Jets Draft strategy

itsJETStime

What exactly is the draft strategy?  I really liked the first two picks but besides Dozier, is there anyone drafted that will make an impact?  Who are these guys?  Bottom line is either Idzik and his staff are great or they are the biggest group of morons ever associated with this organization.

I think the draft strategy is to count special teams as an important unit. It seems that that would get a special teams starter and hope they can contribute more. Rather then what most other teams get in the 4th+ rounds. Which is absolutely nothing.

The secondary was by far our biggest weakness entering the draft and we've significantly bolstered it (or attempted to) with Pryor and McDougle. Whether they work out or not I don't know, no one does and declaring them busts or bad picks before any football is played is laughable. We needed to reinforce the secondary and we have.

The offense is completely revamped from last season. With Decker, Johnson and Amaro on board Geno is in a much better situation. I've no idea what to expect from the mid to late round WR's, but if get anything at all from them it will be a bonus. 

I've really liked the strategy. Think it's left us looking a pretty solid team across the board. Could be a very good one if certain players - Geno and Milliner in particular - Develop like they should this season.

The secondary was by far our biggest weakness entering the draft and we've significantly bolstered it (or attempted to) with Pryor and McDougle. Whether they work out or not I don't know, no one does and declaring them busts or bad picks before any football is played is laughable. We needed to reinforce the secondary and we have.

The offense is completely revamped from last season. With Decker, Johnson and Amaro on board Geno is in a much better situation. I've no idea what to expect from the mid to late round WR's, but if get anything at all from them it will be a bonus.

I've really liked the strategy. Think it's left us looking a pretty solid team across the board. Could be a very good one if certain players - Geno and Milliner in particular - Develop like they should this season.

We'll said.

Archived