by season's end.

Quantity can mean more quality. There are always players drafted in the later rounds that turn out to be great, by using the picks we just may find one of these players. I thought we were tired of the Tanny drafts where come away with like 4 players.

3 decent picks 1 possible starter so far?  I still think we should have packaged picks and got Watkins. So far no WR and most of the good ones are gone. Discuss

Pryor starts. Amaro starts.

McDougle probably has a rotation role, like most of the minor players in Rex's scheme. McDougle might also find himself returning punts or something.

Honestly, why don't you just stop bellyaching... the conclusions you draw are the opposite of what everyone else considers "the givens". 

If we would of gave up as much as the Bills gave up.... we would have 1 great WR and probably McDougal. I'd rather have a solid starter at FS and a solid starter at TE then 1 WR and an average run support CB

Pryor and Amaro help the Jets win games.

Watkins helps fantasy owners win games. 

If we would of gave up as much as the Bills gave up.... we would have 1 great WR and probably McDougal. I'd rather have a solid starter at FS and a solid starter at TE then 1 WR and an average run support CB

Exactly, the Bills have mortgaged their already rebuilding future on a single WR. Good player, dumb move. By the time they really become competitive (if they do) Watkins may be in a position to ask for a ton of money in contract restructuring after his 3rd year undermining the whole plus side of the rookie wage scale. The Jets have the brightest future of any team in the division.

Archived