And We're Back! - Day 3 Draft Thread

slats

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been fun watching Jets fans of Twitter talk each other into loving every draft pick.

Coincidentally, every player is "a beast."

It's even more fun watching the opposite faction of idiots (of which you are the fearless leader) instantly denounce each pick as if you are talent evaluator extraordinnaire.

It's even more fun watching the opposite faction of idiots (of which you are the fearless leader) instantly denounce each pick as if you are talent evaluator extraordinnaire.

Yeah but he has a radio show -big shot

Pretty funny all of the experts here trashing just about the entire Jets draft. Probably 90% of the critics are basing their opinion on some draft rag or Kiper's best available list. Maybe we should just hire Kiper to be the GM and everyone can cream in their shorts with each pick

Pretty funny all of the experts here trashing just about the entire Jets draft. Probably 90% of the critics are basing their opinion on some draft rag or Kiper's best available list. Maybe we should just hire Kiper to be the GM and everyone can cream in their shorts with each pick

Sell these picks on us. G'head.

I don't need to have an expense account with the Jets to know that 165 pounds is kinda small for a guy without special speed

It is no fun to give the players a chance-we want to criticize the Jets

Why did we hire Idzik again?

John Idzik begins his sixth season with the Seahawks after joining the club on February 16, 2007. With Seattle, Idzik oversees player negotiations, the team’s compliance with the NFL salary cap, player personnel transactions, all football operations budgets, staff and team contracts, team travel and most aspects of the day-to-day football operations while also remaining "active" in player evaluations. In addition, he serves as the club’s primary liaison to the NFL Office and represents the club at League meetings.

Specials:

Pros

George is a sudden, downhill linebacker who excels at engaging blockers in traffic. He ran a 4.91 40 at the combine but pulled his hamstring during the drill. After healing up, he ran a 4.66 at his Pro Day (more reflective of the speed seen on tape). He was a vocal and spiritual leader of the Iowa St. Cyclones. His intangibles and speed are reminiscent of Demario Davis.

Cons

George is very raw and undersized for a linebacker. He often over-pursues and runs himself out of a play. He has poor reaction and timing often waiting for a play to develop before making a move. Picking him in the fifth was a reach.

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/05/new-york-jets-select-jeremiah-george-lb-iowa-st/

John Idzik begins his sixth season with the Seahawks after joining the club on February 16, 2007. With Seattle, Idzik oversees player negotiations, the team’s compliance with the NFL salary cap, player personnel transactions, all football operations budgets, staff and team contracts, team travel and most aspects of the day-to-day football operations while also remaining "active" in player evaluations. In addition, he serves as the club’s primary liaison to the NFL Office and represents the club at League meetings.

So basically he latched on to the coat tails of Pete Carroll? 

Sell these picks on us. G'head.

I've got nothing but I can freely admit that. I don't know most of these players, but I'm sure that puts me in with vast majority of others here. I'll go with idzik and the scouting staff over Mel Kiper though if I had to make a choice.

I'm no draft guru, as a matter of fact other than the QBs I could prob name 3 guys on the whole board today, but everything I've ever read or watched has always said there is literally no difference between a 5-7 rounder and a UFA...just system and organization preference :... No reason to panic or celebrate until training camp

Archived